PDA

View Full Version : First MX Race Saturday!

JRP
09-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Well finally my first race is this Saturday at Actiontown USA. Do you guys have any tips or anything? Ive been riding for 3weeks straight and i feel very comfortable. Every morning i have a bannana and cereal, and feel pretty healthy. My side is still killing me but oh well. Ill be in Open C so i think i will do alright. My friends dad has been training me for the past 3weeks and he said i should go for the holeshot and not try to stay back, and he said i should easily come in 1st or 2nd. On my friends track i am 1sec a lap short of him and he races the 125c class at lorretas, also he has been riding on that track for 2yrs and ive only been on it liek 15 times, but still. lol. So if there is anything you guys can help me with or let me know how to not be so nervous, just let me know. lol Thanks

09-18-2006, 06:41 PM
goodluck man, just try not to think about the race until your on the gates....then give it hell!:devil:

Doober
09-18-2006, 06:41 PM
GOOD LUCK PEPPER:devil:

ZBlaster
09-18-2006, 06:43 PM
id start drinking just water (or at least mostly water... say 3 bottles of water per one caffenated beverage)... get plenty of sleep... i try to get at least 8 hours every night for 4 days before the race... dont over exert... i dont ride much at all the days directly before the race... maybe an hour or so each day... just try to relax, do something else you enjoy... you wont be as nervous as your anticipating... or at least i never have been

450r51
09-18-2006, 06:47 PM
u should be racing the bartosek race, none of this action town B.S.:devil:

goodluck, dont ride over your head.

MX MaNiAc 06
09-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Good luck dude. Be safe.

c450Razy
09-18-2006, 07:02 PM
yea good luck dude! just dont overly excited.

its weird when i race i really dont even think that much about it. i just think about other things i dont know y but i do.

WheelieMan4
09-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Breathe...

JRP
09-18-2006, 07:04 PM
thanks everyone... I drink atleast 5 bottles of water a day, a glass or 2 of milk and thats it. I dont drink any sodas. I ride about 1.5-2hrs a day. Im not riding tomorrow and friday so ill plenty of time to rest. The thing im worried about is we have atleast 5 practice sections before we go and race, and each section is 5 laps, so im worried i might get tired. My friends dad told me i should go out and practice and get all the jumps down and ride fast. He said dont go fast just be consistant.:)

ZBlaster
09-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by JRP
thanks everyone... I drink atleast 5 bottles of water a day, a glass or 2 of milk and thats it. I dont drink any sodas. I ride about 1.5-2hrs a day. Im not riding tomorrow and friday so ill plenty of time to rest. The thing im worried about is we have atleast 5 practice sections before we go and race, and each section is 5 laps, so im worried i might get tired. My friends dad told me i should go out and practice and get all the jumps down and ride fast. He said dont go fast just be consistant.:)

go as fast as you feel comfortable during the practice runs, just try not to wear yourself out... wether you noticed it or not you will be constantly improving...

TWISTED
09-18-2006, 07:30 PM
I'll bet your gonna have to POOP like crazy!!!!! Good luck, and take clean drawers with you....

JRP
09-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
I'll bet your gonna have to POOP like crazy!!!!! Good luck, and take clean drawers with you....

haha yea i bet, thats what my friend told me, said ima have the sh*ts. lmfao

AZblaster44
09-18-2006, 07:43 PM
In practice ride however you feel comfortable... I myself have NEVER been able to push myself in practice on a race day.... I usually just ride around do the jumps i know I can do maybe try some I havent done before but know I can make... practice to me is just to check out the track and warm up.... :)

Scro
09-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Go pee before hand...seems like I'm always wishing I did, everytime I line up:( :p

Nick110
09-18-2006, 07:50 PM
THINK, BREATHE, STAY LOOSE.

No matter what your gonna be SUPER nervous on the gate thats a fact. After the holeshot dont get to excited if u get a good jump and blow the first turn, it happens all the time. Also watch the pin in the gate.

