PDA

View Full Version : computer nerds HELP!!!

LeGaCyGiAnT124
09-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Well for some reason my firewire port on my computer doesn't work and I have some really good footage to put on here and i cant figure it out. It used to work but just stopped all of a sudden so if you have any idea please post up!

09-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by LeGaCyGiAnT124
Well for some reason my firewire port on my computer doesn't work and I have some really good footage to put on here and i cant figure it out. It used to work but just stopped all of a sudden so if you have any idea please post up!

wtf is a firewire port....sounds like a short to me:huh

<DRS>GPF
09-18-2006, 07:23 PM
does it recognize the storage device?

250exen
09-18-2006, 07:37 PM
well, first im sure youve done this but make sure all connections are tight, and if that dosnt work, try another computer. It might either be your computer or the camera's port.
if another computers not an option, could you use usb? i know its slower but should still get the job done.

standardryder
09-18-2006, 07:48 PM
right click your my computer icon, and click properties. click the hardware tab, then clikc device manager and search through the list see if there is anthing with a ! on it. if there is one on your firewire port then you need to either replace it or you could try to re install the driver. hope that helps.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
09-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by 250exen
well, first im sure youve done this but make sure all connections are tight, and if that dosnt work, try another computer. It might either be your computer or the camera's port.
if another computers not an option, could you use usb? i know its slower but should still get the job done.

i love you:devil:

i looked around my house for a usb cable and it worked thank god, but really thanks man

ill get the video hosted tomorrow, its some professional gncc lol jk but its woods riding:macho