PDA

View Full Version : Question

BranMan
09-21-2006, 05:03 PM
i was tryin to take of my a-arms i got the bottom 1 off on 1 side but the top is stuck. in the process of tryin to get it off i tore some hole in the rubber boot around the ball joint... can i buy them to replace it?? any tips on gettin the ball joint off?? or does any1 have any a-arms for around 150 or 200 for sale that i could buy?? please let me no thanks

Rip_Tear
09-21-2006, 05:22 PM
You cannot get replacement rubber boots that are a proper fit, you however can rig something up. I would suggest for getting the ball joints out of the hub, a bolt and nut that fit, or use spacers.

What you do is put the nut just onto the bolt, thread it flush. Then put the spacers in on top of the king nut on the ball joint, and put the bolt nut combo inbetween the 2 king nuts, then loosen the nut on the bolt, making them "expand" one of the ball joints will pop out, then you might have to get another spacer and do it again for the other side.

Sorry very hard to explain, if you need I'll get a pic for you when I can.

BranMan
09-21-2006, 05:29 PM
do u have any suggestion on wat i can rig up?? yes i understand waqt ur sayin ill give it a try thanks

Rip_Tear
09-21-2006, 05:37 PM
I took a bicycle tube and cut it into sections and just zip tied it like a sleeve around the boot and filled it full of grease.