After the holeshot is over remember to stay loose and breathe, in the air loosen up ur grip a bit. Most people get arm pump from not breathing and having a death grip.

Ride smart not hard and remember to have fun, its your first race your not there to impress anyone.

firefighterjosh
09-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Be sure to take your morning poo:)

dober250R
09-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Ride smooth, stay loose. And just have fun. I always like B.S'in with all the other riders, helps me not think about the race.....

AtvMxRider
09-18-2006, 08:18 PM
There is no need to ride all the practices just do a few to get a feel for the track and you will do fine. Actiontown is not a hard track. It does get rough and it is fast so when you crash it is usually a good one. I'll be there saturday morning both my sons #'s are 55 a black 300ex and a KTM 65.

Mxjunkie
09-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Dont do none of that funny business in the air like you did in front of me at breezewood :p

Damn near gave me a heart attack pepper!

D-7#61-450r
09-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Enjoy the actiontown portajohns!! One of the best tracks to start out racing on. Just ride smart and not over your head. This is the end of the year and guys who have been racing C class all year are going to be fast. They will actually be at a B level now.

insaneracin2003
09-18-2006, 10:10 PM
good luck JRP and ride smart,be aware of quads around you,stay in your line and give it hell.
PS,it is true about the poopie thing,lol,i thought it was just me.:scary:

Quadracer#83
09-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Good luck... It's your first MX race so don't go out there and ride like a bat out of hell. Play it smart and safe and learn as you progress. The biggest part is having fun... You can't have fun if your beating the hell out of yourself out there riding out of your limits.

firefighterjosh
09-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
PS,it is true about the poopie thing,lol,i thought it was just me.:scary:

I am serious. I always gotta have a morning poo. Otherwise I can't do crap the rest of the day.:D haha.............................................. .........It sounded funnier until I typed it out.

jrspawn
09-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Good luck man, your gonna love it. Make sure you hit the bathrooms a moto or two before your though:D I still get the same butterflies in the stomach feeling at the gate of every race, its a great feeling. Like many others have said, pace yourself out there, dont ride over your head, and make sure your quad is ready to race, thats a big thing alot of people overlook sometimes, take a few minutes before going up to check tire PSI and some nuts and bolts. Also i like to go out in all my practices to "loosen" up really, i would normally run at a medium pace, just learning the jumps really, then i would take 2 or more laps and run hard in practice to see how the quad reacts to the track. So go out there and have some fun man, be safe and get yourself your first trophy:D

JRP
09-19-2006, 04:30 AM
thanks everyone, im really pumped!:blah:

Dupontster
09-19-2006, 04:54 AM
About 10minutes before you go out stretch and eat some bananas. Bananas work good with arm pump to me. Like everyone said stay loose. If you jump everything there and get a good shot out of the gate you should be ok.

trick250r
09-19-2006, 08:22 AM
wow, you've got a lot of practices :eek2: go out in the first practice and scout out new lines, try some new ones in the second practice, then just use the best ones youve found and get comfortable. go around and talk to some people before your race... thats what i do to calm me down. that and usually you'll hear about the places where the other guys are having problems on the track. just do whatever you have to do to stay calm... good luck bro.

rollie
09-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Good luck jordan!:cool:

FoxRacing81
09-19-2006, 09:49 AM
5 practices? god damn son...

I'm usually dead after one 4 lap practice...nomrally because I ride hard...I can't help it...the YFZ wants to go fast....:ermm:

Just ride how you know you can ride.
Practice holeshots if you haven't already. It'll help.

Lean forward off the start. but then as soon as your over the gate, lean as far back as you possibly can. If you think you might get pushed out into the first corner, don't let off. People will move if you don't, even if you have to bump them. It's part of racing. Because if ya let off, that's when most of the people in your class will be able to just ride right around you.

Mainly, just ride smart, and be safe. I say a prayer before the gate drops every time, and say a thank you after every race, no matter what place I come in. I mean if ya don't believe in that stuff, then whatever fits ya, but it's what I do, just to keep me safe.

