PDA

View Full Version : good morning america atv

killen them all
09-20-2006, 04:39 PM
good morning america is haveing a thing about why atvs are dangeres andshould be riden:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Quad18star
09-20-2006, 05:03 PM
That sucks ... they should really be spending more time doing shows on how schools should devote more time to grammar .:ermm:

tp300ex
09-20-2006, 05:07 PM
lmfao!!!!! that was great

HB416EX
09-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by killen them all
good morning america is haveing a thing about why atvs are dangeres andshould be riden:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

They are dangerous and SHOULD be ridden:confused: :confused: :confused:

ATV's are like guns its not the machine that causes the injury its the man operating it.

09-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Do you guys ever think that ATV's will be banned?

HB416EX
09-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
Do you guys ever think that ATV's will be banned?

No,never.

Xater
09-20-2006, 05:22 PM
I would probly shoot myself if they did....

flattrack440ex
09-20-2006, 05:38 PM
well when quads are outlawed (never will happen) only outlaws will ride quads! i think its about time that they accept that our sport is here to stay. i wish they would get some positive publicity. we all kno getting into this that it is dangerous but it is something that accepted with starting to ride

Phills450r
09-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Xater
I would probly shoot myself if they did....

same

Honda400exrox
09-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by killen them all

dude everything is dangerous, getting out of bed is dangerous, eating is dangerous, taking a shower is dangerous, riding in the car is dangerous, you being out in public without your helmet on is dangerous

mr.stinkyfinger
09-20-2006, 05:52 PM
here maybe these will make everyone feel safer.

EDITED BY MOFO: That company does NOT pay to advertise here!

mr.stinkyfinger
09-20-2006, 05:56 PM
here's a pic 115mph street leagle. What do you think?

09-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by mr.stinkyfinger
here's a pic 115mph street leagle. What do you think?

I'd ride it. :)

firefighterjosh
09-20-2006, 10:20 PM
I seen the comercials on that. Have you noticed only ppl who don;t ride them think they are the worst thing in the world? My grandma and grandpa both hated my quad. I finally got my grandpa to ride my quad and now they both own one.

I was listeinig to the bob and tom show and they were saying how bad they were...:mad: When does this episode come on? Or did it already?

09-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Quads are just as dangerous as motorcycles, yet no one argues about them :grr:

trick250r
09-21-2006, 07:26 AM
i really dont care about what people think of our sport... they can cut it down all they want. im here to stay. they can outlaw quads, but ill keep riding.

WhiteZrider
09-21-2006, 07:27 AM
I recorded it bc i have direct tv and such lol ill watch it when i get home from school.

Scro
09-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by MrMan

Yeah, but when was the last time you heard of anyone acting a fool on a motorcycle? They do it all the time, just like the small percentage of people that own a quad just to raise hell in someone's cotton patch. It's just that you don't hear about it for some reason. Quads get all the bad publicity, not the good.

Mxjunkie
09-21-2006, 08:12 AM
If you ask me, people make quad's look horrible because they are jelous, that's the case it was with my old neighbor's..

If a lot of the kid's starting out wouldn't ride on the roads, tear up their neighbors yard for fun and ruin a farmer's feild MAYBE people would treat us ATV'ers differn't... Tell then I dont think we have a chance in hell..

Also it would help if some of the idiot's out there actually wore a helmet because if you wreck without a helmet it's just another reason for them to try and put us down more.. Think people :scary:

09-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Quads aren't dangerous....its that parents are stupid.

They think quads are like bicycles.

:mad:

If you want to know how ATV legislation works and why the Honda Fourtrax 250R is no longer made, it was the CPSC that killed it in 1989.

And it did it thru junk science.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/j803715623271124/

Quad18star
09-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by garandman
Quads aren't dangerous....its that parents are stupid.

Maybe so , but how many of the deaths or injuries each year are inflicted upon adults ?? MANY !!!

How many people actually obey the " No Passenger" warning labels on the quads ?? Manufacturers put it on there cause of the risk , but hardly anyone ever follows it . I'm one of the guilty parties ... I have a quad seat on the back of my 4x4 ... I even have passenger footpegs ... but by laws , it's illegal to have 2 on the machine . Aftermarket parts manufacturers don't even follow the laws , they produce these extra seats and footpegs ... but they get away with it cuz they label them as a resting seat ... something you sit on and take a break when you stop somewhere .

How many CCs do quads have to actually be ?? When will the manufacturers say enough is enough . When do you honestly need 800cc ?? When you're in a tight trail , 250cc or 800cc is the same ... you're maybe only travelling 10 mph . They have to draw the line somewhere as to how big they're going to go .... and injuries , deaths and insurance companies are going to regulate that.

The exact same thing happened with snowmobiles in the late 80s and early 90s , when the sport was near it's peak . The manufacturers were going with the mentality that " Bigger is Better" . It didn't take long before kids were getting killed , adults were wrapping themselves around trees and more and more injuries /deaths were occuring . I'm sure you've heard the saying " Don't outrun your headlight" ... in the sled industry its a big problem ... and the same is happening with quads .

Better rider education is what's needed . It should be manditory for anyone purchasing an ATV to take a 1 day course , in my opinion .

