PDA

View Full Version : somethigns wrong....

motochamp250
09-18-2006, 05:59 PM
guys...something is wrong with my r...as stated in the thread title haha
but anyways, alright, when i crank her up she is not running right i mean it idles fine and everything but when u rev it up it like coughs and i have a paul turner trx high rev pipe and where the 2 pieces join together it like blows them apart...wat is causing this backfire or cough? i have no idea why it to just start doing this and when u do ride it before it hits the power band it will bog and cough and just sputter...i was thinking jetting maybe or some thing clogged...i have no idea so i thought id ask the guru's haha
sorry for the long post thanks alot guys this site is a life saver

TheFontMaster
09-18-2006, 08:48 PM
To me it sounds like something is clogged in your silencer.

beerock
09-18-2006, 09:32 PM
could be broken reeds, could be clogged carb, could even be a blown bottom end..

change the plug and inspect it.. coudl just be a plug who knows

86 Quad R
09-19-2006, 07:19 AM
trouble shoot it from carb to tail tip. start by removing the carb and inspecting it for foriegn material and then proceed to reeds, ect ect ect. work ya way to the silencer.

motochamp250
09-20-2006, 05:48 PM
thanks for the comment i'll try that...i doubt it is a blown bottom end cuz i have just got the entire motor redone ..cylinder crank...everything and it only has 9.5 hours on it...easy hours at that so i'll try some of this stuff i just don't know why it to start doing this..could it be jetting cause i had it rejetted in late winter it was still cold but warming up should i change the plug and rejet and try that?
thanks guys!!
hunter

motochamp250
09-26-2006, 02:33 PM
any other opinions on what this might be? its almost like its coughing and juss blowing a big puff of air ir backfiring or something....any other opinions are greatly apreciated..thanks guys ima start checking this stuff out

regg187
10-24-2006, 07:01 AM
I know this is about a month late , but my quad was doing the same thing, It backfired so hard it blew the pipe apart at the joint, paul turner race type, that the lower part impailed it self on the lower a-arm mount., I was having a sprk problem along with a carb that had the float level to high, and you have a leak in the exhaust somewhere, because it needs to get oxygen in to backfire like that. hope that help, I had to finish riding that day clucthing it while slowing down to keep the R's up so it didn't drop off and backfire the pipe in 2 on the way back up.:eek2:

kiesta00
10-24-2006, 10:59 PM
check your reeds, stator and air boot from the carb to the reedcage for damage...mine was doing the same thing and those were the problem...

250r4life
10-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by motochamp250
guys...something is wrong with my r...as stated in the thread title haha
but anyways, alright, when i crank her up she is not running right i mean it idles fine and everything but when u rev it up it like coughs and i have a paul turner trx high rev pipe and where the 2 pieces join together it like blows them apart...wat is causing this backfire or cough? i have no idea why it to just start doing this and when u do ride it before it hits the power band it will bog and cough and just sputter...i was thinking jetting maybe or some thing clogged...i have no idea so i thought id ask the guru's haha
sorry for the long post thanks alot guys this site is a life saver

blowing the pipe apart isnt too uncommon if you have weak springs, or springs that are too long, or are missing a spring... it has back pressure in there- its supposed to... however that wouldnt cause it to sputter at the powerband... sounds like you could be jetter pretty fat, or possibly a partially fouled plug or something of that nature... if you stay in a lower gear will it eventaully wind out after sputtering?