You'll be nervous as hell before the gate drops, but for me, as soon as I'm over it, everything goes away and I'm just out there racing and having fun.

Good luck dude. Drink a lot of water between now and your race. Eat bananas. I like to take tylenol about 4 motos before mine...thins out your blood, pumps through your arms easier (not sure if this is a fact, but hey, it doesn't hurt) BREATH. I tend to always hold my breath when through the first 2 laps, then I'm dead by the last 2.

Good luck, be safe, have fun, and kick some ***.

JRP
09-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by FoxRacing81
5 practices? god damn son...

I'm usually dead after one 4 lap practice...nomrally because I ride hard...I can't help it...the YFZ wants to go fast....:ermm:

Just ride how you know you can ride.
Practice holeshots if you haven't already. It'll help.

Lean forward off the start. but then as soon as your over the gate, lean as far back as you possibly can. If you think you might get pushed out into the first corner, don't let off. People will move if you don't, even if you have to bump them. It's part of racing. Because if ya let off, that's when most of the people in your class will be able to just ride right around you.

Mainly, just ride smart, and be safe. I say a prayer before the gate drops every time, and say a thank you after every race, no matter what place I come in. I mean if ya don't believe in that stuff, then whatever fits ya, but it's what I do, just to keep me safe.

You'll be nervous as hell before the gate drops, but for me, as soon as I'm over it, everything goes away and I'm just out there racing and having fun.

Good luck dude. Drink a lot of water between now and your race. Eat bananas. I like to take tylenol about 4 motos before mine...thins out your blood, pumps through your arms easier (not sure if this is a fact, but hey, it doesn't hurt) BREATH. I tend to always hold my breath when through the first 2 laps, then I'm dead by the last 2.

Good luck, be safe, have fun, and kick some ***.

thanks for the info man, i appreciate it alot! I really hope i do good, and also 1 more question, should my mom come to the race or jus me and my dad. My mom is a freak when it comes to me riding, so i dunno. lol:p

AtvMxRider
09-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by JRP
thanks for the info man, i appreciate it alot! I really hope i do good, and also 1 more question, should my mom come to the race or jus me and my dad. My mom is a freak when it comes to me riding, so i dunno. lol:p

Bring your whole family. My sons have been racing between 40 and 45 races a year for 3 years and my wife has only missed 2 races. One more thing looks like rain saturday:ermm: That place is a mess when it's wet

09-19-2006, 05:12 PM
damn 5 practice's. lol I only get like 3 laps.
Good luck tho. I'm racing sunday.

JRP
09-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Bring your whole family. My sons have been racing between 40 and 45 races a year for 3 years and my wife has only missed 2 races. One more thing looks like rain saturday:ermm: That place is a mess when it's wet

alright ill tell my mom. damn i thought it was gonna be nice this weekend too:ermm: . oh well, rain or shine ill be there:D

300ex_#387
09-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
damn 5 practice's. lol I only get like 3 laps.
Good luck tho. I'm racing sunday.

One of the fair races I raced this summer I got 2 laps of practice. Noone ever seen, or rode on the track before and they gave us 2 laps of practice.

JRP
09-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
One of the fair races I raced this summer I got 2 laps of practice. Noone ever seen, or rode on the track before and they gave us 2 laps of practice.

damn thats nothing. My friend said i should run all 5 pratices. I guess ill see how im doing, then ill decide.

insaneracin2003
09-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Definately dont run too hard for a long time.One of my races at one of my favorite tracks,well,my race was on a Sunday and practice was set-up for Sat all day and 1 practice Sun. morn. I rode my arse off Sat. pushed it pretty hard pretty much all day.Come Sunday,I was soo sore and wore out for the race.I did ok,but i had to run the LCQ and that pretty much did it for me.My main was a mess cause I was so worn out that i came in last and didn't even care,i just wanted to finish the race.

mx428
09-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Don't drink milk, something about the lactaid makes your muscles cramp easier. And stock up on tearoffs. Always put on WAY more then neccisary, because chances are you'll need more then you think.

