PDA

View Full Version : Missing some bolts

vzmain61
09-19-2006, 07:57 PM
I went on a short ride for about 2 hours when I first got my 06 yfz and it has been in my garage ever since. Last night we was taking the head lights and heal gaurds off when the guy notice I was missing 3 bolts on the stator side of my bike and was leaking a little oil. Has anybody ever had this happen?

jshtex
09-19-2006, 08:09 PM
I have a buddy with an 06 and he lost some there too. I think it must be fairly common.

By the way have you pulled the starter gear cover off and checked the two bolts under it? Thats a pretty common problem too. His were both loose, one was already backing out.

vzmain61
09-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Havent touched it. I called my bro and told him I would be dropping it off so they could wrench on it...I bought it and they can fix it. Im glad to know Im not the only one that this has happened to.

wht4fitty
09-21-2006, 07:29 PM
i have an 06 and i lost almost every bold on that side. i just ordered new 1's and put high temp loctite on em'

jones256
10-02-2006, 09:17 AM
i have an 06' and i honestly lost bolts left and right till i went over them all and havent lost one since...but did shear a nut off the rear hub....fixed that...raced yesterday and blew a seal out and now are leaking oil everywhere at my sprocket