View Full Version : bottoming out

hondarules
09-17-2006, 06:08 PM
someone told me that letting the air out of ur shocks an thn turnin them all the way up would make it ride better an i could tell a little difference but ive got into a little racin now an it seems like every jump i hit it bottoms out hard an i was wonderin if this was cause i didnt have any air in my shocks an if so how much air should i put back in them any help is greatly appreciated

the predator
09-17-2006, 07:30 PM
:eek2:

wvspeedfreak
09-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by hondarules
someone told me that letting the air out of ur shocks an thn turnin them all the way up would make it ride better an i could tell a little difference but ive got into a little racin now an it seems like every jump i hit it bottoms out hard an i was wonderin if this was cause i didnt have any air in my shocks an if so how much air should i put back in them any help is greatly appreciated

I hope you are joking :ermm:

DirtDevilBT
09-17-2006, 10:11 PM
hahahah

If they need some "air" I would recommend going to ur nearest dealership and having them put some gas in them. It's not just "air".

Also, go punch that guy in the face.:rolleyes:

firefighterjosh
09-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Do not let the "air" out of your shocks. That is accually Nitrogen. Go to the dealer and have them fill ththe shocks back up.

mx1791
09-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
hahahah

If they need some "air" I would recommend going to ur nearest dealership and having them put some gas in them. It's not just "air".

Also, go punch that guy in the face.:rolleyes:

lmfao

hondarules
09-18-2006, 10:09 AM
well i appreciate it i guess ill get up to the dealer tomorrow an get that done guess my friend was juss a dumbass an i guess that makes me one for listenin to him

kazpr
09-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by hondarules
well i appreciate it i guess ill get up to the dealer tomorrow an get that done guess my friend was juss a dumbass an i guess that makes me one for listenin to him
That was a GREAT laugh on my way to work!!

gbcap
09-18-2006, 02:26 PM
i just had to brush myself off from rolling around on the floor.

your 'buddy' either got you really good on that one. or he is a flippin' moron. get them charged back up and then smack your buddy upside the head.

tltcracing
09-18-2006, 04:34 PM
i could see how that might work...but only you ride it on the road all day and really dont even need shocks. i think taking the nitro out of it will take all the dampining out of the shock so it will feel like a cadie, super smooth untill the bumps are over two inches high.

hondarules
09-18-2006, 09:33 PM
well the ride wasnt that bad it any except for jumps..it was smoother i guess cause there wasnt really any rebound in the shocks..im glad everybody got a good kick out of it lol

09-19-2006, 10:18 AM
you've probably damaged your shocks

ckasper18
09-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Yes i would have the shocks rebuilt seal head and new oil.

crablaster
09-19-2006, 05:36 PM
i would get those shocks redone adn then punch your friend in the face for being so stupid. JUSt wondering what does your friend ride and is he any good?

mx1791
09-19-2006, 07:46 PM
or you can just take your broken shocks and shove them up your friends a**, make him lick them clean, and if he has a quad, destroy that too, so he cries:grr: . well at least thats wut id do couse i cant afford to get shocks rebuilt. next time, dont listen to this guy

QuadJunkies
09-20-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by mx1791
or you can just take your broken shocks and shove them up your friends a**, make him lick them clean, and if he has a quad, destroy that too, so he cries:grr: . well at least thats wut id do couse i cant afford to get shocks rebuilt. next time, dont listen to this :eek2:

mx1791
09-20-2006, 11:05 AM
ahahah, yea i kno that was extreme, i was in a bad mood last night, but id be that mad if someone told me to do that, id be mad at myself for listening too

QuadJunkies
09-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Id be mad too...

Next time ,ask someone who has some experience before going out and doing it. Or at least, make a few phone calls and ask the experts.:o

Your all right about one thing though, this guy needs an @$$ kickin!

firefighterjosh
09-20-2006, 06:55 PM
If it makes you feel better I just bought my Tripple Rate works with rezzies. I in stalled them on the banshee and I loved them. I went inside to wash up. My dad comes in. " Hey josh, how much PSI goes into your air chamber of your shocks?, I was messing with it and let the air out" I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO you are a retard dad. lol

mx1791
09-20-2006, 08:09 PM
r u serious, that sucks

DirtDevilBT
09-20-2006, 11:46 PM
:rolleyes:

Hey Hondarules, just take the shock over to the dealership or some place they do nitrogen recharging. They will fill them back up to proper psi. Take them for a ride and then make the judgement as to whether something bad happened to them. Don't jump two spaces and have them worked on.

I had to reposition the hose on my Elka rezzy and that took empting the air. Taking it in tomorrow to have a place fill it back to the 175psi it should be at. Cost me about 35 bucks is what they say.

The quad sits low right now. Mainly you can feel a difference in compression. I couldn't push down on the bike before and now it goes down much easier, without messing with it too much that's where I stopped. The gas is put behind the compresion valve in the rezzy, therefore it most likely affects the compression, making it smoother, but bottom out on jumps. Without compression, you rely on spring tension only.