Warnerade
09-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by JRP
damn thats nothing. My friend said i should run all 5 pratices. I guess ill see how im doing, then ill decide. I would skip the first 3 practices and run the last 2. That way you have some experience on the track when it is a bit rougher, and know where to anticipate rougher areas later on in the day.

Dont listen to anyone saying "you will be nervous your first time" Just becuase they were nervous...doesnt mean everybody was. I know i wasnt...just ride your race, to your ability. Dont try any stupid **** until you have the experience to pull it off.

TWISTED
09-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
I would skip the first 3 practices and run the last 2. That way you have some experience on the track when it is a bit rougher, and know where to anticipate rougher areas later on in the day.

Dont listen to anyone saying "you will be nervous your first time" Just becuase they were nervous...doesnt mean everybody was. I know i wasnt...just ride your race, to your ability. Dont try any stupid **** until you have the experience to pull it off.

You're the only person who has said they don't get nervous..... I find that hard to believe....

Warnerade
09-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
You're the only person who has said they don't get nervous..... I find that hard to believe.... I could honestly care less if you dont beleive me...lol, I've never been one to get nervous. All i think about is what i have to do...and nothing else.

I have gotten nervous one time and I really dont know why..there was only 4 people in my class and the race meant nothing...

have a nice night scooter.

JRP
09-20-2006, 06:29 PM
lol i know for a fact ill get nervous, thats just how i am. But now knowing my luck my quad isnt running right. I think i got some water in my float becasue it boggs the jus shuts off, and when i try to kick it, it wont start, have to wait 7-10min before it will start back up, and it happens often. Its like the water comes up into the carb when im riding, then it quits out, and when i go and start it up again, nothing, i have to wait a few min(water going back down) then it will start up 1st kick. So me and my friends dad are going to work on it tomorrow, and hopefully fix it.

wvspeedfreak
09-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Good luck Jordan.I'm sure you will do fine.

JRP
09-21-2006, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Good luck Jordan.I'm sure you will do fine.

Thanks

JRP
09-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Another thing.... about the jumps, i know there not big or anything, but how do u build up the confidence to hit the doubles, im not a real big fan of em, i like tables, but doubles worry me.:p

AtvMxRider
09-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by JRP
Another thing.... about the jumps, i know there not big or anything, but how do u build up the confidence to hit the doubles, im not a real big fan of em, i like tables, but doubles worry me.:p

Don't let the jumps at Actiontown fool you they are pretty good size

Dupontster
09-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Doubles- DO NOT CASE THEM!;) It will hurt.lol. The first time you hit a double carry extra speed so you know you clear it.
Action Town is my favorite track.imo. It has a good flow if you know wat i mean.

09-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by JRP

Bite your lip and hope to God your seat is soft when you land. :)

trx400exxracer
09-21-2006, 06:24 PM
umm yeah your gonna have the craps even if it is your first or last race

at my most recently race i won i think i crapped like 2-3 times that morning i think I won cause i took good craps hahahaha

but Nick110 pretty much covered it

eat a good breakfast a Bannana with your breakfast and a Banana 30-45 minutes before your moto with a ham sandwich dont stuff yourself!!!

ohh have fun, relax, be consistent, dont ride over your head, and take your crap!!!

good luck man!

:D

09-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Hope the weather holds out for you. It's supposed to rain up here on race day:( :(

Nick110
09-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by JRP

Well first you have to grow a pair. Haha :blah:

Then its really how confident you are and if your feeling it. Just go for it when your comfertable.

Doubles dont bother me anymore, its just taking two tables as a double that bothers me.:devil:

JRP
09-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Don't let the jumps at Actiontown fool you they are pretty good size

yea i know what you mean. I know theres a 50ft table in the back section, and then the 2 doubles out front. The finish line double seems easy enough, jus worried about the second one. lol

JRP
09-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Well first you have to grow a pair. Haha :blah:

Then its really how confident you are and if your feeling it. Just go for it when your comfertable.

