PDA

View Full Version : 460 stroker ?? to stroke or not to stroke!!

sledguy
09-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Hey Guys,
Ive got an EX with a 440 kit and a stage 2 hotcam with a white bros, exhaust and K&N filter with a pre filter. I love the power and delivery of this kit but it doesnt have enough top speed at all. I ride with a couple Craptors and a DS 650 and every time we hit a feild or a road Im straght to the back than have to battle my way to the front on the trails only to do it all over again . Ive read on here that people have 440's that are running with 450's ? I know mine wont even come close. Im contomplating a plus 4mm rod to make it a 460 cc vand a stage 3 hotcam or a powroll cam they seem to have the most lift that Ive seen. Has anyone had a 460 or run against one? Is it faster or does anyone have any recomendations ??

Wheelie
09-17-2006, 06:33 PM
First of all search, this subject has been covered a lot recently.

I have a Powroll 440 stroker w/a Hotcams stroker cam/P&P head. Still running the stock carb and a slip on I have no problem running with the newer machines. It's faster than my buddies 05R with a pipe/filter/modded lid/and 1 tooth smaller front sprocket. Each on acceleration and top speed.

If you're looking for 450R or Raptor power, stroke it and don't look back. Also, if you don't want to run hardweld rockers, I highly recommend the Stg 3/Stroker cam from Hotcams.