PDA

View Full Version : UPS SHipping Horror Story...cont

firefighterjosh
09-19-2006, 03:39 AM
UPS called me back about me banshee engine and they LOST IT!!! for goood!!! I lost $200 dollars on it. I am still fighting with them thought trying to make them find it.

250ex13
09-19-2006, 04:21 AM
Sucks....I dont understand how they can lose a 20-30 pound engine:confused:

firefighterjosh
09-19-2006, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by 250ex13
Sucks....I dont understand how they can lose a 20-30 pound engine:confused:

It was accually 80lbs:eek2:

Aceman
09-19-2006, 07:08 AM
Doesn't UPS' insurance cover that?

muff
09-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
Doesn't UPS' insurance cover that?

They only cover the first $100, anything after that you need to pay to insure and most people don't bother...

mxdave28
09-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by muff
They only cover the first $100, anything after that you need to pay to insure and most people don't bother...

true however, the actual amount of money it costs to add more insurance is so pathetically small it would be silly not to add more.

sorry for your loss im still amazed that somebody can just lose a motor :(

insaneracin2003
09-19-2006, 08:52 AM
shiot josh,i am sorry to hear that,pm me the tracking # and i will have my sales rep try and help......

400exrider707
09-19-2006, 09:04 AM
It's not lost forever. Its sitting somewhere. How the F do you just lose an engine???

MR.BIG
09-19-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm sure its not lost its sitting in one of there employees garage.:grr:

Quad18star
09-19-2006, 09:15 AM
It'll turn up 10 years from now , with a bunch of little stickers and stamps showing that it's been around the world a few times .

Sorry to hear about your luck .

insaneracin2003
09-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
It'll turn up 10 years from now , with a bunch of little stickers and stamps showing that it's been around the world a few times .

Sorry to hear about your luck .
LOL,shoot Greg,it might show it face in Canada. where ever it goes or ends up,it will be colorful. :scary:

09-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
UPS called me back about me banshee engine and they LOST IT!!! for goood!!! I lost $200 dollars on it. I am still fighting with them thought trying to make them find it.

For me i sold my motor for $380 and then shipped my motor out and costed $65 and it was 110lbs. For a couple dolars i now will get $700 if it gets lost which i dont see how ups can loose a big heavy box. :rolleyes:

If you look up the tracking # whats it say?

I been having touble getting my mail cause the mail man keeps giving people other peoples mail. O well at least i get the neighbors dirtwheelsmag sometimes now:D .

700bRad
09-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Haha I work at UPS and I can honestly say the people that unload the semi trucks cannot be trusted. I guarantee your motor got dropped at least 3 or 4 times. The package probably got spit on by somebody with a cheek full of snuff (happens all the time) and rolled through somebodys puke (I see puke in the semi trailers.... alot.) I bet the driver delivered it to the wrong stop, or they forgot to take it off the trailer to get thrown in the circulation. Just a question what type of container did you ship your motor in? cardboard? styrofoam? IF it was cardboard and the package wasnt sealed good it probably came open and got mixed up with other open packages there. Do no ship fragile items through UPS. Trust me "this side up" arrows and "Fragile handle with care" messages do not mean a thing there.

700bRad
09-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Josh pm me your tracking number. I work at UPS in Northen Indiana and just might beable to help locate your package. Ill have our district manager check it out.

09-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by 700bRad
Haha I work at UPS and I can honestly say the people that unload the semi trucks cannot be trusted. I guarantee your motor got dropped at least 3 or 4 times. The package probably got spit on by somebody with a cheek full of snuff (happens all the time) and rolled through somebodys puke (I see puke in the semi trailers.... alot.) I bet the driver delivered it to the wrong stop, or they forgot to take it off the trailer to get thrown in the circulation. Just a question what type of container did you ship your motor in? cardboard? styrofoam? IF it was cardboard and the package wasnt sealed good it probably came open and got mixed up with other open packages there. Do no ship fragile items through UPS. Trust me "this side up" arrows and "Fragile handle with care" messages do not mean a thing there.

Yeah i know a person that works for em and the dont even cair if something breaks. I was toled that they some times roll big boxes like motors. So the latty packed my motor extra good with to big thivk boxes around it about 1-2 inches thick and used 10 lbs of packing.:eek2: I kind of want my motor to get lost so i get $700. Then i would just have the people that baught the motor cancle their m/o so they dont loose any money and i get $700:D

700bRad
09-19-2006, 10:42 AM
All the boxes shipped come down this long slide, and if they jump the lip your screwed. A 3 to 4 foot fall for a 100 pound box is a long way. That is how most of our packages get opened or the item inside broken.

09-19-2006, 10:46 AM
All the boxes shipped come down this long slide, and if they jump the lip your screwed. A 3 to 4 foot fall for a 100 pound box is a long way. That is how most of our packages get opened or the item inside broken.

Dont any people ever pack their own boxes and then give them to ups? Cause if their's enough packing nothing should get broke except maybe the boxes even if its a motor.

