PDA

View Full Version : 450r shocks

250rman
09-16-2006, 12:21 PM
i have a stock front end and i put 450r front shocks on it. it sucked in the wheel base and now i'm looking to buy longer a-arms. will +2 +1 lonestars work good and be long enough or will the +3's work better? is there a better name to go with for that besides lonestar that is close to the same price?
help!

rrguy
09-17-2006, 10:10 PM
When ever using different shocks, it is good to make sure the shock travel if different does not allow your suspension to be stressed, such as allowing more travel than ball joints allow?? Due to the longer length of the 450R shock, I assume your quad sits higher in the front. Also causing your arms so to set steeper & setting narrow. Hopefully it still handles safe???? Have you tried adjusting the preload? You could also get a ZPS spring setup for you weight with a 250R.

Far as arms there are lots of good manufactures out there. I have some LSR +2 +1 they are good, but so are many others, main thing to watch is what kind of balljoint & bushing or bearing they use.

danhung11
09-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Do the stock 450R shocks bolt right up in the 250R's? If so... I am on the lookout for some and send them to Laz!

Anyone wanna buy some TCS's that were just revalved and serviced by GT Thunder? :devil:

elbine69
09-28-2006, 03:13 PM
yes they bolt right up