PDA

View Full Version : Glamis dunes gearing...

kustomfab2003
09-19-2006, 08:14 PM
I have done a search and there are so many variables that I figured I would post my setup and you could help me from there.

2003 Lonestar framed TRX250R

CT 330 kit with ESR dome and head
TRX5 pipe and silencer
ESR Airbox eliminator with K&N filter and outer wear
98 CR250 ignition and power jet carb

14/38 gears and 20" ITP sandstar paddles.

I ride mostly wide open duning with a couple of Competition hill, hill shoots but I mostly go to ride the dunes and not race the hill.

I have a few different size fronts as well as rears so let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Josh

GLAMIS 14 October 2006 first ride scheduled.

250r4life
09-20-2006, 12:55 AM
i personally use my stock gearing on my 265... i run all my races in 4th gear wound all the way out... i actually had quite a bit of polishing done, so it that helps i may drop a tooth or two on the back to try to get a little speed up the hill... as long as 4th pulls real strong up the hill i would leave it alone, unless you have a desired affect...

hottrike
09-20-2006, 06:46 PM
So I rode along time on those bad boys and I would if I was you. Change the gearing in that fourwheller to the set up that trike had. You should be ably to pull 5th like its not even there with those small paddles. It should be rockin, but again thats if you haven't done anything since

250r4life
09-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by hottrike
So I rode along time on those bad boys and I would if I was you. Change the gearing in that fourwheller to the set up that trike had. You should be ably to pull 5th like its not even there with those small paddles. It should be rockin, but again thats if you haven't done anything since

what are you talking about? can you please try and make your posts coherent...

pull 5th up the hill huh? well possibly at olds cuz its pretty flat, but youre gunna be geared pretty low to pull it in 5th... pull 5th on flat ground- no problem... and just so you know trike man, the trxs are 6 gears and not five like the old 3 wheelers..

i dunno, i like duning a lot too, but also like racing the hill a lot... ive found that when i set up my gearing to where i pull the hill at the very top of 4th, im dang hard to beat, and its still good gearing for all around duning...

hottrike
09-20-2006, 11:33 PM
It really doesn't matter to me if you or anyone other then kustomfab can understand me. I traded the two motors that he has to him. So please dont be pushy when you have no idea whats going on. I know that the trx has six gears. I owned both an 88 trx and a 86 atc. But thanks for trying to help. IF you wanna run the hill and be competative then most likely your not gunna pull sixth hard on the flats. Not witht he work that i know of . . . .. . but again. Your choice josh