700bRad
09-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Sadly more then half the boxes that go through the system are poorly packaged. About 1/4 of all the packages get opened from either being poorly packaged or poorly handled. If you plan on shipping a motor through UPS use a cooler, and pack it tight with news paper, lots and lots of duct tape, and make sure there is a smooth spot to put a shipping label. Most of the unloaders think "If the sender doesnt care enough about the contents of a package by not properly packing it, then I dont either"

insaneracin2003
09-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Most of the unloaders think "If the sender doesnt care enough about the contents of a package by not properly packing it, then I dont either"
^^ yeah,go UPS:rolleyes:

09-19-2006, 11:05 AM
"If the sender doesnt care enough about the contents of a package by not properly packing it, then I dont either"

When i ship big stuff out i have the person put a thing on it saying this side up and fragial. I have a boat comp ship and pack my stuff and they ship it out.

700bRad
09-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Sadly this is the way UPS is sometimes. It is a very stressfull place to work for the unloaders and splitters. They just want to get the packages on the belt and get the heck out of there. Most of the time they dont pay any attention to this side up or fragile stickers. And if you ship big stuff dont put it in a cardboard box. No matter how much tape u put on it, it probably wont hold. They stack the boxes from the floor up and alot of times they put heavier boxes on the light things and crush them. Today I encountered a package that was opened and full of silly string, couple guys had some fun with it and the receiver of that package will use all of his silly string cans and find that 2 are empty haha. I encountered another package that had a car windshield in it, and was shattered to pieces. These things happen. And everytime they do, we say "wow this is gonna be one pissed off person when they open up there package"

Toadz400
09-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Well, I definately know I won't be shipping UPS ever again.:ermm: Those people should lose their jobs if they don't care at all about what they're doing. Or is it the supervisors too that don't care?

honda350r
09-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Over the years I have had tens of thousands of packages shipped and sent UPS and can't even think of one mishap other than me putting the wrong address on and maybe not getting a next day air once or twice..

Guess I am lucky

insaneracin2003
09-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Well, I definately know I won't be shipping UPS ever again.:ermm: Those people should lose their jobs if they don't care at all about what they're doing. Or is it the supervisors too that don't care?
my thoughts exactly:ermm:

c450Razy
09-19-2006, 02:23 PM
a good way to ship your motor is to put it in a big cooler. and wrap it a cople times in duct tape. that way if the do drop it it keeps it safe. thats what i did when i sent mine out

Aceman
09-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Nothing against you 700brad, but all the kids that work at the distribution here look like white trash high school flunkies. Here's an example of their stupidity.

Little story: The UPS delivery trucks back up to a long narrow building with dock doors on both sides. There is a conveyor that runs down the middle into the main building where they get sorted, etc. The UPS unloaders took the boxes that were labeled as computers and were putting them on the floor under the conveyor instead of on it. As soon as they had several computer boxes under this conveyor, they would wait for there supervisor to walk off somewhere, then they'd call one of their buddies around with a pickup truck and throw all these computer boxes into the truck through a back door. Obviously, people started calling and complaining about missing packages and in the end 8 people were fired.:rolleyes: Obviously UPS tracks these packages, I mean how long did these idiots think they could get away with it?

firefighterjosh
09-19-2006, 07:31 PM
trust me this thing was package well.

I put it in one of those Wal-mart rubermaid containers. Then I wraped the engine in trash bags. Then I sprayed that expanding foam in the container. Then I put the engine into the container. Then I sprayed more foam into the container. Trust me It was staying put. It was hard as a rock when i shipped it.

Mxjunkie
09-19-2006, 07:47 PM
wow banshee motors are 80 pounds :eek2:

firefighterjosh
09-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
wow banshee motors are 80 pounds :eek2:

lol yup a little over 80. Prally added 10lbs with all the foam and container though

Mxjunkie
09-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Jesus.. no wonder my hand was tingly for a day or two when I dropped my motor on my hand putting it in my banshee :o :p

firefighterjosh
09-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Jesus.. no wonder my hand was tingly for a day or two when I dropped my motor on my hand putting it in my banshee :o :p

Yup I did that putting the damn thing in the crate to ship it lol

MAaudioX10
09-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Exactly why I never use UPS. They are by far the most expensive company and you get the less amount of service.

I ship everything USPS. Cost me $8 to ship a carb 2 day priority. UPS wanted $35. If I have a large box that need shipped, it goes to FEDEX.

I know what Brown can do for me......they can get bent!

09-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Yup I did that putting the damn thing in the crate to ship it lol

I was sliding my motor off my nerf bar not thinking it was (90-100lbs). Well as i was pulling it i had 1 hand under it. Wel once it got so far off the nerf bar it just dropped and got my hand under it right on a ruff concreat floor. One nuckle got a good cutt.At first it had almost no pain but after a little while i felt it and it hurt. Then just packing my motor up i moved it with my hands a little. Well my rist is swelled up from 3 weeks ago and it sweld up more from just moving the motor a little a couple days ago..