PDA

View Full Version : Cummins Fans! Vid Cummins Vs Viper

firefighterjosh
09-20-2006, 11:43 PM
I wish this was my truck
Drag 1 (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1126502478)

firefighterjosh
09-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Dyno (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1167888821)

firefighterjosh
09-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
good god

has to be 1000 hp

750 to be exact

firefighterjosh
09-21-2006, 12:46 AM
if toped out so fast seems like it had alittle more then 750

I got the vid off my space. It said it was 750HP and 1,500 lb tourq

firefighterjosh
09-21-2006, 01:32 AM
yea i see wheree it says that

but i guess it tops up faster because deisels rpms are alot lower

Yea it is prally only running at 3k or 3500 at tops!

underpowered
09-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Yea it is prally only running at 3k or 3500 at tops!

actually not, probably hit the rev limiter at about 5k. deisels will rev higher than you think, they are dont because in stock form teh power output is so low in teh RPM range. my buddies D-max is limited to 5200 and pulls all the way to it. here it is. 01 d-max 2500 HD. truck is his DD adn pulling truck as well. right now it is being rebuilt with even more goodies than before.
<embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=673153010&type=video&cp=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br>Get this video and more at <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=673153010&n=2">MySpace.com</a>

nosliw
09-21-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by underpowered
actually not, probably hit the rev limiter at about 5k. deisels will rev higher than you think, they are dont because in stock form teh power output is so low in teh RPM range. my buddies D-max is limited to 5200 and pulls all the way to it.

nope.

stock dmax won't fuel past 3200rpms, and even if he did some custom tuning to fuel faster, there is no way in hell he hits 5200.

inputshaft of the allison can't handle 5000rpm.

nosliw
09-21-2006, 09:31 AM
that is a pretty wicked cummins though.

there's a NWBomber (diesel club) who's got a cummins that will beat a Hayabusa from 70 to 130mph.

Rastus
09-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Is it just me or does the Viper sound like it's running really crappy? Listen during the shift... :ermm: Having 4WD really helps the truck out.

Also the guy pulling the sled would really benefit if he had a manual.
Needless to say, if he's adding mods and fuel then he won't want it as a DD for long. I know Diesels supposedly get better MPG, but you add mods and fuel to anything and your MPG goes down the toilet. :(

nosliw
09-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Rastus
Is it just me or does the Viper sound like it's running really crappy? Listen during the shift... :ermm: Having 4WD really helps the truck out.

Needless to say, if he's adding mods and fuel then he won't want it as a DD for long. I know Diesels supposedly get better MPG, but you add mods and fuel to anything and your MPG goes down the toilet. :(

manuals do good with pulling, but anyone who wants it done right goes with built automatics. no letting off the gas = no loss in boost.

i've got my chip set to 100hp now, and i still get 19 or so MPG on the freeway. just because the power is there doesn't mean you have to use it.

sure, i'd get 10 or so mpg if i floor it from every stopsign, but if i'm easy on it i get good MPG.

but damn, it sure is hard to keep your foot out of it :rolleyes: :cool:

underpowered
09-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
nope.

stock dmax won't fuel past 3200rpms, and even if he did some custom tuning to fuel faster, there is no way in hell he hits 5200.

inputshaft of the allison can't handle 5000rpm.

ummm, where you get your info?

03 and up models rev to 5000 from teh factory. his 01 has a custom tune in an 03 EPU to allow it to rev higher. i have seen it bury the tach many times to 5k RPM.

In the video two pull were at Grant county wehre it still had the stock ECU and it cut out at 3200. the other pulls are with the new ECU at 5200.

underpowered
09-21-2006, 02:29 PM

well his tranny cost him $8000 to have built, mainly just for pulling. He usually pulls in low range, but has pulled in high range before. a manual would not help other than to build boost at teh begining of the run. right now he really cant rev it to build boost before he starts so he has to build it as he goes.

2004400exa
09-21-2006, 04:35 PM
yeee hawww diesels baby ..... love emm to death

nosliw
09-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
ummm, where you get your info?

