PDA

View Full Version : my story, i hate cops GA ppl read this

rebelbuggy
09-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Well I was riding my 4 wheeler today and well theres a creek about a mile from my house, You can ride on the side of the road all the way except for one road that cuts off to the right like 100 foot from the creek well going down the road I seen a cop pulling out of the road so I deiced to go up the road and see if he went on or what and i was about to jump up on the crub and go back down the otherside and at that time hear comes another cop over the hill so I jumped up on the side the road I came from and he stoped turned on the blue lights and I cut it off.

Cop:what you doing riding on the road

Me:I was trying to stay off the road as much as I can

Cop:I just seen you on the road

Me: yea cause of all those vines and all I was going around them

Cop: (shacking his head) You know , I dont have time to write tickets to people on 4 wheelers I have more important things to do )

Me: (thinking to myself well why heck you bothering me go on)
Me: I said yeah

Cop: do you have a drivers license

Me: (reached for wallet didnt have ,cause im on my 4 wheeler not driving) Yes I have one

Cop: Valid one ?

Me: Yes

Cop: where you live

Me: right down the road a little

Cop: I just want to tell you a new GA law has just went into affect
and traffic cops will stop you and inpound your 4 wheeler and will be a $500 fine, I just want you to know that.

Me: Oh really I didnt know anything about that

Cop: yeah so can you take that thing home and or call someoen to come get you and it and dont let me see you back on the road with it

Cop: I am not going to give you a ticket but someone else will

me: okay.

Cop: drives off

me: come home

I HATE COPS ....... Whatever m he didnt say crap about me on the side of the road tho so i will still ride up and down the side the road, just have to make sure i dont get on the road I guess

Does anyone know the GA laws for atv's? I have looked on line google and yahoo and didnt find what i wanted.

HB416EX
09-21-2006, 10:19 AM
He did what most cops do.He warned you about the new law and let you go.Seems to me he did the nicest thing he could do.You shouldn't be complaining.

rebelbuggy
09-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by HB416EX
He did what most cops do.He warned you about the new law and let you go.Seems to me he did the nicest thing he could do.You shouldn't be complaining.

so you have heard about that "new law" Also???????

do you know a website where the laws are posted for us atv riders?

Would a sudivsion also count as a road?

I know how cops are they tell you stuff thats not true , cause I have caught cops in the past in lies, cause i knew the sherriff of my county and would always call and ask him but hes not sherrif any more.

NorCalRacer
09-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Wow, he should have gave you a ticket. Sound's like he extended you every courtesy and you want to cry about it. He should have impounded your quad so your post would have been justified, slightly :rolleyes:

TGW_400ex
09-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Wow he didn't give you a ticket and you complaining?

HB416EX
09-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by rebelbuggy
so you have heard about that "new law" Also???????

do you know a website where the laws are posted for us atv riders?

Would a sudivsion also count as a road?

I know how cops are they tell you stuff thats not true , cause I have caught cops in the past in lies, cause i knew the sherriff of my county and would always call and ask him but hes not sherrif any more.

No I could careless about the laws in GA.I live in California and never get harassed by cops.He let you go with a warning you need to relax.

rebelbuggy
09-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
Wow, he should have gave you a ticket. Sound's like he extended you every courtesy and you want to cry about it. He should have impounded your quad do your post would have been justified. :rolleyes:

Kiss it there buddy,

NorCalRacer
09-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Cry a little louder, maybe someone will care

rebelbuggy
09-21-2006, 10:28 AM
I just want GEORGIA Residents to read this and let me know if theres a site with the laws, so Yout in CALI you dont know if theres really a new law or not so he could be lieing about it like I said.

I just want to know if anyone else has also heard this... give me a ticket, I dont even know how they can give you a ticket on my 4 wheeler, thats about like giving me one for riding my bikcycle on the road, that would be unheard of at least where I live at maybe not if you in a Big town like some of you

rebelbuggy
09-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
Cry a little louder, maybe someone will care

And people want to know why I don't like folks from there....
grow up your probably 12

HB416EX
09-21-2006, 10:33 AM
I just want GEORGIA Residents to read this and let me know if theres a site with the laws, so Yout in CALI you dont know if theres really a new law or not so he could be lieing about it like I said.

