PDA

View Full Version : Been a while.

MikeMan
09-17-2006, 01:57 PM
I've been away with the military for the last nine months.

My trx 400 hasnt been started since last December.

My battery is dead ?

Should I drain all the old gas in it?

I will change the oil in it.

What I am scared of is the possibility of my carburetor being gummed up from the old gas been sitting in it.

Any suggestions

bubba's400ex
09-17-2006, 02:26 PM
you didn't run the carburater dry before you put it away?
and yes youu definatly need to change oil and gas.

CHEVYZ
09-17-2006, 02:57 PM
I would make sure everything has been cleaned, oil and fuel changed, and get a good charge on your battery. Take off your carb and clean it up.

MikeMan
09-17-2006, 08:53 PM
I didn't get a chance to drain the gas before I left for Iraq since it was a 48 hr notice but -- I've never taken of the carb before to.

Are there any posts on how to do this.

Any advice will be appreciated

Oorah!

bubba's400ex
09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
well i haven't done it on my 400 yet but on most motors your just going to un bolt it. then take the slide out, witch is what your throttel controls on the top of the carburater, it will just un screw. then disconnect the gas lines and pull the carb out. there will be a couple screws on the bottom, unscrew them and that is your bowl. spray carb cleaner on the whole carb and scrub till it's clean and put it back on.

krt400ex
09-18-2006, 02:34 PM
have u tried to sart it?

if it starts then u obviously don't need a battery and then all u need to do is remove the air filter and spray carb cleaner in there when the engine is running. a few squirts at variable throotle settings will do it. oh.. and replace ur gas.

welcome home soldier. thanks for all uve done for our country.

MikeMan
09-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks for all your great advice! It is well appreciated.

Be thankful that we as Americans and citizens can still wake up in the morning and fire up the quads and dirtbikes without the worry of some Afghanistanian shooting a AK-47 or rocket launcher at you.

October 20th off to Pismo Dunes for some RnR + Beer.

Thanks again, Devil Dog