PDA

View Full Version : Bombardier ATV line

400exchick
09-20-2006, 05:56 AM
Does anyone know why Bombardier switched their name to Can-Am for their Quad devision??

Is it a marketing strategy to get their ATV's noticed more and raise their sales?

Edit: Or have they been bought out?

Quad18star
09-20-2006, 06:40 AM
There's always shake ups happening over at Bombardier .

Over the last few years , they've tried to distance themselves away for having their name affiliated with the sport side of it all .

I'm sure you know that within the Bombardier company , there's different divisions ..... Bombardier Aerospace , Ski-Doo , Sea-Doo , etc . Can-Am was a previous division of the company many years back and they focused on motorcycles . I guess with recent stir within the company , it's better off that their ATV line take on a different name to help protect itself .

Investors are those that dictate what happens within a company . If you're investing your money into the airplane sector , and Bombardier has their name on the ATV line , part of that money has to be spent on that section . By splitting the company into different divisions , you have investors investing their money on certain areas .... you have different top guys running the divisions .

400exchick
09-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Yeah, that makes sense. I know they've had alot of drop in sales these past couple years and things are constantly changing for them. I was afraid they were starting to part out the company. That would be a shame.
Thanks Greg.

I know Bombardier has many divisions, they are one of my favorite company out there. I wouldn't get any other sled than Ski-Doo if it were up to me.

Honda#4
09-20-2006, 10:29 AM
I love Ski-Doo I have a MXZ 500,even though it's a small sled I still love it. BTW it's bone stock and I beat a piped MXZ440 with some motor work done.