03 and up models rev to 5000 from teh factory. his 01 has a custom tune in an 03 EPU to allow it to rev higher. i have seen it bury the tach many times to 5k RPM.

In the video two pull were at Grant county wehre it still had the stock ECU and it cut out at 3200. the other pulls are with the new ECU at 5200.

where the hell are YOU getting YOUR info????

i HAVE a 2005 DURAMAX and i know DAMN well that it dont rev to 5,000rpm!

the ONLY differences in tachs between years is that in 06 they removed the 'dashed red'. ACTUAL FUELED-RPM AND RPM LIMIT ARE THE SAME!

why don't you go to www.dieselplace.com and educate yourself.

Jonesy
09-21-2006, 06:32 PM

the ONLY differences in tachs between years is that in 06 they removed the 'dashed red'. ACTUAL FUELED-RPM AND RPM LIMIT ARE THE SAME!

I know the guy that owns the truck. Here are the specs on it.

2001 K2500hd LB7 Green Reg. Cab Longbed, 6in Dual Stacks, Edge W/ Attitude on 5/5, Quadzilla 215hp tune, Suncoast Stage 5, Suncoast triple disc converter, BD Full bore exhaust manifold, SoCal head goodies, Comp cam

You can talk to the guy who has helped him build the truck up. He is on dieselplace.com his user name is QUAD.

He also has a front locker, custom traction bars, built rear end, weight bar, tie rod sleeves, and couple other things now. They were writing some custom programs for him and in testing them they messed up something internally, so now it is torn down and being gone thru and upgraded.

underpowered
09-21-2006, 06:49 PM

all i am sayin is what i know. I have seen this truck do stuff you claim is not possible. I have seen it bounce the revilter at 5000+ rpm. just do a little research and you will see what is possible out of these motors, with relatively little work. teh early models were limited to 3200 or 3400 (not sure on exact numbers) but the newer ones WILL rev all the way out.

nosliw
09-21-2006, 07:14 PM
the "newer" ones won't rev any higher than the "older" ones.

the older ones were limited to 3250 (i think). that's fueling rpm. they hit 4200 or higher when grade braking (tow/haul, going down a hill for example)

now, factor in custom tuning, and sure, you could spin in pretty quick, but the motors (stock internals) won't do over 5K, if you could even find a way to get them there.

PLUS the Allison internals aren't anygood for anything past 5K

nosliw
09-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Jonesy
They were writing some custom programs for him and in testing them they messed up something internally, so now it is torn down and being gone thru and upgraded.

hmm, maybe they overspun it? :o

okay, maybe we should clarify some....

i'm sure there is a physical way to turn a dmax 7K, but the GD thing is going to grenade if it's churning any fuel.

also, you'll hit a point where simply the diesel can't burn fast enough

milehigh450r
09-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Dude, the Dmax can't rev out much past 3500 from the factory, I would know about it. The valves will probably start floating at 4500. It takes a seriously built motor to run anything near 5k, I know for sure the built Cummins can do it. Also, I hope your friend isnt running a stock turbo with the dmax, as you didnt mention a turbo on that list. That seems like a 450-500 rwhp combo, not bad.

About that dodge on the dyno, that thing is sick, but look at the water leaking under it, it's got a cracked block. The only Cummins you stay away from is the 53 block.

underpowered
09-22-2006, 05:25 AM
the "newer" ones won't rev any higher than the "older" ones.

the older ones were limited to 3250 (i think). that's fueling rpm. they hit 4200 or higher when grade braking (tow/haul, going down a hill for example)

now, factor in custom tuning, and sure, you could spin in pretty quick, but the motors (stock internals) won't do over 5K, if you could even find a way to get them there.

PLUS the Allison internals aren't anygood for anything past 5K

well like i said, he has $8000 in his tranny alone so i am pretty sure it is built to handle whatever he throws at it.

yes is is on the stock turbo for now, but his rebuild it supposed to be "secret' and he wont say exactly what is going back in it. he may have overspun it, IDK for sure, but i can tell you, like i have already told you, I HAVE SEEN IT hit 5k.

