PDA

View Full Version : Lower Steering Stem frame mount damage

kbass24emtp
09-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Just a friendly Warning to all LT-R owners, Lower Steering Stem frame mount
damage. Click the link below to learn more.
www.*******.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1821&pid=14430&st=0&#entry14430

I received this e-mail from *******.net. You will have to register to be able to see the thread. This is a must see for all LT-R owners.

400exMO
09-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Wow, that, the problems with the rear shock tab, and the weak 400 frames makes me think twice about an ltr.

AL Elks
09-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Just be aware that the individual with the problem also tagged a tree some time earlier. I'd wait to see if anyone else has this problem before I jump to conclusions.

kbass24emtp
09-21-2006, 04:20 PM
I saw that after I posted on here. I could see how hitting a tree would do that, but you would think there would be alittle more bracing up there to prevent the tab from doing what it did in the pics. I guess this is something woods riders should look out for.

Also my intensions for this thread was not to flame the LT-R. It was just to get the information out to prevent someone from getting hurt.

CdaleXtreme
09-22-2006, 10:00 AM
When you hit a tree what can you really expect?

Its like people are dying to prove these things to be illegitimate with all sorts of invalid claims.

400exMO
09-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme

Its like people are dying to prove these things to be illegitimate with all sorts of invalid claims.
That made a lot of sence. Any bike will fail, suzukis have their problems as honda and yamaha do as well.

kbass24emtp
09-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme

I see what you mean. I really don't understand why the owner would leave out the fact he hit a tree.

mx1791
09-22-2006, 02:37 PM
wtf, loved the z400 so i got one, and all these frame problems ppl where saying and it got recalled and wut not for the clutch cover, so now that i want an ltr, more problems show up that kinda scare me away from it.....i should just be smart and get another honda. if no one else has this problem i wont worrie