I just want to know if anyone else has also heard this... give me a ticket, I dont even know how they can give you a ticket on my 4 wheeler, thats about like giving me one for riding my bikcycle on the road, that would be unheard of at least where I live at maybe not if you in a Big town like some of you

WAAAH I got a warning I can't handle it I'm going to cry on the internet WAAAH

flattrack440ex
09-21-2006, 10:34 AM
yea dude honestly he did a good thing by not giving u a ticket you shouldnt b mad about that. it seems like the cops in my area show up when ever we even think about riding. you got lucky that he didnt give u a ticket, i wouldnt push my luck riding on the side of the road if i was you cuz if u catch one on a bad day he will give u a ticket cuz they can it will just b his word against yours and the cop will win

gun32boarder
09-21-2006, 10:35 AM
grow up your probably 12

I have a hard time believing you were born in 79'. You were obviously breaking the law by riding on the road and got off lucky.

NorCalRacer
09-21-2006, 10:41 AM
grow up your probably 12

Nah, I'm almost exactly 1 month older than you, time for you to act your age.

09-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Well I was riding my 4 wheeler today and well theres a creek about a mile from my house, You can ride on the side of the road all the way except for one road that cuts off to the right like 100 foot from the creek well going down the road I seen a cop pulling out of the road so I deiced to go up the road and see if he went on or what and i was about to jump up on the crub and go back down the otherside and at that time hear comes another cop over the hill so I jumped up on the side the road I came from and he stoped turned on the blue lights and I cut it off.

Cop: (shacking his head) You know , I dont have time to write tickets to people on 4 wheelers I have more important things to do )

Me: (reached for wallet didnt have ,cause im on my 4 wheeler not driving) Yes I have one

and traffic cops will stop you and inpound your 4 wheeler and will be a $500 fine, I just want you to know that.

Cop: yeah so can you take that thing home and or call someoen to come get you and it and dont let me see you back on the road with it

I HATE COPS ....... Whatever m he didnt say crap about me on the side of the road tho so i will still ride up and down the side the road, just have to make sure i dont get on the road I guess

Does anyone know the GA laws for atv's? I have looked on line google and yahoo and didnt find what i wanted.

you got really lucky i was just riding down a dirt road kinda fast around a turn and a cop is right in front of me with another kid pulled over so he thinks im going to run so he gets in his car but i stop he wrote the other kid 2 tickets also 1 for not wearing goggles(not illeagle) and not having his lisence(he was 13)

i got 2 tickets 1 for reckless driving and 1 for not having my lisence (suspended)

the cop was a ***** i have to go to court

i was on probation for 4 months
i had to pay for 2 $75.00 tickets
$40.00 every month for probation
7.5 hours of community service(just finished)
ADI driving test $80.00

plus i wasnt driving reckless in the 1st place

macclenny cops are the worst

QuadJunkies
09-21-2006, 10:55 AM
I really dont see the point to this topic :confused:

thats you didnt get a citation??:ermm:

kawi_kfx13
09-21-2006, 11:19 AM
men they bother me alot...but im on alot of private property cuz my dad farms...so we have a *** load of land to ride on...but theres always one watching.. i got stoped once and gave me a warning lol i desrved a ticket i was in town gettina spark plug ...but ya i no my friends have out ran like 1 or 2..i thought it was kinda stupid...cuz it ruins it 4 the rest of us but ya...ther just pricks...nothing we can do about it...

bwamos
09-21-2006, 11:21 AM
When I'm taking my quad down the street to my test area.. instead of loading it up to take it there.. I just use a rope hooked to the bars attached near the cross member and pull it in neutral. (motor not running). This makes it so you can pull it and steer it without it randomly turning on you. Besides it good excercise.. and a good strech/warmup. ;)

It is illegal 90% of the areas to have your atv on the road or inside of the 10ft right-of-way. aka.. a running atv is not allowed within 10ft of the shoulder of the road. Generally you can get away with unloading an atv.. but technically they can impound it for even that if they want.

sakirocket28
09-21-2006, 11:32 AM
he really could have made you life miserable, but in a way he did the cool thing. BUT, bein a fellow GA rider, i know how the cops can be.