Hopefully we can get some video of it out on the streeet after he get is up and running again with all his new goodies.

nosliw
09-22-2006, 09:47 AM
for the hell of it let's say he knows something 98% of duramax tuners don't know..... 5K isn't cool when you can only hit it a few times before it goes POP.

like with the cummins, they shave the counters off the crank to lighten it up to spin quicker, so maybe guys will start doing that with the max.

yea i believe the $8K, but i don't believe that you are upgrading anything more than clutches/steels and line pressure, ect with that. i don't see why it would be able to withstand higher rpm, but it might.

milehigh450r
09-22-2006, 09:45 PM
I feel sorry for that little turbo. :eek2: How can that thing push enough air for all that fuel?

WoofersInc
09-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Ok. I've got a built Cummins. Redline is still at 3000 RPM, just as it was from the factory. The Cummins was built from the ground up as a diesel motor. The Ford and Chevy motors are motors that are based off gas motors. Diesel motors are not designed for high RPM use. You can build any motor to do crazy horsepower or torque numbers but reliability goes down the drain. I am currently able to run my motor up to 600 HP and 1000 Ft/lb of torque if I want but thanks to computer programming I can run all day at reasonable numbers with no concerns of destroying my daily driver.

LTZ400rider
09-23-2006, 12:28 AM

the truck might have 4x4 launches but the viper doesnt weight 8000 pounds, and its made to go fast

milehigh450r
09-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by WoofersInc
Ok. I've got a built Cummins. Redline is still at 3000 RPM, just as it was from the factory. The Cummins was built from the ground up as a diesel motor. The Ford and Chevy motors are motors that are based off gas motors. Diesel motors are not designed for high RPM use. You can build any motor to do crazy horsepower or torque numbers but reliability goes down the drain. I am currently able to run my motor up to 600 HP and 1000 Ft/lb of torque if I want but thanks to computer programming I can run all day at reasonable numbers with no concerns of destroying my daily driver.

What kind of mods do you have to get up to 600 hp? I know not just the juice/attitude.

400exc
09-23-2006, 03:54 PM
who wouldnt want one? pretty nice

Rastus
09-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
the truck might have 4x4 launches but the viper doesnt weight 8000 pounds, and its made to go fast

I don't think he's at 8K pounds, I'd say around 6K. If he had a steel bed with toolboxes, full 1 ton running gear, HD frame and springs; then I'd say he would be at 8K.

I still get your point though, a diesel 4WD truck has a lot more weight than the car. :)

nosliw
09-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by WoofersInc
The Ford and Chevy motors are motors that are based off gas motors.

that is absolutely false.

back it up. asap. and i don't want to read a thread from some cummins-oriented website.

firefighterjosh
09-25-2006, 12:37 AM
How many RPMS is this truck running lol (http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1204983813)

Another Puller (http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1200586024)

Flames??? (http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1182072237)

<DRS>GPF
09-25-2006, 05:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDSMKks2xW8

there's another diesel vs. gas..

poor guy in the car didnt know what happened..

WoofersInc
09-26-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm looking for the info on the Duramax. On the Ford I will admit that I am wrong on the Powerstroke motor but the earlier Ford motors which are supplied by Navistar ( same company that builds the Powerstroke) were based on a International Harvester design which was origionally meant to be a gas motor. This was what Ford used until the Powerstroke was introduced. I will continue to look for the development timeline on the GM motors.

WoofersInc
09-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by milehigh450r
What kind of mods do you have to get up to 600 hp? I know not just the juice/attitude.

I have a 5 inch exhaust from the turbo back, Cold air intake, Banks intercooler, Edge Juice, Edge Attitude, Edge Jammer Turbo, and have replaced the injectors.
The new intercooler, turbo, and injectors on top of the usual mods are what really enabled me to push the HP numbers up.

milehigh450r
09-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Ok, you havent dynoed the truck have you. If you have some 90 hp injectors, you would be lucky to crack 475 on the dyno with the juice. Thats pushing the limits on the jammer turbo, even with the banks intercooler. You didnt mention a clutch, and if its stock you are taxing it right now. And you cant just add the hp up from all your mods, it doesnt work like that. We own two cummins, so I'm not exactly in the dark on this issue. If you have a dyno slip, post it up and I will take back everything I said. Until then, dream on dude. :rolleyes:

firefighterjosh
09-26-2006, 08:23 PM
My bud dynoed his at 502HP and a little over 1,000lb of touq with

