PDA

View Full Version : what do i do next??

ww6867
09-18-2006, 12:06 PM
i have a 06 yfz 450, i already installed a je 13:5:1 hi comp piston, stage 2 intake/exhaust cams, big gun rev box, lowered one tooth on front sprocket/raised a tooth on the back, a complete hinson racing clutch, a curtis sparks full exhaust system, k&n filter and it has been jetted.. this is my first build and i'm wondering what else i can do to make it even faster (dont get me wrong, it rips now but a little more hp wont hurt hehe)...any tips would be appriciated, oh and its strictly for dragging , thanks guys

beastlyone
09-18-2006, 04:05 PM
id say an ice cube 488cc big bore kit or a falicon 488cc stroker/bore kit to keep it more reliable but still riiip. with those systems alone your talkin 53 horse without all the stuff you got one yours man. And nitro if you really want it :D

CHEVYZ
09-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ww6867
i have a 06 yfz 450, i already installed a je 13:5:1 hi comp piston, stage 2 intake/exhaust cams, big gun rev box, lowered one tooth on front sprocket/raised a tooth on the back, a complete hinson racing clutch, a curtis sparks full exhaust system, k&n filter and it has been jetted.. this is my first build and i'm wondering what else i can do to make it even faster (dont get me wrong, it rips now but a little more hp wont hurt hehe)...any tips would be appriciated, oh and its strictly for dragging , thanks guys I would recommend getting headwork. Port and polished head, oversized valves, etc. If you can go for it, like mentioned, the Ice cube big bores are supposed to rip.

And I see that you are from Mississippi. Where do you ride at? We travel back and forth between Louisiana and Mississippi like every week LOL. I think I recognize you from the CP Customs forum, correct? It would be nice to ride together one day. Ever been out to Sand Hill?.. it is a fun place to ride. I am setting my 05 450r up as well with some intentions of drags. Maybe we could be some friendly competition at the track?

ww6867
09-18-2006, 05:01 PM
i'm 15 min. away from the sand hills, are you the guy from cp customs? also i dunno if your into dirt racing but they reopened the track up at enterprise and the one near monticello i heard its a good one to, but i dont think they allow high comp pistons:(

CHEVYZ
09-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Sand Hill in Wiggins, right? We go there every week or two. What does your bike look like? Hell, I may have even met you before....

Nah, I am not the guy from CP Customs, though. I met them out in Mississippi a couple of weeks ago. Great guys. I have two buddies who are getting their bikes built by them. One is gonna be a Sabertooth 250r, the other a drag Banshee and possibly his YFZ. I am into all racing, but I am just recently getting into the big areas. I have heard of the areas you mentoned, but never been before??? Might be something to check out...

ww6867
09-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
Sand Hill in Wiggins, right? We go there every week or two. What does your bike look like? Hell, I may have even met you before....

Nah, I am not the guy from CP Customs, though. I met them out in Mississippi a couple of weeks ago. Great guys. I have two buddies who are getting their bikes built by them. One is gonna be a Sabertooth 250r, the other a drag Banshee and possibly his YFZ. I am into all racing, but I am just recently getting into the big areas. I have heard of the areas you mentoned, but never been before??? Might be something to check out...

oh no i thought you were talking about the sand hills near my house, i stay close to brookhaven... and i met craig and his buddies from cp at 33 near the homochitto river, thats who i plan on using to get my heads reworked, how is the hills in wiggins? i might have to check them out also

CHEVYZ
09-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh, OK. I bought one of my 450r's in Brookhaven, so I know where you are. Easy drive for me as well. The Hills in Mississippi are great. Really great place if you are into drag racing and having fun in big open areas... everything stays nice and smooth. They have a drag strip that they grade every 20 or so minutes. Aside from the drag strip, they also have a big hill with some open area below that is a blast to race up and down. If you go to the threads for places to ride, you will find a few pics and videos on it.

CHEVYZ
09-18-2006, 05:41 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2226755
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2226758
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2226763
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2226767
Couple pics from Bayou Boy... another LA rider.