PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake Trip had to come to a End

firefighterjosh
09-18-2006, 10:13 PM
The Dune trip last weekend was a blast. But we had some ups and downs.

Our rigs?
2001 Red Dodge Cummins with stacks with 4 quads and a dirtbike.
2006 maroon Explorer with 3 quads.

Friday we were suppose to leave at 7pm. around 6:30 the ppl that were meeting us said that the trailer needed some wiring done and that they found a crack in the swingarm of the Z400 and needed welded. So they do there thing. We were taking a Razz with us and we were driving it around waiting for the ppl to meet us. Well then we broke the Razz. Rear wheel locked up. Around 9pm we leave for are 4 - 5 hour journey. About 1 hour into it, in a little town of shipshiwana In doug decide to hang out the sunroof and show the rig behind us his boobs. Then there was a cop sitting at the same intersection. We were pulled over and the officer gave doug a written warning. The cop was cool though and called doug a dip**** We arrived at Silver lake at about 1:30ish. Had a couple brews and went to bed.

Saturday: wake up at 7am hit the yummy resturant and head to the dunes. Nothing to crazy this day just the same ole thing of riding and jumping. I seen a hot chick at little office counter and she had a huge chew in lol. After the day of riding we have a few more brews and rode some go -carts. Which we go kicked out off and so we went looking for some parties. None were found so we went and played some poker.

Sunday: We went out took some pics jump some bigger jumps. My bud snapped a Swingarm on his Z. We finally got my friend to take out his Cummins. I raced a few time. Accualyl beat some 450s in the drags lol. I was suprised. I was 2 hours late going to work sunday night. O well I dislike my job anyways.

Sorry for the long post, just thought I would share the Vacation

pit/wood
09-19-2006, 11:23 AM
I saw your crew sunday,I was the guy ridin with one arm on the yellow 400ex checkin out the broken swingarm.

firefighterjosh
09-19-2006, 08:09 PM
I think I saw you not sure. I saw a couple ppl riding with 1 arm. I guy passed me on a red 400ex with 1 arm and I was like OMG he is FAST!

What was your rig? Did you say something to us? We talked to alot of plp that day lol

kcalexan83
09-26-2006, 06:19 AM
Hey josh thought i would try to share a pic of Carlos's broken swing arm. I dont know if im doin this right but oh well. Despite the delays and all I still had a blast. Can't wait for the spring trip to roll around. The guy on the red ex was petey that was drivin around in the truck with a keg as a gas tank. He is definately crazy.

kcalexan83
09-26-2006, 06:22 AM
After we ahuled the z back i should have put his 18's on my quad to try them out. The 400 almost didn't have enough power to climb the hills with 20's.

jrodulery
09-26-2006, 07:34 AM
How big of jumps are we talking about? We are planning on coming in two weeks. Do they check db levels before you enter and how do you get a Michigan tag to ride in the dunes?

firefighterjosh
09-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by jrodulery
How big of jumps are we talking about? We are planning on coming in two weeks. Do they check db levels before you enter and how do you get a Michigan tag to ride in the dunes?

You will need a sparl arrestor but they never check for the DB

pit/wood
09-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by kcalexan83
After we ahuled the z back i should have put his 18's on my quad to try them out. The 400 almost didn't have enough power to climb the hills with 20's.

Have you tried shavin your paddles?
Most paddles dont allow any wheel spin,wheel spin is a good thing.

we will be campin out all weekend this friday. I should see you folks there.I will make it a point to say hello.

firefighterjosh
09-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by kcalexan83

If you ever want to go extreme try getting a 416 kit. Mine made a huge diffrence. I could ussually get 5th gear on the straits. Now for jumping some big hills I ussually could only get 3rd gear pinned

buildingup
09-27-2006, 05:20 AM
should do 4th or 5th gear pinned..lot more fun...gets interesting at times to

Raptor68
09-27-2006, 08:28 AM
They have checked my brother for dB levels once when we were there. He has the HMF Bill Ballance full system and I think measured 97 dB and he had to put his quiet core in.

Live to ride
09-27-2006, 06:10 PM
requirement are 94 db but for some reasdon they say that you can ride with a level of under 98 i have been checked twice on two different quad 400 ex full fmf powercore 4 97db and warrior full fmf mega max 2 94db they will ask if you have orvs or not and the can give you some and on weekends you have to get a voucher

firefighterjosh
09-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Last year when I went they check my buddies and it was 98 and they asked if he ever been there before. he said "No" so they let him pass and said next time it better be quite.

kcalexan83
09-28-2006, 05:28 AM
Well the paddles were borrowed so i cant try shavin them. I will juct live with it unless I buy my own set of paddles then I will just try to find some 18 inch paddles.

firefighterjosh
09-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by buildingup
should do 4th or 5th gear pinned..lot more fun...gets interesting at times to

My 400 couldn't always pull 4th or 5th going up the hills we were jumping:scary:

buildingup
09-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
My 400 couldn't always pull 4th or 5th going up the hills we were jumping:scary:

kinda better that you don't..this is what happened to me one day it was prolly my 20 something time i jumped but those guys just started filming...i was doing tricks earlier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnLGZ7kYezg
crash happened when i was riding my DS 650
on my 440ex i can pull 4th but 5th is pretty hard

firefighterjosh
09-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by buildingup
kinda better that you don't..this is what happened to me one day it was prolly my 20 something time i jumped but those guys just started filming...i was doing tricks earlier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnLGZ7kYezg
crash happened when i was riding my DS 650
on my 440ex i can pull 4th but 5th is pretty hard

I can hit 5th on the straits but going up hills ussually 3rd

Nice jump lol. Good thing sand is soft:cool:

buildingup
09-29-2006, 01:29 PM
still hurt the twins though...that jump where i wipped out was 5th gear coasting at the top

rooster300ex
10-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by pit/wood
Have you tried shavin your paddles?
Most paddles dont allow any wheel spin,wheel spin is a good thing.

we will be campin out all weekend this friday. I should see you folks there.I will make it a point to say hello.

I shaved 2 paddles off each kenda trakker for my 300ex. It make my dune experience alot better. It allowed for alil more wheel spin.