PDA

View Full Version : Whats NEXT??? cam???

Stein2088
09-20-2006, 11:29 AM
ok i have an 01 400ex and love it, Full FMF exhaust with PB header and power core 4 Silencer. K&N Airfilter with prefilter she's jetted and i run turbo blue(115) (i run it more for the smell than the fact that i actually need it)

But what do i do now for more power??? im in coll and dont have enough money to bore it but i also dont want to loose my reliability so if anyone has any ideas on a relativly inexspensive power upgrade feel free to let me knw... Any help to keep the Z400's behinde me is greatly appreciated...

(a lot of people are saying cam it.... what brand would u choose???)

Thanks
Nick

stocktires
09-20-2006, 11:44 AM
416cc high compression piston and a cam would be my choice. If your low on cash, just save and wait. I wouldn't want to reccomend a cam, because I'm not an expert on the EX motor. You've got the usual pipe and filter bolt ons, now time to go inside!

bwamos
09-20-2006, 11:55 AM
If you don't want to bore it.. since you're running race fuel anyway.. get a high compression stock bore piston and appropriate cam.

A bore/hone to 416 won't cost much more really. It's the resleeves that get ya.

Toadz400
09-20-2006, 01:11 PM
You could stop running race gas and with the money that you'd save running pump gas you can buy the bore kit. Get the 11:1 416 kit and get yourself a nice aftermarket cam.