PDA

View Full Version : EXT warranty or not ????

zerolm
09-17-2006, 12:06 PM
I have an early unit and occasionally the tranny will whine when downshifting (two or three times out of 100). Of course this has me worried to death about the tranny because of some horror reports I have seen on this site. I have one more month to purchase an extended warranty, but at a cost of $700 I was thinking about just taking my chances. My real question is what do you guys think it would cost (roughly) if the tranny blows? I know that the scenarios can be many, but I just need to evaluate my best options.. Thanks in advance for any opinions..

AL Elks
09-17-2006, 03:38 PM
$442 for 48 months!

Show this to your dealer and he should match it. I know mine did.

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/suzuki-extended-protection-atv-2x4-clon.html

Only thing is you have to purchase it before you 6 month warranty runs out.

Oh yea, if it blows bad it can cost up around 3k to repair. I know one individual said he forked out $2,700 for his tranny repair.

TTZ450
09-17-2006, 04:05 PM
IT SAYS 101 TO 250 CC WARRANTY FOR $351

AL Elks
09-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by TTZ450
IT SAYS 101 TO 250 CC WARRANTY FOR $351

My bad. I posted the wrong link.

I was wondering why it was so cheap. I paid $442 for mine. I thought "darn the price went down".

I fixed it in my original post.

zerolm
09-17-2006, 06:01 PM
could I just purchase it from the dealer you posted?? Or do I have to buy it from the same dealer I bought the quad from??

AL Elks
09-17-2006, 07:08 PM
You can buy it from any dealer but I would try and get your dealer down to that price. That way you stay in good graces with your dealer.

Now if he won't come down to that price then by all means buy it from another dealer.

Just tell him that you can purchase it from another Suzuki dealer for $422 but you would rather support him and he will most likely meet the price. You might want to print out that page and take it to him as proof also.