Sorry not sure of all the brands

Turbo. Edge chip, injectors, new fuel system, 4 inch stacks, rebuilt engine (nothing extreme) ,intercooler. Thats all I can think of.

nosliw
09-26-2006, 08:57 PM
i beleive they call that 'ricer math'

but the cummins are very capable engines who can definately hold their own.

i had a 95 12V before my DMAX and it was quick. but most the things i had to do to it were mechanical compared to the electronic tuning capabilities for the dmax

stalefish_132
09-26-2006, 09:11 PM
gale banks has duramax's turning 8000rpm and the quadzilla stealth2 tuner ups the revlimit to 4400 rpm. the duramax can safely turn 5000 with stock internals.
who cares how high you rev its all abotu the sweet spot 1800-3300 ahah

BTW we just got a 04 lb7.. and loving it!

milehigh450r
09-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Sticker adds 40 hp right? :p Bonus points for the wings!

There are a lot of common rails that DYNO at over 600, but you need a 66 class single, or better yet twins, head studs, injectors, stacked boxes, and a lot arent on #2 only.

600 hp on straight diesel for any truck is off the chain homie! :eek2: :eek2:

milehigh450r
09-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey stalefish, do you mean this duramax?

http://www.bankspower.com/DmaxTypeR-ProjectOverView.cfm

Which turns only 5000 rpm, which is 'incredible for a diesel engine' as banks says. Where the **** are you people coming up with this 5000 rpm from the factory? WTF are you smoking? That engine will come apart unless every part of the valve train has been modified, and bottom end lightened.

nosliw
09-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey stalefish, do you mean this duramax?

http://www.bankspower.com/DmaxTypeR-ProjectOverView.cfm

Which turns only 5000 rpm, which is 'incredible for a diesel engine' as banks says. Where the **** are you people coming up with this 5000 rpm from the factory? WTF are you smoking? That engine will come apart unless every part of the valve train has been modified, and bottom end lightened.

thank you.

plus people need to consider the allison internals. invest in a good tranny blanket at that RPM or spend the rest of your life picking planetarys out of your ***.

2004400exa
09-27-2006, 10:22 AM
still the worlds fastest truck mmhmm dogde

http://www.bankspower.com/im_pickuptruck_feb03.cfm

nosliw
09-27-2006, 10:45 AM
yea that thing kicks ***.

they need to wedge a DMAX into a s-10 and see how fast they can get it to go.

or give me about $100,000 and i'll do it myself.

milehigh450r
09-27-2006, 11:57 AM
It's got a huge top speed, but I think it ran a 12.XX at Bandimere, too bad I wasnt there to see it. I guess its geared way too tall, pretty cool though, for being a Banks product.

stalefish_132
09-27-2006, 02:16 PM
actually i was more thinking of the sidewinder allterrain duramax.
i saw the eposode on trucks and i was pretty sure they said it turned 8000rpm, but yeah more likly its 5000rpm.

picture..http://www.bankspower.com/PowerTour/duramax_sm.jpg

WoofersInc
09-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Ok, you havent dynoed the truck have you. If you have some 90 hp injectors, you would be lucky to crack 475 on the dyno with the juice. Thats pushing the limits on the jammer turbo, even with the banks intercooler. You didnt mention a clutch, and if its stock you are taxing it right now. And you cant just add the hp up from all your mods, it doesnt work like that. We own two cummins, so I'm not exactly in the dark on this issue. If you have a dyno slip, post it up and I will take back everything I said. Until then, dream on dude. :rolleyes:

Haven't looked at Diesel Power magazine in a while have you. They did a shoot out of several high HP trucks. Look at the mods on them. Same as mine and most of these are in the 600 to 700 hp range. So don't tell me the numbers don't add up.

milehigh450r
09-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Wow, Diesel Power mag., the end all authority and most BS free mag. I have ever read. :rolleyes:

Your truck would dyno at about 265 hp stock. Lets say intake and exhaust put you at 300. If you have a regular juice, and not the Hot, thats about 100 hp. You might get to 415, because edge underrated their box. Intercooler is mainly gonna keep your EGT's in check, let you run WOT longer. If you have 90 hp injectors, you'll probably get most of that, lets say 500. And, that's already pushing the limit on your turbo, so you arent going to get much more power out of that. If you have a stock fuel system, you wont make this much power, and the stock CP3 wont help either.

