PDA

View Full Version : does this jetting sound right?

rockabilly13
09-19-2006, 09:05 PM
05 trx450r Stock pipe with spark arrestor removed and airbox lid removed. I put a 175 main in. My dealer didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for the HRC needle. Is it different from stock? I've got two needles laying around that I found but I don't know what they came out of, they longer than the stock needle but I heard that you can use a CRF needle. Does any body have a pic or part number for the HRC needle? Also if I need to put the spark arrestor back in for woods riding do I also need to put the airbox lid on and stock jetting back in? I'm about 600-700 ft altitude.

ghott
09-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by rockabilly13
05 trx450r Stock pipe with spark arrestor removed and airbox lid removed. I put a 175 main in. My dealer didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for the HRC needle. Is it different from stock? I've got two needles laying around that I found but I don't know what they came out of, they longer than the stock needle but I heard that you can use a CRF needle. Does any body have a pic or part number for the HRC needle? Also if I need to put the spark arrestor back in for woods riding do I also need to put the airbox lid on and stock jetting back in? I'm about 600-700 ft altitude.

I believe the airbox lid removal will be the biggest "jetting" factor. With the airbox lid off, I would imagine you would need to be around a 175-185 Keihen factory jet.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures or a part number on the HRC Needle, but I know you can get one from www.wppracing.com if you need one. From what I've read, they are highly recommended over the stock needle for more accurate fuel delivery.

I would only run a spark arrestor if you are riding in a national forest....most national forests require spark arrestor use in their rules and regulations...or if you are woods riding in extremely dry conditions. Removing the peashooter spark arrestor from the stock exhaust shouldn't do much to change your jetting, but it may make your throttle response a little more "crisp."

I always run with mine in, just in case. I also do a lot of national forest riding, and I'm too lazy to be taking the sparky on the HMF in and out...haha.