PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 300ex Head!!!!

tomsinnott
09-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I was re-ringing my '01 300EX last night and as luck would have it I had 2 bolts break when I was taking the cover off the head!!! I can drill/tap them out but I found out when I pulled it that it was going to need some mill work anyway so if anyone has got a rebuilt head or one that needs rebuilt but still in decent shape just let me know!!! I have heard that the 300EX and 250EX have the same head with different valves so that may work too??? Anyone know if that's true?

2muchquad
09-21-2006, 10:29 PM
I have a head.Oil seals are cheap,some topend kits include them.

tomsinnott
09-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Ended up getting slammed on one from eBay!!! lol Got in a gotta-have-it-now mood and paid too much.

tomsinnott
09-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Nope, I was a little afraid of that one because it was off of a quad that he raced and took it back to stock to sell it, so I figured it had been run pretty hard. But I thought about it pretty long. I know a lot of people that do that to make it seem like it hasn't been run into the ground and that it was taken care of so I backed off.

rap169
09-24-2006, 09:00 AM
if your talking about the head that i sold on ebay it went for 180. I never raced the quad once. I was building it a little bit at a time to race its eventually, but money kept me from doing that. I got a new job in 04 and bought a 450r and started racing that instead. The 250x sat in the garage until recently i put it back to stock. It actually was a steal for 180. Valve spings and new valves were worth that much.