450r51
09-21-2006, 09:42 AM
i know when my brother(nick110) and i were younger our parents forced us to take the atv safety course. i know we hated it and said we didnt need but ne bit helps. i mean look at us now were both decent racers, and my little bro is just flat out crazy.

imo as soon as u buy a quad the dealer or the law has to have u take a course before your even allowed that quad in your possession, unless you have already taken the course.

also i know when im at the track or riding around our property and the sled trails in the summer, if i come close to a house ill slow down to keep the noise down, pick up trash on the trails and what not mainly left behind by snowmobilers. and generally help clean up the trails if branches and trees fall down. i even had one land owner surprise me when i was cutting some branches up on his property to clear the way, he was very happy that i did that and said, as long as u stayon the trail you can ride.

hondaracer305
09-21-2006, 11:49 AM
but when u buy a crotch rocket, the chances of you getting into a bad accident goes up 34x than being in a passenger car..but quads are incredibly dangerous.. makes sense to me :rolleyes:

1fastR
09-21-2006, 12:04 PM
I watched the program this morning, it was only about 5 minutes long, it was a joke, some old lady taling about something she knows nothing about just reading of some stats they had dug up, they were mostly talking about under age kids on full size quads, like some one else said earlyer a couple poelpe give this sport a bad name and the rest suffer:grr:

bwamos
09-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by MrMan

I disagree.

Motorcycles are just as dangerous as quads for people who have common sense and a higher degree of riding skill.

A motorcycle requires some riding skill just to make it across the parking lot, and the 1st 100ft of trail without dumping it.

An ATV takes NO SKILL to ride. It takes more skill to ride it right.

The problem with ATV's are they can give an inexperienced rider a false sense of security. We know better.. but they do not. They can drive a car.. how could an atv be any different.......

Think about it. An average 4 year old can drive an ATV around the back yard. An average 4 year old can't ride a bicycle.

ATV requires less skill to ride. More skill to master.

zukirules
09-21-2006, 02:25 PM
that's bs, the only reason they're dangerous if people who don't know how to ride, go and show off, or if they're dumb@$$E$ and drink and drive them or smoke pot and drive them, the world needs to learn that they're not bad, dirtbikes aren't ever complained about, this makes no sense

09-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by bwamos

ATV requires less skill to ride. More skill to master. [/B]

That's a good summary.

ESPECIALLY to jump. Quads are more dangerous to jump if you don't know what you are doing.

Particularly in the fact they kinda tie up your feet in an endo.

Bailing is much more difficult on a quad....and then you have a four wheeled 400 lb beast with an attitude looking to smash you.

700bRad
09-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Riding a dirt bike is a piece of cake. The bike is only 200 pounds and if you get into trouble u can just bail and throw it down. A quad weighs 400 pounds and will flip end over end and chase u down a hill if u make a mistake. Also a quad is alot more rider posture involved. Alot more leaning and body english is required, dirt bikers just stick there foot out.

rmz250
09-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 700bRad
Also a quad is alot more rider posture involved. Alot more leaning and body english is required, dirt bikers just stick there foot out.

Yea just stick your foot out, its that easy. :rolleyes:

450r51
09-21-2006, 05:35 PM
its actually easier to corner on a quad then a dirtbike.:eek2:

mustang25
09-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Ive been a player of paintball for a while and this is kinda like what happened to paintball. A couple months ago a guy robbed a bank with a paintball mask and paintball gun. The next day on the news there was an article about how paintball should be banned.Man society is against things they dont understand!!! For example lets say a guy robbed a bank with a baseball cap and bat. The next day would there be an article about baseball being banned??? NO WAY? ithis is just a phase...it will pass..hopefully?!?!:(

MentalState
09-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Lets just hope no one does a drive by on a quad with a paintball gun............

09-21-2006, 09:16 PM
There's always something to complain about. Next time someone tells you quad riders are irresponible or are dangerous...Prove them wrong.

fofity
09-21-2006, 09:44 PM
fu**ing liberals those tree hugging, gay packing, prius driving bi**hes. this is all a plan by those anti-american, global warming believing qu&*rs what next make the bible illegal ( hugs bible). im entitled to this land i should be able to ride my quad on any field, stream, woods, or road fu*& those salmon or stupid flowers there is good riding land there. watchout those liberal sly machines are out in full force don't fall for those democraps lies they just want your vote this fall. in the words of our great president and i quote "If they get control of the House of Representatives, they'll raise your taxes. It'll hurt our economy. And that's why we're not going to let them get control of the House of Representatives" JEB BUSH 08 JEB BUSH 08!!!!!!!!

atvRiDa400ex
09-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by HB416EX
They are dangerous and SHOULD be ridden:confused: :confused: :confused:

ATV's are like guns its not the machine that causes the injury its the man operating it.

thats kind of like the dog killing that happens cuz dumb owners teach them to attack and kill

its not the dogs fault he has a bad owner...

Toadz400
09-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by fofity
fu**ing liberals those tree hugging, gay packing, prius driving bi**hes. this is all a plan by those anti-american, global warming believing qu&*rs what next make the bible illegal ( hugs bible). im entitled to this land i should be able to ride my quad on any field, stream, woods, or road fu*& those salmon or stupid flowers there is good riding land there. watchout those liberal sly machines are out in full force don't fall for those democraps lies they just want your vote this fall. in the words of our great president and i quote "If they get control of the House of Representatives, they'll raise your taxes. It'll hurt our economy. And that's why we're not going to let them get control of the House of Representatives" JEB BUSH 08 JEB BUSH 08!!!!!!!!

:huh Settle down there...I really hope you're not serious about your little rant there. How old are you by the way?

I could really see the bible being banned though, it's getting close to that point anyway...

WhiteZrider
09-22-2006, 07:00 AM
I just watched it because i recorded it lol this one kid must have been like 15 on a 90cc and his knees where by his head lol