You dont have over 300 hp worth of fuel over stock. Injectors and juice is not 300 hp over stock.

WoofersInc
09-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Wow, Diesel Power mag., the end all authority and most BS free mag. I have ever read. :rolleyes:

And you're expertise is coming from where??

Oh yeah I forgot.. "We've owned two of them." Since when does owning something qualify as being an expert. You're trying to tell everyone that you know more than the nationally published magazine that dynos the trucks they profile and the shops that build these trucks day in and day out????

I'm the one who went through the build-up of my truck and I'm the one who drives this thing every day. I see no need to have to justify anything to some kid basing his arguements on something he doesn't have the full picture of.
Done talking to you..........

milehigh450r
09-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Well, lets see, being on 4 diesel forums, we own the 2003 in my sig, and I just bought a 2000 24v. I think I know a little bit more than the avg guy. Just go on a diesel forum and ask the guys how much power you think you are making, prepare to be disappointed. I feel bad for calling you out because you do drive a cummins, but whatever dude. Enjoy your 600 horse dodge.

And diesel power mag comes down to who will pay the bills. It's a walking Banks ad.

4punksdad
09-30-2006, 09:57 PM
:)

come get some.

milehigh450r
10-01-2006, 06:26 PM
This truck got some. :)

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l151/mainstmobil/?action=view%A4t=Picture046.flv

And gets 2x the mileage.

4punksdad
10-01-2006, 08:35 PM
I see lots of talk.........but this truck is in my driveway, not some magazine I read or video clip I found.

milehigh450r
10-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Ok, well, our 2003 will run about a 14.1 sec 1/4 mile right now at 5500'. I've timed it with the monitor, and it doesnt have much as far as mods. I'd like to see if you can top that stock. Good luck getting traction with your 2wd truck.

That truck is in our driveway too, and it didnt cost 50k. One day, you will pull up to the wrong diesel.

firefighterjosh
10-02-2006, 04:45 AM
Here are some vids of my buddies truck I was talking about earlier

Lap down Road (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1110047178&n=2)

Dyno (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1109939457&n=2)

firefighterjosh
10-02-2006, 04:48 AM
My buds POwerchoke

Won this burnout comp (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1225658559&n=2)

kima burnem (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=757978357&n=2)

4punksdad
10-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Ok, well, our 2003 will run about a 14.1 sec 1/4 mile right now at 5500'. I've timed it with the monitor, and it doesnt have much as far as mods. I'd like to see if you can top that stock. Good luck getting traction with your 2wd truck.

That truck is in our driveway too, and it didnt cost 50k. One day, you will pull up to the wrong diesel.

like I said...........come get some.

Rastus
10-08-2006, 05:57 PM

And always his will be worth more, have more re-sale value, and handle a lot better. :confused:

Personally, I think going in a straight line is boring. Twisties make everything more interesting. :)

milehigh450r
10-08-2006, 08:54 PM
And I'm sure the SRT will make it past 350000 miles, yup, and tow 20k if I wanted, and make 1200 tq with a few grand not to mention run 12's, and seat 6, uh huh, and get 20 mpg.

If I wanted something do handle the turns well, I'd buy another CBR.

Hey Rastus, you dont know a thing about diesels and resale value. Go look on kbb.com, an 05 SRT-10 is worth a little over 39, and an 05 2500 laramie ram is worth over 36, and guess who paid more.

Rastus
10-08-2006, 09:42 PM
And I'm sure the SRT will make it past 350000 miles, yup, and tow 20k if I wanted, and make 1200 tq with a few grand not to mention run 12's, and seat 6, uh huh, and get 20 mpg.

