PDA

View Full Version : temporary 250X seizing !??

250X_project
09-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi, I have a 250X (300ex w/ kick start). When i ride it for a while it will suddenly loose ALL power , heat up (some smoke directly from engine) and lock up...but then will emideately restart. machine has new top end but this had occured before the rebuild. main bearings on crank, or is it occuring in top end (also has small tick, which i belive is tensioner)? I've never seen anything like it. Insight would be greatly appriciated!

Keep in mind machine is well oiled.

I have since took the head cover off engine and found, the cam has been murdered. It has exesive wear in under 3hrs of run time, what would cause this, oil line seems to have full flow.... PLEASE HELP !!! WRITE ANYTHING !!!!

byrdman37876
09-20-2006, 07:24 PM
sounds like your valve's were not adjusted right. the builder might have over tightend them and ruined your cam with excesses wear on it.

byrdman37876
09-20-2006, 07:25 PM
also check your push rods. they may be bent also

250X_project
09-21-2006, 06:35 AM
hey thanks for the help, I didn't think anyone was out there. What I have since found is the cylinder was starved for oil. My brand new piston and bore are ruined in under 3hrs.. but the pump seems to be working, you think it could have a blockage in the case?

thanks again

byrdman37876
09-21-2006, 01:59 PM
I WOULD REPLACE THE PUMP ANYWAY JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE IF U PLAN ON BUILDING IT AGAIN. TAKE THE OIL LINE OFF ALSO AND BLOW IT OUT WITH AN AIR HOSE. CHECK FOR METAL SHAVINGS TO SINCE THE BOTTOM OF THE CASE WILL PROBLY HAVE SOME FROM THE ENGINE WEARING THAT QUICK.

250X_project
09-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah there is metal through out the entire engine. She will need cleaning and a little work...thanks again