View Full Version : AR riders, come out to Briarpatch Raceway!

Rootar
09-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Everyone come out to Briar patch Raceway Oct. 1st. They will be racing year round EVERY other Sunday starting at 3pm. Its located about 10 minutes from Arkadelphia, Arkansas. the track has been around for a few months and is gaining support from corprate sponsers. but the problem is getting all teh riders there at the same time. Tony is working on what is turning out to be a very nice place to ride and race, and you dont need a decked out quad to be competitive out here so far 400exs have dominated every race. Tony said he'd love to see a yamaha out there on top, but a few of us regulars have a reply to that:devil: . right now they jsut opened up the XC track which is very fun, very fast with lots of lines and we need more riders to come and race, Throphys in the top 3 of every class are arwarded.

Please email Tony Hill @ briarpatchracing@hotmail.com
or call him at 870 245 3023

here is me coming out on the straightaway during practice from awhile back

Rootar
09-20-2006, 10:45 PM
guess i forgot to mention its a short/falttrack and then there is the xc, dont let the short part fool ya its fast, tight and very competitive what a good track should be

tat900
09-21-2006, 07:06 AM
if hes smart he will tryo to set up carts to run up the on his flat track

protraxrptr17
09-21-2006, 08:31 PM
You can count me in. We need more tracks around here. I'm not really into XC and TT, but if I can still run knobbies, I can handle it.

LuckyOxygen
09-21-2006, 09:13 PM
TT tires aren't required? Is this track always dry like in the pic? try to post a pic of the whole track. I'd like to try the LT-R out on this track.

We need more tracks...? There isnt one every where you turn around, but we have a couple....more would deffinately be nice though.

tat900
09-22-2006, 06:53 AM
zeb when you gonna let me rip around on that ktm

Rootar
09-22-2006, 12:36 PM
the track is usually dry it seems as tho reversed kendas work best, its does get hard if it rains ALOT but usally it pretty loose like in that picture, someone brought an LTR out there a few weeks ago and couldnt keep up with the regulars on the 400exs lol but yea everyone try and make it out Rain or shine we will race so bring an ez-up canopy or somthing if you dont have one you can park next to me. we will prolly have the enclosed trailer this time around,

here is a overview of the tt track the black is the start, the grey is the flat track, the brown is where is breaks of the tt into the woods, and then where it comes back out for the finish line

my gf will be at this next one so i will have better pictures if someone doesnt make it out to see for yourself, im the yellow x fromt he picture above

LuckyOxygen
09-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Where do you live exactly? Not tryin to be nosy, but j/w. I'm in Conway, so I have Greenbrier and Mayflower pretty close to me. I did find out about a pretty nice MX track in Ozark. http://www.sundancemotocross.com/ check it out....

Rootar
10-01-2006, 09:54 PM
here are some pictures from today for those of you that didnt make it ya really missed out, how about a %40 off discount for everyone that raced today to oneal for up to 5 items:p talk about cheap new gear or parts,

here is the start of the main of the TT

spencer (getting the jump), and me and bronson (running neck and neck)

Rootar
10-01-2006, 10:01 PM
at the corner before the last of the 1st lap i was making the pass on bronson and he accidentally side swiped me and over the top of the berm i went and ended up getting highcentered on it, well we started the second lap nascar style in a line because bronson and spencer pulled off after he wiped me out so into the 3rd lap i made this dive on the inside of bronson coming onto the straight

Rootar
10-01-2006, 10:05 PM
and sure enough he over did another corner and slid way to far (they tried to tell him to run those fast tekkers backwards) giving me the room to make the pass

Rootar
10-01-2006, 10:07 PM
after i got around bronson Spencer was gone, i made up a little time but he was still about a turn and a half ahead of me when we finsihed

Rootar
10-01-2006, 10:12 PM
whoops forgot the pic

me (2nd) spencer (1st) bronson (3rd)

Rootar
10-01-2006, 10:21 PM
btw if your thinking about coming dont worry you dont need anything special to run out here jsut your helmet and a good rider. there is always a holeshot gift bag full of stuff and then today the prize for teh main 1st place got a gift certificate for a complete biggun exhaust at only %60 of the retail plus everyone got the oneal certificate and poster, like i said before tony is doing a good job of getting free stuff and giveway stuff for teh holeshot and the winners.

pics jsut of the track for those that asked

the numbers are the curves in order

Rootar
10-01-2006, 10:25 PM
more..

protraxrptr17
10-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Man, I hate that I missed it. Maybe next time. Looks like ya'll had some fun.