PDA

View Full Version : how do it get it out!!!!

kicken250x
09-01-2002, 12:08 PM
my swing arm povit(sp?) bole it stuck on my 250x how do i get it out?

09-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Load it down with your favorite lubricant, ie WD-40, Zep 2000, Liquid Wrench, etc. and let it sit for a while, then try softly tapping it out with a rubber mallet and a piece of wood. If that doesn't work, get another nut of the same size, and if you don't mind tapping on your sockets put the socket on the nut, and tap it out with a ball pein hammer. Hopefully that works, just be careful not to mess up the threads.

kicken250x
09-01-2002, 03:48 PM
i loaded it down with WD and beat the chit out of it with a hammer on a peice of wood. it was one of those 22 oz bead things and it didnt hardly budge we tryed to push it swing arm up andpull it back push it from side to side and still nothing happend any more suggestons

Leo
09-01-2002, 10:02 PM
if it's lilke the 400 and you can see the spacers between the swignarm and motor, grap 'em with a pair of vice grips then turn the bolt back and forth with a wrench...

9 times out of 10 the spacers are corroded to the pivot bolt, and that's what binds everything up when your trying to get it out..

if you can get the bolt spinning in the spacers you should be good to go...

Leo

RideRed400EX
09-02-2002, 02:14 PM
I had the same problem last week. First see if you can get the bolt to spin. If yes, then continue to spin the bolt while someone taps the other side with a hammer. Continue to do this until the bolt is free.

It's may seem hopeless but it will eventually break free. In my case the pivot bolt was bent.

kicken250x
09-03-2002, 04:08 PM
i think ill try what ride red said because the bolt will spin it just wont move back out of the swing arm. its almost like it has some sort of a circlip on it or something but i know it dont unless im missing something here...???