Doubles dont bother me anymore, its just taking two tables as a double that bothers me.:devil:

haha thanks for the advice nick, where do you go to grow a pair?:blah: :p

AtvMxRider
09-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Thers a big double coming out of the back section before table top drop. The second double you are talking about kind of throws you weird casue it not a straight shot.

JRP
09-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Thers a big double coming out of the back section before table top drop. The second double you are talking about kind of throws you weird casue it not a straight shot.

yea thats the double, ive seen a few ppl crash of it.

exboy
09-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by JRP
haha yea i bet, thats what my friend told me, said ima have the sh*ts. lmfao

i know i did my first race, but i wasnt about to get crabs off a porto-potty. after u get ur first moto overwith all the nervousness kinda goes away, or thats how i was. i was most nervouse at the gate. good luck dude.

Phills450r
09-21-2006, 11:49 PM
lol you think your nervous now... wait untill you get to the gate with about 10-15 quads lined up next to you trying to do the same thing you want to (finish first)

GO TO BED EARLY.. thats my biggest mistake is going out the night before.. and yes you will have to crap because I do almost every time I race.. hit up the porta potty in the morning BEFORE everyone uses it because by the end of the day you will not be able to open the door cause it smells so bad..

do not ride over your head, if you don't feel good about hitting a double then don't do it but where you are slow you need to be faster in your good sections. have fun

#88yfz
09-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Action town my favorite track, the oldest mx track in va. in the best run and taking care of, but the jumps r not that small and cornering speed is a factor on sum doubles enjoy u r n c class if u dont get the holeshot u wont b jumping everthing on the track most c riders dont jump every jump n u dont want 2 jump on somebody just friendly advice.

JRP
09-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by #88yfz
Action town my favorite track, the oldest mx track in va. in the best run and taking care of, but the jumps r not that small and cornering speed is a factor on sum doubles enjoy u r n c class if u dont get the holeshot u wont b jumping everthing on the track most c riders dont jump every jump n u dont want 2 jump on somebody just friendly advice.

haha yea, that would be bad. Cant belive that its finally here, haha s

coolguy8769
09-22-2006, 09:12 AM
GO PEPPER GO!! :p

dude u'll be fine, this year was my first year racing (district 7) as u already know that. my first race was at Tomahwak, which we all know is not quad friendly. but i had a blast.

ONE THING THOUGH!! - my yfz must be special or somethin!!! it is COMPLETLY stock except tires and a sparks exhaust. and out of three races i have gotten top 3 in the holeshots everytime!! in D7 the c class is PACKED (20+ riders) i am like the only one there that has close to a stock quad. i was pullin on built race motors!! (450r's and yfz's) mine still has 439cc's! when i holeshot its like first nature, even my first race. when i look back i dont remember shifting or anything i just remember settin up for the first turn pinned and my a** hangin off the side, i'll talk to on AIM later today and explain how to pick lines and a few other things, my best finish this season was 4th overall out of 32

you BETTER come to the WPSA at VMP, i found out they have a c class

JRP
09-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
GO PEPPER GO!! :p

dude u'll be fine, this year was my first year racing (district 7) as u already know that. my first race was at Tomahwak, which we all know is not quad friendly. but i had a blast.

ONE THING THOUGH!! - my yfz must be special or somethin!!! it is COMPLETLY stock except tires and a sparks exhaust. and out of three races i have gotten top 3 in the holeshots everytime!! in D7 the c class is PACKED (20+ riders) i am like the only one there that has close to a stock quad. i was pullin on built race motors!! (450r's and yfz's) mine still has 439cc's! when i holeshot its like first nature, even my first race. when i look back i dont remember shifting or anything i just remember settin up for the first turn pinned and my a** hangin off the side, i'll talk to on AIM later today and explain how to pick lines and a few other things, my best finish this season was 4th overall out of 32

