PDA

View Full Version : Carb troubles

hontr35
09-17-2006, 09:46 PM
First of all, I have pretty much read all the jetting and carb threads I could, but nothing seems to be working. I have a 99 ex but the needle valve seat took a crap so I bought a brand spanking new 05/06 carb. I have a WB E series slip on with 7 discs in, a K&N filter with outwears cover and thats it. I have a 150k mainjet and a 42 pilot jet. The air/fuel screw turned out 2.5 times. I want to run with the air lid on because of all the water and mud that I ride in. But with this combination it wouldn't run very good actually burped and sputtered at half to full throttle. So I took off the lid and runs alot better but nowhere near like it should. Is the 05/06 carb that much different then the 99/04? Is the air/fuel screw to far out/in? And what the heck kind of "tool" do you use to turn that screw in/out? It doesn't have an actual screw head. Any and all help is appreciated, Thanks

Stonewall 61
09-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Hey,
I've got an '03 with the K&N, White Bros E serise runnin 11 discs, 155 Main and 42 pilot with the fuel screw 2 1/2 turns out.......... I've just started messing with the jetting (got the new parts last week) and it seems to be running right on..... plug is dry and brown. I tried adjusting the fuel screw, but it really ran best where it was.... 2 1/2 turns..... I hear ya on the fuel screw (ha) i went through all the tools I have including a 45 skew driver, but with no luck......... I could actually reach up there and turn it better with my finger.... even after running for ten minutes, it wasnt too hot to do....... I know this doesnt help with the 04/05 question, but at least this may help you know youre runnin the same as someone else.....and it's workin......

hontr35
09-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the info, I should of checked my plug but no time yet. Not sure what to do, but it definately is running rich. Can't figure out why I would need a smaller jet....I will be back to stock with a 148? Hmmm.....hope it doesn't blow!!!