PDA

View Full Version : Help with Predator 90 issues.

1BadRubicon
09-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey Guys,

Hoping you guys can help with a few problems we're having with my sons Predator 90. Here it goes:

1. We ran the first tank of fuel through it and it didn't use any oil out of the reservior indicating that it needs to be re-primed. How do you prime the oil injection system?

2. The only way to keep the thing running is to keep the choke on. Does that indicate a bad plug? If so it would answer my third question.

3. The 90 has all the power it need on flat ground, but in the woods it has no power at take-off, or when trying to climb small hills, it just bogs. Seems like either it doesn't have the power to go (maybe a bad plug) or that the trans needs to be adjusted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm not going back to the dealer we got it from, and I'd like to see if I can fix it before getting whacked over the head by someone :rolleyes:

Thanks, Guys

P.S. What's a good reccomendation for a plug and what gap?

bear dad
09-24-2006, 09:42 PM
1BadRubicon I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMAS WITH MY SONS PRED. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT IF THE OIL WASENT BEING INJECTED THE ENGINE WOULD CRAP OUT IN 10 TO 15 SECONDS SO IT MUST BE WORKING. I HAVE SEEN THAT SOME TIMES IT SEEMS THAT THE OIL LEVAL HASENT CHANGED AND SOMETIMES IT SEEMES TO GULP IT DOWN. THE POWER PROBLEM TAKEING OFF OR LACK OF, I HAVE NO IDEA, SOMETIMES IT WILL SPIN THE TIRES AND SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO PUSH IT TO GET IT GOING TOP END SPEED ALWAYS SEAMS TO BE GREAT, IF YOU DO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON COULD YOU POST IT SO PEOPLE LIKE ME CAN HAVE A CLUE WHEN OUR KIDS OUR PISSED THAT IT WONT WORK.

BradLoomis
09-25-2006, 01:48 PM
My suggestion is to remove the oil tank and plug the little hose at the back of the carb that is the oil injection, and pre-mix your fuel. Just doing this will simplify these little machines so much.

The problem taking off is usually caused on a stock bike by the spring not returning the cvt back to its starting position. If the throttle is slowly let off the rear drive can actually not pull the belt all the way out of the rear drive sheeve. If you just snap the throttle quickly it will usually fix the take of issue for you. It is like starting out in 2nd or 3rd and the motor has a hard time make up the power loss.

1BadRubicon
03-14-2007, 05:56 PM
I have changed the plug several times at this point and still have to run full choke to keep her going.

Does the carb need adjustment?

I'm sure running it with the choke on is contributing to the lack of bottom end power, but it just stalls if the choke is turned off.

What to do:confused:

cbebuck
03-14-2007, 06:13 PM
or if the oil wasn't pumping you may be lucky enough to have a stuck ring or some minor piston or cylinder damage???????????
have you checked the comp.???

1BadRubicon
03-14-2007, 06:41 PM
I've been mixing the gas from the get go, so that wouldn't be an issue.

ALEXANDERJASON
03-17-2007, 11:36 PM
ARE YOU MIXING THE GAS AND USING THE OIL INJECTOR SYSTEM?? IF SO, YOU ARE RUNNING WAY TOO RICH AND THAT COULD BE THE CAUSE OF YOUR POWER LOSS AND HAVING TO USE THE CHOKE.

IT TAKES ABOUT THREE FULL TANKS OF GAS TO RUN YOUR OIL TANK DOWN TO KICK THE LIGHT ON FOR LOW OIL, SO IT MAY SEEM THAT THE OIL LEVEL IS NOT MOVING.