PDA

View Full Version : brake ressivor screws?????

hondajoe05
09-17-2006, 09:37 AM
alright so my dad thought he was doing and tried takin off the brake ressivor cap off for thr front brakes after i told him not to and... ya stripped the screws out so what do i do about this drill the screws out or use the hammer and screw driver technic

svahle
09-18-2006, 07:31 AM
If you are talking about the screw heads being stripped, I had the same problem. I used a drill bit about the size of the screw head and just drilled off the top of the screw. Be careful just to drill off the screw head and not drill all the way through the cover. Then remove the cover and you should be able to back out the remainder of the screw using pliers. Then just put in new screws when it is replaced and be sure not to over tighten them to avoid stripping the threads and the screw head. Good luck.
Oh yeah, if something goes wrong you can buy a new brake lever, master cylinder, and reservior for about 10 bucks on ebay. It does not need to be off a 400ex. I bought a lever, etc. off a yfz450 which works great and also makes the brake lever adjustable. This is actually a pretty nice upgrade.