PDA

View Full Version : Denton Steering Stablizer - Opinions?

SteveWR450F
09-18-2006, 05:20 PM
I use a Scotts stablizer and was thinking of getting the same for my girlfriend 400 TRX. A Thumper talk person suggested that I check out this stabilizer instead:

www.dentonracing.com/products/steering.php

Then I could use the extra money to upgrade her suspension. Sounds like a good idea but . . .

I am having a hard time getting info about the stablizer. How does it function? Such as on the Scotts it will try to return your wheel to center, high speed/ low speed valves, etc

Will the denton try to return to center? Anyone use one of these? Opinions?

Dont want to give my girlfriend a lemon . . . help.

Thanks

procircuit406ex
09-18-2006, 05:25 PM
if i were you,id scrunge up the money and invest into a W.E.R or Precision Products stabelizer,a lot more but well worth it in the long run.As far as the Denton i dont know too much about it so i really cant help but thats just my .02:)

-copyguy-
09-18-2006, 06:35 PM
I've got a Denton that I really put to use for the first time on a 25 mile trail ride...I love it. My arms normally get to burning after the first few miles..but with the stabilizer on it kept the jerks of the bars down.

Basically it's an adjustable shock absorber that ties between the steering stem and the frame. When the wheels hit something, normally it causes the bars to jerk really bad. With the stabilizer cranked up, it keeps the wheels from jerking the bars. You don't notice the stabilizer being cranked on when you turn the bars though...there's 7 levels of firmness in it, I just leave mine all the way on.

I'm really happy with mine. It's a rebuildable one and I bought it used too...

MO-EX-RIDER
09-18-2006, 06:41 PM
if your looking for a stick model, go to goldenwestcycle.com and get it for $99. same as denton (non rebuildable)just different sticker i like it but its the only one ive ever rode:cool:

-copyguy-
09-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Here's a good pic of one so that maybe you can better understand how it works...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=248066&highlight=denton

Colby@C&DRacing
09-19-2006, 08:14 AM
the stick style dampners serve their purpose but once you try a scotts, precision, wer ect you will never go back to a stick style.