PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Design a airbox????

Pro400EXC
09-16-2006, 09:12 PM
I mean geezus..

I am borrowing my buddies Z400...

I kleened the filter and wow...

Am i the only one who thinks Honda is the only one who knows how a filter should be mounted?

I eman between the old yamaha's and new ones..even the YFZ...the LTR etc.

They ahve this stupid flawed design...

On the honda's I at least feel safe...but the others def. need a pro-design set-up...

nosliw
09-16-2006, 09:14 PM
yea dude. trying to wrestling a recently oiled foam filter in there (tacky as hell) is a PITA.

Pro400EXC
09-16-2006, 09:20 PM
and another thing...

going from a built Cannondale to a stock z400......

wow......no balls,lol

I hear it rev....but i feel like i am goin the same speed...and man does she sit up high...

I am not bashing the z's....just something totally diffrent..and far less powerful..but hey...the dale is running fine..just too wide for the woods..so the Z it is for now

Scro
09-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Pro400EXC
and another thing...

going from a built Cannondale to a stock z400......

wow......no balls,lol

I hear it rev....but i feel like i am goin the same speed...and man does she sit up high...

I am not bashing the z's....just something totally diffrent..and far less powerful..but hey...the dale is running fine..just too wide for the woods..so the Z it is for now

I know what you mean. A couple weeks ago I rode a stock 400ex for the weekend. It's hard to believe that everyone thought they were fast when they came out...or atleast everyone around that didn't have 250r's.