PDA

View Full Version : FTR, Florida Trail Riders Hare Scramble 8-30 How Did Everyone Do??

DMH
09-01-2002, 05:44 PM
OK guys time to give up the stories. How'd everyone do in the first race of the season? Wish i could of bin there but i wont be running any scrambles till around Oct. or Nov. So everyone that raced let me know what i missed out on.

BadA$$440
09-01-2002, 06:31 PM
Cool, we have somebody else that races FTR. You missed alot of MUD!!!!!!!!!! It was an awsome track but a lil to muddy. What class are you running? Im trying out the Quad 4 stroke C class since this is tehnically my first race. SGAEXER ad MACBLASTER were also there, and SGAEXER hopefully got good pics. And you missed the KTM 520 quad featured on the cover of all the magazines. I guess the guy bought it from darryl wrath cuz i seen it with my own eyes and it was the same thing down to the stickers. Will you be at Holopaw? I will try to make it to that race.

Jesse

macblaster
09-01-2002, 07:15 PM
great race! lots of mud. the ktm was cool I finished second in my class

DMH
09-01-2002, 07:16 PM
I thought it would be kinda muddy. But i think i would rather deal with a little mud than it be dusty (alot easier to see). I ran the 99-00 & 00-01 season in 4 stroke B (didn't get to race last season :( ). I need to send FTR an e-mail and see what class i need to sign up for now. I'm hopen I've been demoted to C. Anyone get any picts of the KTM after the race? It would be kinda hard for me to take that nice of a quad and run it through that kind of mud. I don't think I'm going to make the Holopaw race. We camp in a tent when we go and its just to hot. My first race this season will probebly be in Oct (can't wait). How did you do and how many peaple where in the C class. Please post some picts if ya got any.

BadA$$440
09-01-2002, 07:22 PM
Hey MacBlaster, congrats on 2nd. There were only 7 people in the C class and i got 5th cuz i slid into so many trees ( damn MX tires ) otherwise i would have done better. I think SGAEXER got 4th.

DMH
09-01-2002, 07:46 PM
Congrats on the 2nd MacBlaster. Bad***** only 7 in the C class? Thats cool. The last race i ran i think there was 33 of us on the start line. I'm glad they added the C class to spread some of the peaple out.

BadA$$440
09-01-2002, 07:53 PM
Ya, thats why i dropped down to C class, because there were so many people in B. Im sure there are alot more People is C.

DMH
09-01-2002, 07:58 PM
The classes usually will start to fill up after the first race. Thats a long way to drive for a lota peaple.

SGA
09-01-2002, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I got 4th in the C class. Got over anxious at the beginning of the race, every tree within twenty feet grabbed my front tires. The rest went smooth though, Lots of DEEP mud also. Talked awhile with the guy that bought the KTM quad. Super nice. He said hes gonna head up and run some GNCC's with it. Let me tell you, that thing is blazing fast. The only pic I got was of it in the trailer. I'll put it on soon.
Met Bad*****440, He did good for his first race. He's gonna get a trophy real quick I suspect. Looking foward to the next one, in two weeks I think.

SGA
09-01-2002, 11:29 PM
Heres a pic of the KTM quad. I didn't get one of him in action on it cause I was running the same time he was. He kept it in the trailer most of the day cause it rained the whole time. I did get a real close look at it though while talking with him and he explained what changes he made to it for X/C.
I forgot to ask him if the babe from the magazine came with it! :blah

hash1250r
09-02-2002, 04:09 AM
sounds like fun.I got 4 more months of therapy and then hopefully i can start racing again.Got to get it set up for h/s now to.

BadA$$440
09-02-2002, 05:57 AM
Just giving you an Idea of how muddy the race was. And this is AFTER i rinsed it down a lil. I got better pics but i got to get them developed.

Bad*****440

BadA$$440
09-02-2002, 05:58 AM

SGA
09-02-2002, 09:23 AM
Yeah, it was pretty muddy, but i'd do it again. There are number plates under there!

Dave400ex
09-02-2002, 09:51 AM
How do you Guys like the Razrs on the Stock Rims? Are they a good setup? How the Rims holding up?

DMH
09-02-2002, 11:32 AM
What are ya'll going to do with all that dirt ya took home?:D

BadA$$440
09-02-2002, 12:25 PM
we used it to filled i all the holes around the house. Its taking me forever to get her clean again.

Pro400EXC
09-02-2002, 10:08 PM
Dangitt,i am gonna cry!!!!

I wanted to race that race soo bad,but my dang ole dad's truck got messsed up,so i can;t depend on fathers anymore,anyways I'd rather have mymom bring me,she is cooler.lol

Anywas,man guys looked like a sweet race,wish I coulda been there too show SGAEXER and Jesse hwo to ride,hehe

I was gonna go fro broke,but hopefully I'll have a job soon,so i can ride Balls ot the Walls and not give a ***.........

I love mud,its the best,so i proll would of done good,i dunno,can't boast yet.

Anyways,sry ZJesse that i couldn't amke it.....No body stole my number right?:D

Hopefully they'll keep holding it for me til Holopaw(if i have enought money to race it,or the one in Palatka (my home turf)

Anywyas guys,peace

We'll ahve to all meet at Crooms or soemthing,and have a group ride,some time....

SGA
09-02-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by hash1250r
sounds like fun.I got 4 more months of therapy and then hopefully i can start racing again.Got to get it set up for h/s now to.
What happened, did you crash or somthing?

hash1250r
09-03-2002, 02:17 AM
I wished i had done it riding.But i pinched a nerve in my neck at work.Atleast if i did it riding i wouldnt mined it too much.Riding would probaly make it feel better.

BadA$$440
09-03-2002, 05:53 AM
Pro, no one stole your number, there were only 7 people in our class that race but im sure there will be more at Holopaw which i am definatly going to but i will probably just go up saturday and come home saturday to. I dont know about the third race, i got to see if the parents are able to drive me to gainsville, i wish i could go myself.

Ya, i was thinkin about meeting up at croooms to. We stopped there to see if anything has changed and supposably alot has.

Sorry to hear that Hash, i kinow what you mean about you rather get hurt doing something you love.

Hey SGAEXER, have you got your quad clean yet? Mine is sitting in our garage naked. I pressure washed her ALL day monday, took al the plastics off, and gas tank, etc and i am still finding mud and dirt. Im fixing to be ordering all new brakes and Smith Warp Star goggle with roll offs from the Quad Shop. See you guys at the next race hopefully. I think i'll be there for sure.

Bad*****440

SGA
09-06-2002, 07:20 PM
yeah, I got it clean. Did you see that the lap times are posted at FTR?