PDA

View Full Version : Kfx Hmf

kfxracer
09-18-2006, 07:00 PM
I have an 05 Kfx and yesterday I ordered a pipe kit with an hmf slip-on,uni air filter, and the correct jetting to run it without the lid or snorkel.Today, alot of people were saying that I would lose tons of bottom end power, and one person said he lost his top end.Is any of this true,cause I'm really worried.THANKS!!!

yellow400ex05
09-19-2006, 03:55 AM
I really don't think that is true at all, HMF pipe's give u lots of low end tourq and acceleration. They are also know to be somwhat of a top-end kind of pipe. Trust me I think you freinds are trying to make u not get one because they will be jealous.

indyZrider
09-19-2006, 04:49 AM
HMF rocks dude! you wont be disappointed!

Titanium
09-19-2006, 11:24 AM
I have a full HMF system with a K&N air filter and no lid and snorkel. You wont lose top end as long as your jetting is somewhere around where it needs to be. when i first did my jetting it was way off and it killed the top end but i put a bigger jet in and everything worked like cream puff. Even if your jetting is off you will have low end out the A$s.IMO.

kfxracer
09-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks!The guy that said he lost his top end must've had his jetting wrong.

oldskoolex400
09-23-2006, 12:10 PM
why would you put a pipe on a bike and not jet it sounds like you want to fry the engine

kfxracer
09-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by oldskoolex400
why would you put a pipe on a bike and not jet it sounds like you want to fry the engine

????? What are you talkin about?

oldskoolex400
09-23-2006, 02:12 PM
not giving the engine more gas when you increase the airflow creates more heat which in turn will blow the engine up somebody edited their post saying if you leave it stock it will just decrease your topend and wont hurt the engine not only will it do that but you wont be riding for awhile until you rebuild it