PDA

View Full Version : Bears

WhiteZrider
09-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Well my grandpa came over to hunt at my house because he got a stand back in the woods. So he wqas walking up the hill he saw a baby cub (bear) and when he turned to the left a bear was charging at him, so he yelled and it stoped, so he backed down the hill backwards with his bow pointing at the bear. AND IM freaking because my 2 main fears are bears and bees( bc im allergic) and the woods is like 30 yards from my house so if i see em ill crap myself lol, he said it was rather huge

Rastus
09-21-2006, 01:51 PM
What kind was it?

kawi_kfx13
09-21-2006, 01:53 PM
lol omg...my friends found a mountain lion in ther back yard and ran 4 the life thers been a few around here 4 som reason...but ya a bear lol scary!

WhiteZrider
09-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Rastus
What kind was it?

Regular Black Bear but he said it was runnning fullbore lol

MR.BIG
09-21-2006, 01:59 PM
It was just protecting its cub! They usually won't bother you and they will see you before you even see them most of the time so there is no need to get scared.

I would be more scared of a mountain lion!

WhiteZrider
09-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
It was just protecting its cub! They usually won't bother you and they will see you before you even see them most of the time so there is no need to get scared.

Yeah but he saw the cub than like 2 seconds later the bear was running after him so yeah lol theres bobcats around here ill crap myself if i see one lol

Rip_Tear
09-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Bears aren't nearly as scary as big cats are. The only thing cats are scared of is things bigger then they are, and they really aren't very scared of them...

Just think, riding your quad through the trails and bang from the side, a cat takes you off your quad and you are down.

Bears barely ever attack, I've been walking through our trails and been 15 feet away from bears and their cubs and not had a problem, just keep looking at them and back away.

vet_ltz
09-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG

I got to agree with you about the cats. Heck a five pound house cat is more than a handfull. Just imagine one that wieghs a couple of hundred pounds:eek:

I-7
09-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Theres only been like 2 deaths related to bear attacks in the last 10 years and like 19 deaths related to dog attacks. They are pretty shy animals and keep to themseleves unless they are bothered badly and you are by yourself. I love seeing them, they're pretty cool animals.

I-7
09-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Good video of bear vs. a mountain lion........ bear gets owned btw.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=977999648217926899&q=grizzly+bear&hl=en

WhiteZrider
09-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by I-7
Good video of bear vs. a mountain lion........ bear gets owned btw.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=977999648217926899&q=grizzly+bear&hl=en

Dude that bear was liek scared er something it was huge it coulds have just sat on the cat lol

exboy
09-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZrider
my 2 main fears are bears and bees( bc im allergic)

i bet it sux bein allergic to bears.

j/k

Toadz400
09-22-2006, 12:16 AM
We have bears all around our house, they have a den on the edge of our yard. Bears are very easy to scare as they are always on my uncle's yard but he just walks outside and yells at them. Of course it could be because my uncle is about the same size as the bear, he's a big guy.

I would much rather be around a bear than a mountain lion or any other large cat. That bear was just charging your grandpa because he was near the cub, they will usually stop at nothing to protect their young if they believe it's in danger. The same goes with that video of the couger attacking the bear, it showed a quick glimpse of the cat's baby so obviously it felt it needed to protect it.

Pappy
09-22-2006, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by WhiteZrider
Regular Black Bear but he said it was runnning fullbore lol

what color fullbore:confused:

WhiteZrider
09-22-2006, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
what color fullbore:confused:

Lol black :D

10-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Yes...more bears! We need more bears!!!