View Full Version : Might be in a bit of a legal prob.

Zeppelin03
09-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Well..back in march me and about 16 people played a game of paintball out in the woods on my history teachers properety which wer had full permission to be on..Farther out there was an abandoned house that we played around but wqasnt on my history teachers property. At the end of the game there were about 10 people in the woods , 6 had left. we were all standing around the house..4 of us outside and 6 inside. A bunch of stuff got broken and we pretty much all atleast broke one thing.. the people outside just hot trees and a few windows but i guess the kids who were inside broke a decent amount of stuff. I know it was very run down and one kid actualy fell thru the floor. nothing inside held any value. I know it was realyt stuipid and i didnt have much involvement in the destruction but im wondering if the guys presses charges who can he press them on and what can be done to any of us legal wise be it money or punishment.....dont start flamming me telling me it was a stuipid idea because im already aware of that..

Pappy
09-15-2006, 06:34 PM
If there is no definable value loss then he really cant do much. Yes, it was stupid, but any of us that grew up in rural areas have done the same thing.

CRich[814]
09-15-2006, 06:36 PM
i wouldve done the same thing. i love paintball.

Zeppelin03
09-15-2006, 06:41 PM
yeah..it was the last thing i expected to hear about today..since it was way abck in march..but if anything that place should be ropped off because the floor is crap and some middle school kid actualy fell thru...but i figure the best way to go about it is to just tell it like it was. i dont want to lie but i know storys from everyone are going to conflict with each other because its been a while and it wasnt anything that we thought much about realy

Scott-300ex
09-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeh man, if there's an abandond house or building or anything, I got to go in it, its so fun.

If he didn't see you do it he ain't got nothing. But if you play paintball there again he will suspect it was you guys.

Predatorguy88
09-15-2006, 07:10 PM
The guy didn't see us, and we don't play anymore. One of the guys we played with was called down to the police station and told them who was there. That's how they know.

700bRad
09-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Ah the dreaded snitch... That sux man. I feel for ya. Im in alittle bit of a legal problem to right now involving under age drinking.

JOEX
09-15-2006, 07:56 PM
What happened to respecting other peoples property:(

Zeppelin03
09-15-2006, 08:00 PM
yeah yeah...i know...like a said it is stuipid and its an isolated incident..it isnt something thats ever happened with us before.

Stevie-D
09-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Ah the dreaded snitch... That sux man. I feel for ya. Im in alittle bit of a legal problem to right now involving under age drinking.

haha...i get my license back on october 1st:devil: pretty sad that we cant sit out in a field around a fire and drink a few beers. well thats how mine happened...dont know your story:devil:

JOEX
09-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Zeppelin03
yeah yeah...i know...like a said it is stuipid and its an isolated incident..it isnt something thats ever happened with us before.
My comment wasn't necessarily directed to you or this thread specifically, just a generalization;)

Here's a quote from one of those email chain letters I received today...

Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and responsibility for all your actions.

gbcap
09-15-2006, 08:56 PM
even if it didn't have 'value' to you...it was still that guys property.

so i am sure he can get you for distruction of property if someone told that you were there. he can also get you for trespassing i am sure.

mxdave28
09-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Actually if the owner of the property really wanted to go all out with this you and your buddies can all be charged with trespassing, breaking an entry, destruction of property, and so on...there are actually several charges all of you could get if they really wanted to press the issue. :ermm:

Good luck

coolex
09-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
If there is no definable value loss then he really cant do much. Yes, it was stupid, but any of us that grew up in rural areas have done the same thing.

very true

quad2xtreme
09-16-2006, 05:56 AM
"I don't remember being there that day"...

quad2xtreme
09-16-2006, 05:58 AM
or, "that chit was broken before we got there".

or, "I was outside the whole time and never shot anything",...

or, "I must have left before that happened",...

mxdad
09-16-2006, 06:32 AM
TWO THINGS!!!

FIRST OFF, DENY EVERYTHING!!!

You were never there and you don't know anything about it!!!

They have to PROVE you were in the house to charge you with any charges from the destruction of the items within the house.

Also unless there were visible no tresspassing signs on the property you can not get charged with tresspassing either.

SECOND, DELETE THIS THREAD!!! This thread is an admission of guilt that could be traced back to you.

mxdave28
09-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by mxdad
TWO THINGS!!!

FIRST OFF, DENY EVERYTHING!!!

They have to PROVE you were in the house to charge you with any charges from the destruction of the items within the house.

Also unless there were visible no tresspassing signs on the property you can not get charged with tresspassing either.

i almost agree with the first part...best thing for all of you to do is...IF the police want to ask you questions you have the "Right to remain SILENT!" you do not have to answer any of their questions. if they go further get a lawyer!

As for the part about..."unless there were visible no tresspassing signs" thats wrong....if you do not own the property or have permission to be on it then you ARE trespassing plain and simple. If you rolled up into my driveway and i didnt want you there i can charge you with trespassing....stupid as it may sound.

TOPDAWG
09-16-2006, 06:01 PM
I'm a cop and you're all busted! :macho

I wouldn't sweat it. You didn't break anything. Right? :D

Scott-300ex
09-17-2006, 09:59 AM
You guys are nuts.