If I wanted something do handle the turns well, I'd buy another CBR.

Hey Rastus, you dont know a thing about diesels and resale value. Go look on kbb.com, an 05 SRT-10 is worth a little over 39, and an 05 2500 laramie ram is worth over 36, and guess who paid more.

Yea, I'd like to see you reach 350K driving it like a race car with 1200 lb-ft of TQ and also towing. It ain't going to happen bud, sorry to tell you this. You're also not going to get 20MPG, not unless you turn it down and dog it around on the road.

I will give diesels some credit, they do come with a turbo, inter., etc. and will give some good numbers for pretty cheap. I just don't see them as a race vehicle, they're made for towing. How you feel about them is up to you.

The SRT-10 is in a niche or higher end market. Twenty years from now, there is no question to me that the SRT will be worth more than a largely abused ram diesel. What will be the better investment? You tell me.

You could also grow up alittle bit, you act like I pooped in your lunch bucket. I'm not trying to start trouble. :rolleyes:

firefighterjosh
10-08-2006, 09:49 PM

My bud truck you see in the vids will do that. If not better. He does the 1/8 in low 8s. at 92MPH. He got blown out of the water buy alot of trucks...YOu can get traction in 2wd. All you need a a set of good tires.

firefighterjosh
10-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Yea, I'd like to see you reach 350K driving it like a race car with 1200 lb-ft of TQ and also towing. It ain't going to happen bud, sorry to tell you this. You're also not going to get 20MPG, not unless you turn it down and dog it around on the road.

I will give diesels some credit, they do come with a turbo, inter., etc. and will give some good numbers for pretty cheap. I just don't see them as a race vehicle, they're made for towing. How you feel about them is up to you.

The SRT-10 is in a niche or higher end market. Twenty years from now, there is no question to me that the SRT will be worth more than a largely abused ram diesel. What will be the better investment? You tell me.

You could also grow up alittle bit, you act like I pooped in your lunch bucket. I'm not trying to start trouble. :rolleyes:

My buds Cummins Blew a Piston after 50k driving it like a race vehicle.:eek2:

milehigh450r
10-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Well, if you dont drive by the guages, you are askin for trouble. Our truck doesnt have 1200 tq, and probably wont, but it could, and the power is cheap next to a gas motor. 14.1 isnt very fast, but it was on lvl 4, building 2-3 psi, not a very aggressive launch. I know there are much faster trucks out there, you just pay to play.

My bad for jumpin all over your post Rastus, but I'm kinda getting sick of the stereotype of diesels as the slow trucks of way back when. That's why I get riled up when somebody has somethin bad to say about them.

firefighterjosh
10-08-2006, 10:21 PM
I don't think deisels are all that fast. My bud has about 10K into his engine and he only does low 8s in the 1/8 mile. I can put that much money into my 4.0 L ranger and beat him. You can buy a $600 chip and make a diesel decently fast but you need alot of money to consider a deisel FAST.

milehigh450r
10-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Well, the makin the power isnt that expensive, but getting the power to the ground is the backbreaker. Built trannies cost a ton, thats what sucks.

firefighterjosh
10-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Well, the makin the power isnt that expensive, but getting the power to the ground is the backbreaker. Built trannies cost a ton, thats what sucks.

Yup I guess thats wer 4k of his money went lol. New tranny and tourq converter, You can get your stock tranny gusseted for $600 but I would rather spend the money on a new one.

4punksdad
10-09-2006, 07:48 AM
when I need to tow or haul I don't need to use my srt-10. I have plan B in effect.

Plan B can also tow your broke down trucks to the shop for ya.

as for the diesel running 350,000 miles................who cares. The rest of the truck won't be worth a hoot after 150,000 miles.

Rastus
10-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Nice setup 4punks. One of those would be pretty cool to have, much easier than getting a trailer, hooking it up, and all that stuff. :cool:

4punksdad
10-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Nice setup 4punks. One of those would be pretty cool to have, much easier than getting a trailer, hooking it up, and all that stuff. :cool:

can be used as quad hauler too :o

Donkey1
10-10-2006, 05:47 AM
Give them Hell dirt