PDA

View Full Version : Bad trouble guys real bad.....

rookiex
09-01-2002, 02:49 PM
Hey last night we put on a new insolator boot on the carb...the one leading to the engin....We took the whole carb off and everything then put it back on started it up and took it to the car wash to get it washed for todays race ''which I went too'' Well it started great ran fine then we took it to the wash...came home set it up for the night.....today we came out to start it the thing wouldnt start....but we still loaded up and went to the race...we got there and did everything in our power the professionals mechanics helped even the pro riders they gave me parts to help we had about 15 16 pros helping with the quad they felt bad....we took every freakin electirical part off and tested it with the light thing the spark was low .... we worked on that thing for 7 hours ........ then we determined it was the stator.....Well I went to see if my buddy jay had one but he didnt....I hope its the stator it acts real funny I just dont see how the quad could be fine last night then set it up for the night then be bad today....we went to that race for nothing.....but one thing I did get out of it is I made alot of new friends...and met alot of new ppl.....but I just don't know if that stater is it......

rookiex
09-01-2002, 03:29 PM
Some one help plz

BadA$$440
09-01-2002, 04:24 PM
You got me stumped, does it want to turn over or does it not even do anything when you hit the start button. Is the gas on? j/k

rookiex
09-01-2002, 04:30 PM
It trys to turn over.....But its like the spark is low....we got a new coil at the track from a friend check the rev box and every wire in between the battery and the rev box....everything was fine....just a low spark then we tryed to jump it....no luck....I am vary confused....about it.....I mean just yesterday it ran like a dream....did'nt run it any time between...then as soon as I hit that start botton....nothing for 7 hours we tried and nothing....

kaneman23
09-01-2002, 04:55 PM
I have a similar problem right now. My will start and idle but wont rev. I would say it isn't revving past 5000RPM's right now. Then it kinda of sputters and cuts out. I am stumped because I have changed the plug, cleaned the filter, took the carb apart and put it back together and its still having problems. I am going to start trouble shooting electrical parts tomorrow.

batgeek
09-01-2002, 04:59 PM
:(

rookiex
09-01-2002, 08:11 PM
I just dunno what to do

rookiex
09-01-2002, 08:13 PM
I know there has to be somone out there that had the same problem or near to it....that might know how to fix it ya know??

AtvMxRider
09-01-2002, 08:18 PM
Your stator could have gotten wet when you washed it. I know I had a blaster I washed one day it would start but would not rev up at all and it was the stator was wet. try spraying wd-40 on it and you other eletrical connections. Hope this helps.

MIKE400EX
09-01-2002, 08:32 PM
Make sure the ground at the coil is good. It may be a separate wire or ground through the coil mount - not sure about the 300EX.

ESR250R
09-01-2002, 08:44 PM
this may sound stupid but when i had my old blaster i was riding it and suddenly it died and wouldnt start. my friend tried pulling me around on his 4X4 to start it but it didnt do anything. finally after i changed my plug, cleaned my carb, drained and refilled my gas i found out that it was the hose on the cap to the gas tank had got kinked and it wasnt allowing gas into my carb. just a thought.

rookiex
09-01-2002, 09:12 PM
I dunno guys its just a pain Ill try all these things its just a process of elimanation....the worst part is its the electrical wires there are so many of them

mxracer08
09-01-2002, 09:24 PM
i know it's off the subject, but how do you insert the little pic under ur name?

rookiex
09-01-2002, 09:30 PM
lol

09-02-2002, 03:03 AM
try draining your carb's bowl. if water gets in there it sometimes won't allow gas through the jets. and power washers shouldn't be sprayed at the motor and bearings.

tayz34
09-02-2002, 08:32 AM
have you tried to pull start it ??? tell us how it runs if at all when you do that. it could also be your magnito has gone bad or somthing like that.

rookiex
09-03-2002, 08:12 PM
Yea i think maybe it is a magnito

oynot400
09-03-2002, 08:23 PM
I went through this problem this summer. I went to the track and during practice it lost power and died coming off the track. I tried every electrical component and nothing helped. I was lucky enough to have the neighbor's 400 to swap parts. I swore it was the stator. I order and cancelled the stator 3 times, I didn't want to spend $200-300 for a part that I didn't need. I pulled the valve cover and the cam was slid to one side and out of time.
It would do the same thing that your discribeing. It would roll over, not real well and it looked like it had weak spark.
I don't know if that is your problem but it is one more place to look.
Hope this helps and good luck.......;)

rookiex
09-05-2002, 05:45 PM
What happens if its on time?? and we checked that how ever it was'nt checked near the cam could the cam be off a bit but still hold the time??

rookiex
09-05-2002, 05:46 PM
Its like a curse!!!!

Todd
09-05-2002, 07:23 PM
I had a blaster that sounds like the same problem . take your stator plate to a local shop and have them check it with an ohm meter it may be bad

phatswinn
09-05-2002, 07:42 PM
take the airbox off and spay gas into the carb while turning it over, it should atleast start then