Get a lawyer? Yeh, I'm sure he is rich and wants to spend all his money.

And if he deny's it his friends will just rat him out.

You did it, so if you do get tried, might as well just say you were there. Prolly wont get in much trouble.

I'm good at gettin out of stuff, actually, I'm better and not getting caught, but just own up to it. Don't get a lawyer or deny it.

nightrider05
09-17-2006, 12:20 PM
I wouldn't get too worked up about it until something actually happens. With there being that many people involved I highly doubt they will charge all of you with serious crimes. If they do, get a lawyer and let him deal with it. Yea they are expensive, but if it keeps you from having a criminal record its well worth it IMO.

cannondale96
09-17-2006, 12:21 PM
How old are you? I take it from reading above you are under 18. Best thing IMO if u havent, sit down with ur parents and talk with them about it, make sure they know about cause if it goes the legal route they are gonna know anyway. Its always best to be on the same page with ur parents or guardians with issues like this cause legaly the police(or whom ever law enforcement wise) can not question u without them being present or without their permission. And coming from a law enforcemt officer the first thing I was tought is consult with a lawyer no matter what. Most of the time it costs nothing just to consult with 1. Again this is just MO and every1 has 1.

Ken

Scott-300ex
09-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by cannondale96
How old are you? I take it from reading above you are under 18. Best thing IMO if u havent, sit down with ur parents and talk with them about it, make sure they know about cause if it goes the legal route they are gonna know anyway. Its always best to be on the same page with ur parents or guardians with issues like this cause legaly the police(or whom ever law enforcement wise) can not question u without them being present or without their permission. And coming from a law enforcemt officer the first thing I was tought is consult with a lawyer no matter what. Most of the time it costs nothing just to consult with 1. Again this is just MO and every1 has 1.

Ken

Sounds good to me.

sakirocket28
09-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by 700bRad

yeah me too..i got a citation last night becaise we were at stone mountain park, a place here in GA for the day, and one of our friends who was driving is was gonan surprise us all with beer that night when we were hanging out, so he didnt tell us about it and had it hidden in the car, so we get pulled over cause someone in the car had his shirt off:( cause we were headin back to camp from swimming, and the cop said it was uncalled for?:eek: and he searched the car and found it, and everyone cept the driver said they didnt know about it, so instead of being cool and listening to us, he gave everyone citations for posession of alcohol while underage, even though nobody but the driver had a drop of it, or even knew about it......srry, im not tryin to steal ur thread, i just need to vent...oh and how much do you guys thing the ticket will run me?

10-18-2006, 10:41 AM
So what has happend about this? Im kinda curious. I doubt you will get in any trouble what so ever, your kids playing paintball in a bush, my god, you found a old abounded house and played in there, the floor was caveing in, it was junk, you could sya alot of thing to get out of it if you have to, just make sure you remain if they try any of that scareing you bs they try.

If this is a old thread, dont be *****ing, i want to know whats hapend with this.

PismoLocal
10-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Go back to the abandoned propterty and purposely break your arm and then if he wants to press charges tell him you will sue him. :devil::cool::devil:

F-16Guy
10-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by mxdad
....SECOND, DELETE THIS THREAD!!! This thread is an admission of guilt that could be traced back to you.
I have already copied this thread and traced your IP address. I could make these things go away for the right price.... :scary: :devil:

NorCalRacer
10-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
Go back to the abandoned propterty and purposely break your arm and then if he wants to press charges tell him you will sue him. :devil::cool::devil:

LMAO That is why californian's have a bad rep. I don't think that garbage flies elsewhere:blah:

F-16Guy
10-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Seriously, though, have some integrity and admit to the things you know you did. People make poor decisions sometimes, and it will reflect much better on you if you own up to it. I'm sure the owner is trying to make a point more than prosecute to the fullest. If you have to kick down a couple hundred dollars for your decision making, so be it. If you deny everything and the owner takes you guys to small claims court, he doesn't have to prove guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt, only guilt by a preponderance of the evidence. If it's reasonably likely that you were there, and there are others that will testify to it, you'll most likely have a judgement against you. Remember, Karma is a *****!

10-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Or say i got a spider, so how do you think i shot anything? I was fixing it the whole time:blah:

PismoLocal
10-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
LMAO That is why californian's have a bad rep. I don't think that garbage flies elsewhere:blah:
lol Ya I know I was just jokin around other states don't put up with horse S like that. If he lived here that would be a feasible solution.

NorCalRacer
10-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Unfortunately, very true. If a trespasser get's hurt on your land in Cali', shoot them like a horse and you'll be in a better legal position than taking them to the hospital. Survivors will sue.

As for the thread starter, just own up. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, so to speak.

Zeppelin03
10-18-2006, 12:08 PM
nah..nothing has become of this yet and its been a while...They talked to my friend that lives near where this happened..he owned up and told the policew who was there so its not like they are looking for who did it, they know.. But as of now nobody else has been questioned and were just gonna own up i think because its far better than having everyones lies criss cross and make no sence...I originaly started this thread to see what kinda trouble we might get in...

Ghost-Rider
10-18-2006, 12:36 PM
I have had people threaten many a time and if he is gonna do it all of you and your friends should get together and chip in some money to try n pay it off....better than court