PDA

View Full Version : I crashed...need help please 8^(

Coolidge
09-17-2006, 06:07 AM
:( ....I crashed yesterday. Started my birthday weekend ride/camp trip (@ Calif City, near Dovesprings/Mojave)Just unloaded all our crap, and now my Daughters & I are gonna go for a ride. I ride a 06 450er, and love goin' fast. Anywho, I had been riding MAYBE 10 min. I was going pretty fast through an area Im pretty familiar with when I hit a berm at a 90degree angle, and I was in a stand-up/forward position and I think it bounced the suspension up . I really dont remember exactly WHAT happened after that, but to make a rambling story short, I 'think' I went over bars w/bike. I smashed my head, f-ed up my Helmet, my L/elbow is pizza, and bounced off my lower back (also pizza'd). Anyways, my bike is F-ed. My steering stem
snapped/broke just below upper bushing, tweaking frame @ upper mount. My handlebars, switch panel/cover, F/brake & e-brake cables are destroyed. Oh yeah, I taco'd my L/F wheel too. Susp/spindle/tie rods look good. Bearings I think are no good though.

I thought I would ask here 1st, since a lot of you guys race. I was wondering if anybody out there has a 06 450er stock, steering stem/clamp/bar/swith pnl/cover assy (or parts?) For sale?

Good thing is, I was close to camp, another rider saw me crash, and came to help. I broke no bones. I cant move today, but Im not broken, just my bike. I will try & post the grizzly pics later.

So, If any of you guys have any of that stuff, and would consider selling, please post here, PM, or email me @
racedagto at adelphia dot net

Thanks in advance, Guy

Coolidge
09-17-2006, 06:11 AM
One more thing: I would consider a pair of frt wheels too, orig or aftermarket. Also: OE stock 06 hood, L/R fenders, stock gas tank?
Thanks agan ~Guy

Chango
09-17-2006, 08:12 AM
I have a stock 04 handle bars and stem i'll let them go for 75 plus shipping if they work for you...I hate them kiddie tracks

Coolidge
09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Lol, thats EXACTLY what it was, a 'Kiddie track' berm. Anyways, thanks much for offer. A forum brother from here is hooking me up w/most parts I need. Cant wait to get my bike back together.
Thanks for the offer, Guy

Originally posted by Chango
I have a stock 04 handle bars and stem i'll let them go for 75 plus shipping if they work for you...I hate them kiddie tracks

Supercup
09-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Coolige,

I have a 2006 450, which when new (before a single ride) I changed out many parts. I most likely have everything you need. All the parts are new. I have steering stem, bars, thumb throttle (cable etc), all front suspension pieces, bumper, rear axel, lights, front hood, stock wheels etc...

I am in Orange County and will be going riding next Saturday at Adelanto, so we could meet there and you can pick and choose from the parts box if you want. Or you can come down to Orange County and we can go through the parts you need.

JCM

Jersey450R
09-18-2006, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Supercup
Coolige,

I have a 2006 450, which when new (before a single ride) I changed out many parts. I most likely have everything you need. All the parts are new. I have steering stem, bars, thumb throttle (cable etc), all front suspension pieces, bumper, rear axel, lights, front hood, stock wheels etc...

I am in Orange County and will be going riding next Saturday at Adelanto, so we could meet there and you can pick and choose from the parts box if you want. Or you can come down to Orange County and we can go through the parts you need.

JCM

see, now thats what i'm talking about!

Coolidge
09-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Supercup
Coolige,

JCM

Thank you! I have most of the steer parts on the way. But I still need hood/wheels. I will give you a call later. I live about 1/2hr from El Mirage. I ride there quite a bit. But havent ridden Adelanto yet. Is that where "Raceway 395" (or something like that) is?

Talk soon, Guy

Coolidge
09-18-2006, 06:26 AM
That quad is killer by the way!

Supercup
09-19-2006, 02:10 PM
I am going to El Mirage. I am traveling right now but will be back on Wed. night.

JCM

Def-e-nition
09-20-2006, 10:45 AM
@ Supercup :

Damn , thats one helluva neat quad you got there bud . crumbs .:eek2:

Supercup
09-20-2006, 09:21 PM
thx

JCM

morfy
09-23-2006, 05:55 AM
I like that grap kit............

Coolidge
09-23-2006, 06:33 AM
Well, I got most of my parts, and hopefully will be riding again by next weekend. Thanks to ZWILLETT47 for a great deal on the parts I needed. Also, THANKS to all the folks who offered parts, etc.: Supercup, Chango, and all. I really do appreciate it.
~Guy

Chango
09-23-2006, 06:54 AM
Good to hear your back in action....

GIXXER1KR
09-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Yeah i love this site.Lots of good people willing to help!!:D