PDA

View Full Version : GMC box truck chevy 350 newer in it

1shooter
09-19-2006, 07:13 PM
I got a box truck gmc 3500 12ft bed Its a 1991 with about 190k on it.

new engine and transmission

Jasper motor with paperwork.

transmission has the sticker on it saying it was rebuild for GM

i would trade up.

Sucks gas down like a freaking freight train.

Small problems here and there.

Has a chevy 350 in it

I can get pics in a day or so.

It has some rust on it for sure. Its not a horrible looking truck.

The back end was taken apart from an old man that tried to help his son out by taking the old rusted metal off. He never got around to replacing it.

I did replace it and its strong just not as pretty as factory. A professional welder did all the welding he has about 30 years in welding. He is a pretty good welder.

Tires are not the best i have three full size spares. The rest of them should be replaced soon. I never really checked over the brakes but they always worked good for me.

I put a new autozone battery in it. So i should work for a couple of years. (really dont like autozone crap much though).

I have new spark plugs and a new airfilter for it. Needs a oil change. Runs abit rough the engine is newer but not the components. I had to change the egr valve as it rusted in half. The truck sat about 1 1/2 years being started occasionally. It has high millage but the two main components have been replaced with viable proof. I bought it off my brothers boss and i remeber when he did all the work. He paid $4000 or better for the motor about 3 years ago and put about 25,000 on it since then. The transmission might have 50,000 maybe 60,000 on it. It was about a year or two older than the engine. It never had a tune up since i bought it ealier this summer and i made two trips in it about 2 hours away each time both ways. It acted pretty good.

I bought it haul quads around in.

I suppose i am just gong to use my pick up.

You can do about anything in these things.

I am open to offers trades (no wifes i got one) willing to hear about anything..