PDA

View Full Version : carbon fiber wheels

ridered86
08-31-2002, 10:09 PM
are those carbon fiber wheels worth it. pro...cons? i hear they have a 1 year warranty, and they look bad *****

Mxbubs
08-31-2002, 10:14 PM
No wait, you can get them right away........The pro is, compared to aluminum, they have a one year warranty against breaking or bending..........Show me any aluminum wheel building will to make that offer...........cons, well, if you want an 8" rim, you have to buy their rim with the built in hub, and I cant use them because I run a durablue x-33 with non-splined hubs, and I am liking this axle to much to go back to a tapered axle, I plan on getting the carbon fibers 9x9 rears since ITP makes holeshots now to run on a 9" rim............oh yeah, the cost alot.:D

Evan
08-31-2002, 10:54 PM
MXbubs- you will have to do a little triming on your hubs to get the wheel on there but it will work.
I like em, they have replaceable parts so you dont have to buy a whole new wheel. The rings can get chipped if you run in rocky areas with low tire pressure, I chipped mine not riding in rocky areas with 20 inch tires, they are supposed to send me new rings free but they havent yet. The rings can leak sometimes also, just my rears not my fronts. Very light wheels.

cdalejef
09-01-2002, 07:45 AM
Actually, they are cheaper than alum. beadlocks! Hiper is on a huge backorder right now. They are in the process of setting up the equipment to make them in house. It will be a couple more weeks before they can start up production. We have a couple pairs left in stock.

01_300ex
09-01-2002, 07:53 AM
how much for some front beadlocks.

cdalejef
09-01-2002, 07:59 AM
you have a PM!

Jimmer
09-01-2002, 09:15 AM
Jeff whats the deal with the 8 in rear carbon fibers. Do they make them or what? I want to get some 8 s on the rear so I can run both tamers and holeshots on the same rim. what do you have in stock I want 10x5 fronts with red rings and 8 rears with red rings.Can you Pm me with a price on this stuff and whether or not you have it in stock? Thanks for your help.

Mxbubs
09-01-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by X-Rider
MXbubs- you will have to do a little triming on your hubs to get the wheel on there but it will work.
I like em, they have replaceable parts so you dont have to buy a whole new wheel. The rings can get chipped if you run in rocky areas with low tire pressure, I chipped mine not riding in rocky areas with 20 inch tires, they are supposed to send me new rings free but they havent yet. The rings can leak sometimes also, just my rears not my fronts. Very light wheels.

Are you saying that if I take a grinder to the corners of my hubs and round them down some they will work? Let me know, I really want to run the 8" rim. Jeff, within a few weeks I am going to be ordering 4 rims and tires for bike, carbon fibers, with Itp holeshot tires. I want 4+1 on the fronts with HS MX 20" tall tires, with the 8" rims if they work, with HS MX's on the rear. Can you Pm me a price quote?

Evan
09-01-2002, 01:18 PM
Yes you will need to trim some of the hub with the 9 inch wheel. I have no clue about the 8 inch wheel, I just have a x-33 axle and hiper 9 inch rears and this is what I had to do.

cdalejef
09-01-2002, 05:06 PM
They do make the wheels in 8"! I don't have any right now and it looks like we won't be getting any for a few more weeks. I think I have 1 set of fronts in 4+1. Give me a call on tuesday.