PDA

View Full Version : installing a stg 2 hotcam in a 400ex

Fatal
09-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi all,
I just bought a hotcam stage 2 and a wiseco piston for my 400ex i found is for the use of the decompressor from the stock cam shaft i want to know if someone already installed on in his life. What u do with de decompressor just pu out pieces from decompressor and run it without all this stuff i dont know what to do plz help me !!

GPracer2500
09-16-2006, 11:01 AM
You don't need to use the auto-decompressor mechanism. Very few people install them on their aftermarket cams--it's just not needed.

Fatal
09-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Ok thnx 4 your awnser now i need to know if i need to let the decompressor lifter in the engine or just remove it ?!?

NacsMXer
09-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Fatal
Ok thnx 4 your awnser now i need to know if i need to let the decompressor lifter in the engine or just remove it ?!?

If you are referring to the plunger and spring that sits in the head, then YES remove it. It WILL come out on its own and fall into the crankcase if you do not. Be careful when you remove it not to let it fall into the crankcase, it is very small. I like to use a strong magnet because it pulls the plunger and spring out all in one piece ;)

Fatal
09-16-2006, 10:33 PM
It wont be hard to start during the winter cause i removed the decompressor ?

cals400ex
09-16-2006, 10:56 PM
if your jetting is fine and you are using a stock rev box then it will start fine.