PDA

View Full Version : 2004 sonata mpg????

Rider-trx_250ex
09-20-2006, 08:03 PM
we just bought a 2004 sonata with a dohc 2.7 liter v6 engine and it seems that our 4.0 liter v6 explorer gets better gas millage than the sonata. could there be something stopping us from getting the maximum mpg? i took a peek to see if the air filter was dirty but did not take the lid all the way off and it seemed fine. the car has power to it, could it just be the sonatas?, because it is driven the same way as the explorer.

09-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Rider-trx_250ex
we just bought a 2004 sonata with a dohc 2.7 liter v6 engine and it seems that our 4.0 liter v6 explorer gets better gas millage than the sonata. could there be something stopping us from getting the maximum mpg? i took a peek to see if the air filter was dirty but did not take the lid all the way off and it seemed fine. the car has power to it, could it just be the sonatas?, because it is driven the same way as the explorer.

Your sonota might have a smaller gas tank. I'll check it out.

09-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Your sonota might have a smaller gas tank. I'll check it out.

Sonota has a 17.2 gallon tank and the Explorer has a 17.5 gallon tank. How big of a difference is the miles on each vehicle?

The Explorer is said to get 15 mpg at it's worst, and 20 at it's best.

The Sonota is said to get 19 mpg at worst, and 27 at it's best.

Something must be screwy with your vehicles unless the miles aren't that big of a difference.

Rider-trx_250ex
09-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Sonota has a 17.2 gallon tank and the Explorer has a 17.5 gallon tank. How big of a difference is the miles on each vehicle?

The Explorer is said to get 15 mpg at it's worst, and 20 at it's best.

The Sonota is said to get 19 mpg at worst, and 27 at it's best.

Something must be screwy with your vehicles unless the miles aren't that big of a difference.

nvm, nothings wrong with them, it's only our third day of driving it and we thought we would get better mpg with a smaller v6, and we do, but not as much as we expected