you BETTER come to the WPSA at VMP, i found out they have a c class

hell yea ima be at the wpsa! haha, im gettin nervous about tomorrow, lol. But oh well, its normal

insaneracin2003
09-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by JRP
hell yea ima be at the wpsa! haha, im gettin nervous about tomorrow, lol. But oh well, its normal
haha,i am getting nervous for ya....my first race i was nervous as heck,espicially at the gate,but once the gate drops,you forget about being nervous.adrenalin kicks in and you start to concentrate on your ride.just be safe and cautious. as said before and should stay with you is to NOT ride over your head. dont worry about what everyone else is doing,C class tends to be all over the track,well being this late in the season,they prolly wont be,but just keep your line and you should be fine. Let us know how everything goes and good luck.

xx3003xrdrxx
09-22-2006, 12:31 PM
One piece of advice I can give you is dont expect to win . Honestly im not trying to be a d*** or anything like that but those guys in C have been running the track all season and know all the lines and whatnot. Just have fun and like everybody has been saying be safe.

Another thing , try to be rolling forward a little bit right before the gate drops then when it drops dump it and give it hell. :devil:

Best of luck to you buddy!

09-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Good luck Pepper.

AtvMxRider
09-22-2006, 01:00 PM
The best piece of advice is to "hold your line" especially if a faster rider is coming up on you.

insaneracin2003
09-22-2006, 01:04 PM
The best piece of advice is to "hold your line" especially if a faster rider is coming up on you.
What he ^^^^ said.

JRP
09-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
haha,i am getting nervous for ya....my first race i was nervous as heck,espicially at the gate,but once the gate drops,you forget about being nervous.adrenalin kicks in and you start to concentrate on your ride.just be safe and cautious. as said before and should stay with you is to NOT ride over your head. dont worry about what everyone else is doing,C class tends to be all over the track,well being this late in the season,they prolly wont be,but just keep your line and you should be fine. Let us know how everything goes and good luck.

haha yea im pretty nervous, lol. I will hold my line no matter what, and "IM" not expecting to win, but my friends parents said i should, lol. Thats what is freakin me out, but i will be happy to come in the top 5:)

XCAdam89
09-22-2006, 02:09 PM
I'd be happy just to finish. Good Luck! :D

FoxRacing81
09-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Well, if your nervous about the doubles, this is where those 5 practices will help.

Just do the plop method. Keep plopping farther n farther (if it's a big double), then once you get close to the landing, just give it hell. You'll want to give it a little more gas then what you think should clear it, then go from there. 95% of the time, it's a lot better to overshoot something then to case it.

For small ones (use your judgement on whats small and whats big), just go for it and remember about the overshooting thing.

JRP
09-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by FoxRacing81
Well, if your nervous about the doubles, this is where those 5 practices will help.

Just do the plop method. Keep plopping farther n farther (if it's a big double), then once you get close to the landing, just give it hell. You'll want to give it a little more gas then what you think should clear it, then go from there. 95% of the time, it's a lot better to overshoot something then to case it.

For small ones (use your judgement on whats small and whats big), just go for it and remember about the overshooting thing.

thanks, and adam im the same way, haha. Im leavin at 5 so i got a few more hrs left. Im probably gonna go to bed soon, lol

JRP
09-23-2006, 02:25 AM
alright im headin out, ill post up how i did tonight, peace

