PDA

View Full Version : test pic

Pappy
09-01-2002, 11:43 AM

Pappy
09-01-2002, 11:45 AM

kicken250x
09-01-2002, 11:49 AM
looks good i just think is would put a little bigger flake in it or prizim or w/e u call it

Pappy
09-01-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
looks good i just think is would put a little bigger flake in it or prizim or w/e u call it

this color requires no prizm...its shimmering candy blue. it has its own type of sparkles but they arent showing on film....no sun shine here today:(

kicken250x
09-01-2002, 12:32 PM
oh kool...not uch sun here for the past wekk all rain... we need it tho...

eldoexrider01
09-02-2002, 01:09 AM
if ya wanna do some praticin ill send ya mine stuff. :D ill even pay or shippin!!!

EvilJester400EX
09-02-2002, 03:34 PM
lookin' good so far kenny... when you gonna start doin' the bigger stuff? lol, yeah, not much sun here either, just lots of rain :(

racerx573
09-02-2002, 04:56 PM
I like that color!! Does it come any darker?

Pappy
09-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
lookin' good so far kenny... when you gonna start doin' the bigger stuff? lol, yeah, not much sun here either, just lots of rain :(

i will be honest..doing frames is a big task and i am not confident enough to do them for others at this time. i will be doing a few frames in the coming weeks and after that i may start for others.

i have done every small part on mine...lol and my subframe rocks!! so i will keep ya'll informed..thx

Castor-426ex
09-02-2002, 08:06 PM
yeah im going to test myself on like some ragged bicycle frames before i tackle the ******* task of doin a 400 frame...youll see soon

CBRSLIDER
09-02-2002, 08:07 PM
Ken,
Looking good. How much powder do you use on a part like your subframe? 1/2 pound? Couple ounces? I was looking into the Hot Coat kit. But to be honest, I have no clue what powder coating involves. Are you useing the wife's oven or do you use an old one?

Thanks
Ray

Pappy
09-02-2002, 08:44 PM
haha..no the wife wont let me use her oven:D

i have a household oven in the garage that i use for small peices and control/test pieces.....i designed and built a medium oven 3 ft x 3 ft square. it does nerfs, subframes, fenders and tanks for street bikes, control arms for cars..etc.

the whole shipping of a frame deters most people from doing there frame and thats understandable. i have done every piece off of a quad so far except the frame...and both customers had thier frames done locally....one in black and the other in red. they couldnt pay the shipping required so i did all the small pieces for them in non- standard colors. i have yet to see the quads completed but maybe soon. i would love to stay small....and specialize. as far as powder consumption..or usage....it depends on the piece....colors......clearcoat....etc. some use very little..others it seems a ton.

im sorry if i made this process seem easy but it isnt. the fun of seeing the finished piece is the best part. the hours of prep work are not...lol

Pappy
09-02-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
yeah im going to test myself on like some ragged bicycle frames before i tackle the ******* task of doin a 400 frame...youll see soon

haha..exactly castor..practice makes perfect. there are several people on this site and others that do pc...several.

this piece in the pic was a set of bars from my sons xr70 that got tweaked ...so it doesnt matter what you use..just keep practicing