PDA

View Full Version : PRP frame??

outacontrol
09-19-2006, 07:14 PM
does prp still have a business, my brother has a hybrid with a prp frame, and he is trying to find their website and no luck, anyone can help??

gimp419
09-20-2006, 08:20 AM
I don't know if he's got a web site or not, but PRP is still in business. I have a PRP hybrid and love it. Dave's number is (315) 942-5291 give him a call and I'm sure he'll answer any question you have.

vet_ltz
09-20-2006, 06:51 PM
When I bought my 04 CRF PRP the previous owner said that PRP is now HIKER . Is this true? I need a set of front motor mounts.

jason86PRP250r
09-24-2006, 09:15 PM
i have PRP's original prototype frame from when he started designing it in 2000. it's alot diferent from the rest of his trx250r frames he makes. mine has the 250r motor in it thats what it was made for. so i have Porter Race Products frame serail number 0001. lol

PRP is not HIKER like vet-ltz said. my friend make some of the custom parts the PRP sells. like the swingarms and subframes. hes HREATV or name Mike Hiecher :D

vet_ltz
09-25-2006, 04:14 PM
PRP is not HIKER like vet-ltz said. my friend make some of the custom parts the PRP sells. like the swingarms and subframes. hes HREATV or name Mike Hiecher :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Good info , thanks.

vet_ltz
02-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Can any of you PRP owners tell me what kind of a-arm, and swing arm bushings PRP uses?

I have an 04 PRP/CRF it has PRP a-rms and PRP swing arm on a PRP chasis.

I was told Tigor racing was the makers of the PRP frame. I have been waiting on a set of bushings since Jan 5th from these folks. I have called them three times. Every time I call them, I am given a date that my parts will ship.(but they never do)
I have sent them 2 emails. (with no reply)
I have contacted EXODUS cycles.(they gave me Tigor racing's number)
I have even tried to call Dave Porter.(no answer)
How can HREATV be reached. ( I done a search and couldnt find them)

Do 250r bushings fit in PRP arms and swinger? If not where can I find a REPUTABLE dealer for PRP ?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

jason86PRP250r
02-18-2007, 05:29 PM
prp swingarms use factory 250r swimgarm bearings. my buddy at HREatv makes his swingarms

for the swingarm just get a Pivot works kit and you'll be set.

on my 2000 prp 250r frame i have a hreatv swingarm i got mine from the source:D frame number one is holding up great.

jason86PRP250r
02-18-2007, 05:32 PM
heres a pictutre of my prp frame number one

vet_ltz
02-18-2007, 05:33 PM
SWEEEEET !

Do you have PRP a arms also?
If so, do they also use 250r bushings?

I can post a pic of my arms, to see if they look like yours.

Thanks Jason

jason86PRP250r
02-18-2007, 05:53 PM
actually they are factory 86 250r a arms that were lenghtened. i got them about 8 or so years ago from Burgards cycles back when he sold used parts. they came with a 250r he stripped.

the guy did a real good job they look there supposed to be that way and are holding up nice.

heres a picture of the yz front caliper swap i did on the rear.

vet_ltz
02-18-2007, 05:58 PM
I guess if your factory 250r a-arms fit the PRP frame , then the bushings shoud fit my PRP arms.:huh

I HOPE. :D

wishmasstir
02-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by vet_ltz
I guess if your factory 250r a-arms fit the PRP frame , then the bushings shoud fit my PRP arms.:huh

all 250r style a-arms should bolt up to the frame if stockers do. are you just looking for bushings? or do they have needle bearings and seals? if they are needle bearings theres probably a number on them somewhere that you could get matched. if they are just plain bushings measure the i.d. of the arm and go from there...

jason86PRP250r
02-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by vet_ltz

86 a arms have the real big bushings compared to the 87-89 models. they have the factory original bushings.

maybe just get some Leager or Burgards bushings for the a arms. if you know somebody with those style arms just try and see if the bushings look the same.

i think they all the same but not 100% shure.

vet_ltz
02-19-2007, 05:01 AM
I just need Bushings, The arms that I have dont appear to have overly large bushings, or bearings,

I was thinking about getting the ID/OD measurements, But, usually when you press the old ones out they get distorted. I am afraid I could not get a real accurate measurement.

I guess I need to find someone with a set of 250 r arms, to see if they are the same?

cough, cough, wishmaster:D

wishmasstir
02-19-2007, 05:26 AM
i'll mic the inside of my arms. i have a set with bushings and one with needle bearings so let me know what measurements you need. matt said he has a stocker layin around :devil:

vet_ltz
02-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Sounds good , thanks for the help folks.

As soon as it warms up enough to feel my fingures, I will pull my a-arm off and get a measurement.

deathman53
02-22-2007, 10:50 AM
I seen some of the stuff that hreatv makes, its nice stuff, he is building me a frame for my atc250r and he will be getting another frame w/ yz450f motor next. I didn't know he makes some of the parts for prp. Possibly an aliminuim airbox too.

vet_ltz
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I got my bushings today.

The OD measurent for the plastic or nylon bushings are .745.
The ID measurement for the sleeve is .400

I have still not recieved my motor mounts that were ordered on the same date.

Three phone calls, two emails, eightysix dollars, and a seven week wait, for bushings:eek2:

Thank goodness I was'nt in a huge hurry.