PDA

View Full Version : stock 400 ex

Reggie44
09-17-2006, 05:39 PM
What's up, looking for advice....Have have a basic stock 400 ex 02'. It has a whitebros pipe, k&n filter, & the main jet is a 152 or 154 (I think), other than that...nothing. Any Ideas as to what to do next....more value for the buck kinda thing...Has anyone had the flywheel lightened.???

2004exrider
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
First off welcome to the site, you'll enjoy it here. There's a lot of valuable information here! Since you already have most of the basics I'd suggest putting in a camshaft, I put a HotCams Stage 1 in mine and you can deffinitely feel a difference in power. There's plenty more you can always do though depending on how far you go, different piston, rev box, ignition advance key, suspension, different tires are always great, etc. About the flywheel, i've done a lot of research on lightened flywheels and the results i had come up with it just isnt worth it. Theres a lot of threads about it in the 400ex section you can dig up if you want to look it up more.

Jimmy

1fst400
09-17-2006, 08:02 PM
to you have your air box lid off? that makes a big difrence. susally you have to re-jet.

Reggie44
09-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the info about the cams...I try to do all of it myself if I can,...R they very hard to change. Also, later on I was hoping to maybe put in a 416 kit....Shoud I buy any certain kind to maybe match up with that or does it matter.Thanks again

firefighterjosh
09-18-2006, 10:50 PM
I have a mild 416. It is set up for woods racing. I would maybe look into shocks. That would help you go faster down the trails and on the track