PDA

View Full Version : how much faster?

bansheerider4
09-20-2006, 07:21 PM
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do

i was thinkin about getting those pistons maybe .30 or .40 over....but i was just wondering how fast that would make it go after i put those in?

and is that price to good to be true?seems like it to me but i dont really have a clue?:confused:

robjohn74
09-20-2006, 07:47 PM
link dont work... what mods do you have now...

Toadz400
09-20-2006, 11:16 PM
You won't notice much of a difference with that overbore. You'll notice more a difference once it's a stroker, drag pipes, big carbs running on alcohol, and some radical porting. That's when you start to notice some real power:p .

But seriously, a Banshee really wakes up to some nice pipes, carbs, and porting.

bansheerider4
09-21-2006, 01:01 PM
idont really wanna stroke it or anything or make it into a drag bike i just want it to go faster....how much does port and polishing usually cost and whats that exactly do?i just heard it makes it fast

250r4life
09-21-2006, 01:06 PM
dude... if youve got a stock banshee, put some pipes on it and a K&N, and leave it alone... maybe gear it down, but other than that, i wouldnt mess with porting and all that, especially if youre so new to atvs that you dont know what porting is...

so like i said... get some pipes and a filter, maintain your filter religously, change your tranny fluid periodically, and change your coolant ever year or so... you'll be straight and it will last a while...

mickey400ex
09-21-2006, 03:33 PM
i put pro circuits and a k&n filter pods on mine, those mods gave so many horses that im still side by side with my buddy on a 660 raptor and now i have maybe 1mph on him on top end, i was not impressed at all with pipes and pods:(

250r4life
09-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by mickey400ex
i put pro circuits and a k&n filter pods on mine, those mods gave so many horses that im still side by side with my buddy on a 660 raptor and now i have maybe 1mph on him on top end, i was not impressed at all with pipes and pods:(

part of your problem is you got pro circuit pipes...
a big part was i imagine your jetting isnt spot on...
another big part, is if youre not racing on sand, traction is going to play a huge role...

plus you always have to remember to adjust the wheelie sensor... :devil:

bansheerider4
09-21-2006, 07:09 PM
hahahahah "the wheelie sensor"that gets me every time!!!:D

mickey400ex
09-21-2006, 07:56 PM
i always race on pavement, i messed with the main jet, pilot and air screws, main jet is a 320, 25 pilot, and air screws 1 2/3 way out, im gonna try to do a plug chop this weekend and check it again

and for the wheelie sensor i adjusted my body 5 clicks forward to the skinny end on the seat for take off and i dumped 1/2 a gallon of water on each tire, that seems to be the best setup for a wide open throttle dump in 2nd gear

Toadz400
09-22-2006, 12:51 AM
I would just get a nice set of pipes (Pro Circuit are nice, Toomey's, FMF's), it all depends on where you want your power. I would also get a better filter setup like the Pro Design Pro-Flow intake. Make sure to pick up a good set of reeds and reed cages. As for porting I would only have it done if you know for sure what kind of riding you're going to be doing and exactly where you want your power to hit. A professional engine builder will be able to port your engine to compliment all your mods and for where you want the most power. Leave the porting for last, as it'll help in getting the most out of your engine. I would also suggest getting different carbs as the stock ones are a pain, especially with the TORS. I picked up a set of Keihin 30mm PWK's for $200, brand new. They are AWESOME carbs and it's so much easier to rejet now, plus the throttle response is so much better. The thumb throttle is also a lot less stiffer with those aftermarket carbs.

250r4life
09-22-2006, 01:08 AM
oh yah- i forgot i had carbs on mine... you can get carbs, but if not you still need to get the tors removed...

and a not for porting... dont just let any local mechanic hack on your cylinder... unfortunately if dont wrong, it can ruin your whole cylinder... when you come to that point, ask around a lot on here and go with a known mechanic that is known for good work. any local bike shop will tell you they can port well and will be glad to take your money, but dont be so anxious to get it done...

firefighterjosh
09-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Toomey T-6, Delta 2 Reeds, Vito Forged Pistons,
Rickey Stator Fly Wheel, Stator, Adjustible timing Plate, K & N Filter

That is a good set-up. I spent alot of time figuring out what all goes good together.

If you plan on doing some port work go with CPI pipes

Make sure your jetting is spot on. 2-strokes are very tempramental

Toadz400
09-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Toomey T-6, Delta 2 Reeds, Vito Forged Pistons,
Rickey Stator Fly Wheel, Stator, Adjustible timing Plate, K & N Filter

That is a good set-up. I spent alot of time figuring out what all goes good together.

If you plan on doing some port work go with CPI pipes

Make sure your jetting is spot on. 2-strokes are very tempramental

Two-strokes are VERY tempermental. Slight changes in temperature and elevation seem to require a rejetting.

I would only go with Toomey T-6's if you plan on keeping the rest of the quad stock. They even recommend on their website running the T-5's if you plan on adding other mods.