PDA

View Full Version : banshee trans fluid leak

smey79
09-19-2006, 02:08 PM
I have a 98 yamaha banshee, the trans fluid is coming out of the trans vent tube on the right side by the brake, it seems to only do it when I go up hills, I obviously have pressure building up from somewhere, I am unsure where, if it is the engine pressurizing it, if there is a seal leaking, which one, I don't know how to go about the repair,
Thanks scott

xxnightraven73x
09-19-2006, 08:30 PM
well ive worked on a few shee's and so far every time they were leaking around the shifter.its like a two dollar seal but a huge headache if you dont know to look for it take a look and see if its leaking there it'll be really wet if thats it.if not let me know

firefighterjosh
09-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by smey79
I have a 98 yamaha banshee, the trans fluid is coming out of the trans vent tube on the right side by the brake, it seems to only do it when I go up hills, ,
Thanks scott

Sounds like you don't have your vent tubes connected correctly. ALso make sure you do not have any of them pinched.

NUmber
6 Breather
7 Hose
8 Bush, Formed
9 Hose
10 Hose
11 Way
12 Clip
13 Clip
14 Clip
Is what you want to look at

http://www.powerpartsplus.com/pages/parts/home.aspx

smey79
09-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by xxnightraven73x
well ive worked on a few shee's and so far every time they were leaking around the shifter.its like a two dollar seal but a huge headache if you dont know to look for it take a look and see if its leaking there it'll be really wet if thats it.if not let me know

The fluid is coming out of the vent hose that goes up by the gas tank and comes out by the case abouve the brake.
Thanks Scott

smey79
09-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Sounds like you don't have your vent tubes connected correctly. ALso make sure you do not have any of them pinched.

NUmber
6 Breather
7 Hose
8 Bush, Formed
9 Hose
10 Hose
11 Way
12 Clip
13 Clip
14 Clip
Is what you want to look at

http://www.powerpartsplus.com/pages/parts/home.aspx

thanks for the diagram, the hose hase never been removed, Why would apinched vent cause it to leak, like its ceating a vacuum or something, it comes out pretty fast, like its siphoning out, or there is pressure pushing it out

bradley300
09-20-2006, 08:51 AM
is it possible you just overfilled the tranny last time you changed the oil? i did that to my blaster, and it spewed oil until i drained it down to where it needed to be

firefighterjosh
09-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by smey79
thanks for the diagram, the hose hase never been removed, Why would apinched vent cause it to leak, like its ceating a vacuum or something, it comes out pretty fast, like its siphoning out, or there is pressure pushing it out

My budd pinched one between the frame and it must have caused pressure in the case and oil started coming out another vent tube:confused: Its hard to explain but he unpinched the line and it stopped leaking.