09-23-2006, 12:07 PM
good luck mang

JRP
09-23-2006, 07:05 PM
alright well here we go......:p We got at the track around 7 oclock and it was muddy, but still nice. Had 6 practices total untill 1:30 and i felt pretty good. Then all hell broke loose....... Went and rode my quad down to the gates for the 1st moto and it ran good, shut it off at the gate, and when i went to go refire it, what did it do? Bogged like a ***** and shut off, couldnt get it restarted worth ****, so i got a DNS on 1st moto. We had a full tank of gas, key was on, gas was on, teatherwas hooked on, everything was perfect. Jerry(AtvMxRider) helped trying to get it working but nothing... Well one guy said to put in on reserve and what do you know? It started right up, 2 kicks. Ran perfectly fine for the rest of the day. So now moto 2 starts and i come off the holeshot in 4th(outta 10) Get passed by 2 ppl and im lying in 6th. Keep in mind that all of these guys(well top 4) are B class material and there jus sandbaggers. Me and this kid are batteling all of teh race, and theres not alot of room to pass at all. The lines are 1lined, and the corners were so 1lined that if you went to the outside you would jus spin, so i had to go the same line as thsi guy, he also blocked me off the jumps, so i couldnt overjump one to pass him....:grr: Well there was a little table then right after that theres a double double double rythem section, well all day i was going on the right side of the rythem, well i figured the only way i could pass him would be on the left side of the rythem, so i went and doubled im but almost trippled since i was carrying so much speed and passed the guy in the rythem section(it was checkerd flag) and the finish was right after the rythem, but when i hit the last double i got thrown off the quad and jus crashed, lol. Stood up and ran to my quad and finally got it started and passed the finish line in 8th place:ermm: :grr: So overall i got 8th outta 10, but i had a good time, and alot off ppl said if i could of raced 1st moto, i would of gotten 4th place, and if i didnt crash i could of gotten 3rd or so, but oh well, always next time. But i had fun so i guess if your not having fun your not racing right?:)

09-23-2006, 07:09 PM
that sucks you coulnt race the 1st moto.i got 8th my first race too:o but damn lol you start racing at 130? At my track signup is from 7-8 or 9ish, then practice from 9-930. every class only gets 2 laps. thne racin starts.

JRP
09-23-2006, 07:10 PM
i got 6 practices, each 3laps, and we dont start racing till 2ish. Wasnt over till 5, then we left almost 7

09-23-2006, 07:19 PM
thats crazy lol was it a quad only race?

JRP
09-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
thats crazy lol was it a quad only race?

yea, from 730 to 1 it was quad/bike practice, then from 1-2 it was just quad practice, then it went to quad racing.

BlasterEaten250
09-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Sounds like you had fun! stinks you couldn't race the first moto, i would of been so mad. Hopefully someday i will race too. Did you get any pics?

Phills450r
09-23-2006, 07:48 PM
sounds like a good race we have a race 2marrow morning gotta be outta here at like 4am :-/

JRP
09-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Sounds like you had fun! stinks you couldn't race the first moto, i would of been so mad. Hopefully someday i will race too. Did you get any pics?

oh i was pissed to the max, i dont know if jerry herd me cussin outloud, but my god, i was swearin up a storm, lol. I got some, but there no good, my dads not the best when it comes to taking pics.:p

BlasterEaten250
09-23-2006, 07:53 PM
ya i could imagine you would be mad, hopefully next time you will have better luck:cool:

JRP
09-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
ya i could imagine you would be mad, hopefully next time you will have better luck:cool:

me too, i have a race in Elizabeth City in NC oct 7th and 8th, cant wait

Warnerade
09-23-2006, 10:27 PM
isnt it kidna late int he year to be starting racing? lol..its too damn cold out now for me

Mxjunkie
09-23-2006, 10:28 PM
lol in my district we race xc till november then start again in febuary now thats cold :p

Warnerade
09-23-2006, 10:33 PM
ya screw that...i like sweating becuase of the sun, not becuase im sitting in a trailer with a heater and 12 layes of clothing on.

JRP
09-24-2006, 06:51 AM
im racing through november, then im stopping, then the season starts back up in january, but wont start till march or so.

AtvMxRider
09-24-2006, 03:33 PM
It's sucked that he didn't get to race the second moto. For your 1st race though Jordan you did very good. I was impressed. We will be at Elizabeth City also. You will like that place it is a fun track.

JRP
09-24-2006, 06:06 PM
thanks jerry, i was just so pissed that my quad was so retarded the 1st moto. But i cant wait till elizabeth city, i herd it gets pretty rough though.:devil:

firefighterjosh
09-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Good JOb man. Now that you have one race under you belt you know what to expect.

