View Full Version : dyno #'s on my 06 450r

coalson
09-18-2006, 02:03 PM
max power= 39.76 max torque= 30.62
max speed is 76-77 76 and a half lol
This is my dyno #'s im happy with em but open to suggestions to make it better :D. I had it dynoed at sandfest this last weekend, I had a blast ready for snake hunt next year
:D

chad502ex
09-18-2006, 05:07 PM
seems a tad low IMO with your LRD pipe.

I have bone stock 06 numbers that are 39/30.

i could be that every dyno is different thing, but i would think a couple more for you it should have read..

TWISTED
09-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Chad, I just bought an 07 on Saturday. I've got the HRC kit plus a full Baldwin exhaust being installed as we speak. Off the top of your head, what kind of results should I expect as far as horsepower???

chad502ex
09-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Chad, I just bought an 07 on Saturday. I've got the HRC kit plus a full Baldwin exhaust being installed as we speak. Off the top of your head, what kind of results should I expect as far as horsepower???

we just did an 07 with Hot Cam stage 2 Rossier exhaust DRG filter and jetting and it neared 48.

I'd say you should be ~44

coalson
09-18-2006, 06:39 PM
so u think that if i went with a diffrent pipe it would be a little better im thinkn about gettn the nmotion

chad502ex
09-18-2006, 06:48 PM
no, i'm not saying that at all, but if you want a pipe call Rossier Engineering and tell them I sent ya..

I think you would find what your looking for with a Hot Cam stage 2.

good luck.

One_Bad_400
09-18-2006, 08:27 PM
coalson: that pipe should do fine, from what I've heard the dasa pipes are making some of the best numbers though. I have a sparks on one of my 450r's and I like it alot. I wouldn't buy a baldwin pipe though because baldwin doesn't even run his own pipe on his main rider's bikes, for example Tim Farr and Daryl Rath both run a Baldwin motor with White Brothers pipes, that doesn't say much for the pipe if his own guys don't even run them.

Also, where you're gonna see the most difference is that cam, the HRC really isn't worth the money, I'd go with a Web Cam if I was you...I like 'em

pudamac12
09-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
coalson: that pipe should do fine, from what I've heard the dasa pipes are making some of the best numbers though. I have a sparks on one of my 450r's and I like it alot. I wouldn't buy a baldwin pipe though because baldwin doesn't even run his own pipe on his main rider's bikes, for example Tim Farr and Daryl Rath both run a Baldwin motor with White Brothers pipes, that doesn't say much for the pipe if his own guys don't even run them.

Also, where you're gonna see the most difference is that cam, the HRC really isn't worth the money, I'd go with a Web Cam if I was you...I like 'em

i am sure the pipe is fine. both daryl rath and tim farr and sponsored by white brothers which is why they run white brothers pipes.

One_Bad_400
09-19-2006, 11:48 AM
obviously they are sponsored by WB, but these guys go to EXTREMES saving weight and adding HP, expensive titanium bolts, carbon fiber, drilling holes, running smaller gas tanks, they could get a sponsorship from anybody and they are also sponsored by Baldwin so they are going to run the best of the two

By no means am I saying the Baldwin pipe sucks, I haven't tried it, I was just pointing out something I observed that seemed a little goofy

hoopd450
09-19-2006, 05:05 PM
the baldwin pipe is an hmf with a different tag and end cap. i had one on my old bike. i still thought it was a pretty good pipe though.

coalson
09-19-2006, 08:23 PM
what kind of horse power will i b lookn at with a cam id like to be around 48-50 without tearing into the motor if you know what i mean

StuckInTheMud
09-19-2006, 09:09 PM
ok guys, i have a 05 450r with a je 13-1 piston, stage 1 hotcam, port and polish, uni air filter jetted to a 185 with the lid off and a slip on dr d pipe.....any guesses on what power im pumping out?

ghott
09-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by StuckInTheMud
ok guys, i have a 05 450r with a je 13-1 piston, stage 1 hotcam, port and polish, uni air filter jetted to a 185 with the lid off and a slip on dr d pipe.....any guesses on what power im pumping out?

Around 45-48hp? I would think the Stage 1 would be hurting your peak horsepower. It has lots of bottom end, but lacks in the upper RPM's. Although the port and polish might have taken care of that. Also that slip-on might not be letting the bike exhale like it may want to. I was under the impression that replacing the headpipe was the thing to do when it comes to exhausts.

Put that bad boy on a dyno and find out.

One_Bad_400
09-20-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by ghott
Around 45-48hp? I would think the Stage 1 would be hurting your peak horsepower. It has lots of bottom end, but lacks in the upper RPM's. Although the port and polish might have taken care of that. Also that slip-on might not be letting the bike exhale like it may want to. I was under the impression that replacing the headpipe was the thing to do when it comes to exhausts.

Put that bad boy on a dyno and find out.

true, the head pipe is the important part of it, those stock headers really hold a "built" engine back