Bout 2 months ago, i was getting back from riding in the early evening, and pulled backed my truck and trailor into my driveway and pulled my quad off so i could ge it cleaned up. So i pull it off the trailor and park it on my driveway, not even 20 feet from the street, and cut it off and run up into my garage to get some stuff to clean it up, and run a hose out to it. Before i could even get to cleaning it, a cop comes flying down my street and slams on the brakes infront of my house and parks the front wheels of his car in my yard! so naturally i stand up and ask him whats going on? this guy gets out of his car and greets me with a "NOW WHAT THE (HECK) IS GOING ON DOWN HERE, AND DONT START GIVING ME BULL**** U HEAR ME?!" so im in shock and awe as he comes barging over to me and walks around my quad jus circling it and reaches and snatches the keys out of the ignigion! so now i say, "hey buddy, you mind telling me jus what the **** is going on here?" and he says, "i jus got a call of someone spotting a 4 wheeler around here" to which i sarcastically say, "hah, it didnt happen to be on a trailor did it?" and he starts giving me all kinds of hell about how he's tired of dealing with stupid kids riding atv's on the street and wasting his time. so i say, "yeah good point, you are wasting your time, these wheels havent touched the street since the first day i got it, thats it, and it was on a trailor when i was coming home. i understand you have a job to do, and the law to keep, but i dont appreciate being treated like **** before you know whats going on. and it would make my day if you would give me my keys back and get your cruiser out of my yard." after u said this, he took a step back and stared at me like he'd seen a ghost and says, " now listen up buddy, i was called down here becasue someone said they saw a 4 wheeler on the street, and frankly, i dont believe a single word you just said." to which i respond, you see these tires? caked in mud, still fairly wet, left all kinds of muddy marks on my driveway now didnt they? now, if you can find a single mark going from my driveway or yard into the street, ill kiss your a** and write myself a ticket, how bout that?" he gave me another dumbfounded look and said that "its a felony in georgia to ride a atv on the steets, and you will get it impounded and serve up to 3 years in jail!" i absolutely couldnt believe what i was hearing! i told him, "well ill call the department tomorrow and double check it, cause frankly, i dont believe a single word you just said." to then he handed me my keys without saying a word and pulled his cruiser all the way into my yard before he left. i absolutely could not believe what i jus experienced, and called the police station that night to file a complaint and find out the real truth. The woman told me that the atv will be impounded and you can get a fine of up to 500 bucks...so i feel your pain, but the man was right!

sly400ex
09-21-2006, 11:46 AM
WOW....you are seriously a winer! I would have written a thread saying "I ran into a cool cop today". He let you OFF. No tickets, fines, trouble, etc.

GROW UP!:macho

hondaracer305
09-21-2006, 11:57 AM

If you think that cop was a tool, then u really wouldnt wanna live in my neck of the woods :o sounds like he let u off pretty easy..

rebelbuggy
09-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
you got really lucky i was just riding down a dirt road kinda fast around a turn and a cop is right in front of me with another kid pulled over so he thinks im going to run so he gets in his car but i stop he wrote the other kid 2 tickets also 1 for not wearing goggles(not illeagle) and not having his lisence(he was 13)

i got 2 tickets 1 for reckless driving and 1 for not having my lisence (suspended)

the cop was a ***** i have to go to court

i was on probation for 4 months
i had to pay for 2 $75.00 tickets
$40.00 every month for probation
7.5 hours of community service(just finished)
ADI driving test $80.00

plus i wasnt driving reckless in the 1st place

macclenny cops are the worst

dang that sucks, well this wasnt a road road, I mean it used to be a dirt road before they paved it, it still is dirt at the other end it just goes to a few neirborhoods it not like i was on a HUGE road i see maybe a car every 10 mins on it

WhiteZrider
09-21-2006, 12:24 PM
ok if i see a cop coming, he usually doesnt get to talk to me because im gone lol