AtvMxRider
09-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by JRP
thanks jerry, i was just so pissed that my quad was so retarded the 1st moto. But i cant wait till elizabeth city, i herd it gets pretty rough though.:devil:

Oh yeah it is a sand track so it gets pretty bad.

JRP
09-24-2006, 06:26 PM
yea, i also forgot to ask, how did your kids do yesterday and today? And did you also watch any of the 125C class today? Did you notice how the number 516 did? He was on a crf250r. I was pittin with him and his parents yesterday. Thanks

AtvMxRider
09-24-2006, 06:29 PM
My oldest just practiced his quad he is not old enought o race it yet. HE did very well though. My youngest raced today and he did pretty good. He had few wrecks but he rode really good.

JRP
09-24-2006, 06:44 PM
My oldest just practiced his quad he is not old enought o race it yet. HE did very well though. My youngest raced today and he did pretty good. He had few wrecks but he rode really good.

oh alright, he seemed to be doing pretty good out there yesterday, i followed him around 1 lap during practice and he seemed like he was having fun.:)

AtvMxRider
09-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by JRP
oh alright, he seemed to be doing pretty good out there yesterday, i followed him around 1 lap during practice and he seemed like he was having fun.:)

Oh he had a great time.

JRP
09-24-2006, 06:48 PM
good thats all that matters, i still cant belive that i had to crash at the end, lol. I also wish the turns were a little more wider, wish you could go to the outside without gettin into the loose stuff and start spinning.

AtvMxRider
09-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by JRP
good thats all that matters, i still cant belive that i had to crash at the end, lol. I also wish the turns were a little more wider, wish you could go to the outside without gettin into the loose stuff and start spinning.

ECMX is alot better when it comes to passing

JRP
09-24-2006, 06:53 PM
ECMX is alot better when it comes to passing

good, cant wait:cool:

JRP
09-25-2006, 10:37 AM
ttt

Warnerade
09-25-2006, 10:46 AM
why ttt?

AtvMxRider
09-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
why ttt?

Why not?

Warnerade
09-25-2006, 02:27 PM
i was just wondering why he wouldnt use suf

JRP
09-25-2006, 06:22 PM
well heres some pics, they were all taken in the 1st and 2nd practice of the day, so i was still warming up, and yea my dads not the greatest at taking pics. This one is me just comming in from 1st practice:p

Scro
09-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Looks like you got peppered...pepper:p

JRP
09-25-2006, 06:26 PM
rythem section, looks like i was casing it but i wasnt:)

AtvMxRider
09-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Need to put a pipe on that 450;)

AtvMxRider
09-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by JRP
rythem section, looks like i was casing it but i wasnt:)

LOL not until the last lap anyways :devil:

JRP
09-25-2006, 06:27 PM
me off a 40ft table.

JRP
09-25-2006, 06:29 PM
pretty much last one, its a small table, but its real fun to hit, the landing is real steep and long.

JRP
09-25-2006, 06:31 PM
LOL not until the last lap anyways :devil:

hahah stfu:p lol, im still pissed. lmao Yea i need a pipe, i felt weird being the only person there with a stock exhaust other then your kid, lol. Oh well, after my front end ill get one.:cool:

AtvMxRider
09-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by JRP
other then your kid, lol.

LOL not after Wednesday:devil:

JRP
09-25-2006, 06:34 PM

awsome:D whats he getting?

coolguy8769
09-25-2006, 06:45 PM
get a sparks, if it does what it did to my yfz he'll get a good kick in the pants:p

nice pics jordan, your tires look kinda bald too?

JRP
09-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
get a sparks, if it does what it did to my yfz he'll get a good kick in the pants:p

nice pics jordan, your tires look kinda bald too?

haha yea there gettin there. Its like the tread is ripping, and pieces of it are falling off:ermm:

JRP
09-26-2006, 08:56 AM

sparks should wake it up a little!:devil: