PDA

View Full Version : Helmets

firefighterjosh
09-21-2006, 03:20 AM
I was bored tonight and watched a ton of vids. I prally wactched 50 ATV wreck thread and I bet 60% of them ppl were not wearing helmets.:mad: And ppl wonder why there trying to take away riding areas and why the news is always saying how bad they are.

What do you guys think about a helmet law???

<DRS>GPF
09-21-2006, 05:53 AM
helmet laws suck..

for the street, the excuse thats been used for years was insurance costs.. but just like when seatbelt laws where enacted, the insurance costs never went down or even slowed down on their increases.:grr:

as for people making videos without helmets, its not mine or anyone elses fault they cant afford a helmet after buying a quad and a video camera..:rolleyes:

bwamos
09-21-2006, 06:51 AM
I think all riding areas should have a helmet policy. If you're dumb enough to ride on agressive trails without a helmet you need someone telling you to put a helmet on.

If you can't afford a bottom of the line $50 helmet.. then you can afford the gas to drive to a riding area. :P

A helmet law would need restrictions to ATV's that can exceed 50mph, and children under 16.

A farmer hauling some debris, or the guy at the fair hauling ice at 2mps on a MULE shouldn't be required to wear a helmet.. lol.

The guy on a construction jobsite should be wearing a hardhat anyway so he's covered.

firefighterjosh
09-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I think all riding areas should have a helmet policy. If you're dumb enough to ride on agressive trails without a helmet you need someone telling you to put a helmet on.

If you can't afford a bottom of the line $50 helmet.. then you can afford the gas to drive to a riding area. :P

A helmet law would need restrictions to ATV's that can exceed 50mph, and children under 16.

A farmer hauling some debris, or the guy at the fair hauling ice at 2mps on a MULE shouldn't be required to wear a helmet.. lol.

The guy on a construction jobsite should be wearing a hardhat anyway so he's covered.

Good Point!

underpowered
09-21-2006, 04:05 PM
i think there should be some sort of helmet law. here in KY you are required a helmet if you are under 16 no matter where you are at, even on private property. i almost always wear a helmet. the only time i don't is just putting around the yard or at teh shop testing out a quad. any time i actually ride there is a good helmet on my head.

i work at a shop and you would not believe the amount of people who come in, buy the cheapest helmet they can get and tell me " i don't even like wearing a helmet, but where i am ridin that says i got to have one." they buy a $40 helmet jsut to satify the people at the riding are. personally i would not wear a $50 helmet, it won't do much. I sell more cheap helmets to people like this than anyone else.

welpracing
09-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by bwamos

well said. I totally agree.

Brandon

DieselBoy
09-21-2006, 04:14 PM
their should indeed be a law requiring the use of a helmet at the bare minimum. It's just stupid not to wear one.

arego
09-21-2006, 04:19 PM
i love it.....I want the most expensive quad with all the top of the line parts you know bling bling...oh yea and give that $40 helmat because I think Its so lame that I should protect the most important body part,my brain....

guess there isn't much brain to protect for those folks huh:devil:

250ex13
09-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I was bored tonight and watched a ton of vids. I prally wactched 50 ATV wreck thread and I bet 60% of them ppl were not wearing helmets.:mad: And ppl wonder why there trying to take away riding areas and why the news is always saying how bad they are.

What do you guys think about a helmet law???

I award you the post whore award...
1656 (12.45 posts per day)

j/k:D

HB416EX
09-21-2006, 04:28 PM
I've always worn a helmet.I feel uncomortable without it.It would suck to become a vegetable just cause I didn't wear a helmet:rolleyes:

Pappy
09-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by HB416EX
I've always worn a helmet.I feel uncomortable without it.It would suck to become a vegetable just cause I didn't wear a helmet:rolleyes:

that is how ive gotten. i usually have a helmet on unless im riding the pits and drive very slow which still isnt a garuntee. ive seen people get clobbered in the pits by some idiot doing 50.

god must love stupid people because he let so many come into this world.

firefighterjosh
09-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 250ex13
I award you the post whore award...
1656 (12.45 posts per day)

j/k:D

I know I have been post whoring alot and I should slow down, but I am on here atleast 4 days a week for 10 hours since I am at work this is one of the sites that is always up on my PC.

I can't help it I am addicted to this great site:D

Anyways I have alot of friends that hate helmets,,,I have no clue why, I feel naked without one. I go through about 1 helmet a year. I have seen 2 of my friends go to the hospital because they were not wearing a helmet. I have had 3 friends die on Motorcycles for not wearing a helmets.

I have a great riding spot at my grandmas and I told anyone that wants to ride must wear a hemlet and they give me **** for making them. STUPID PPL