PDA

View Full Version : Help. is he legit?

krt400ex
09-15-2006, 09:16 AM
ok, i posted my dirtbike for sale in another forum and i got a guy who wants it. no questions asked....i am not sure if he is for real or not. his offer sounds a little too good to be true, so i was wondering what u guys think. here is what he wrote.....

Hello,
My client saw your advert placed on www.thumpertalk.com and informed me that i should make more enquiries about the sales of the bike i will like you to know that my client is well satisfied with the advert price and present condition of the bike. I will like you to know that my client needs this bike fast so to buy it from you cos the bike is needed to shoot a film in canada which you will be invited to view the film in canada the ticket will ticket will be provided by the film industry.I will like to know if you will accept a cheque for payment if yes pls get back to me with the informations below so that the cheque can be send to you in the first class mail.so i will like you to mail me this informations below for the payment to be send to you asap.Also my client have already arranged for the shipping company that will come for the picking up of the bike and do the papper work too.
NAME TO BE WRITTEN ON THE CHEQUE......................
ADDRESS WHERE TO SEND THE CHEQUE TO.....................
mobile phone numbers...................
ASKING PRICE.............................
I will be looking forward to here from you soon so that my client can tell the shipping company to be ready and come for the shipment of the bike as soon as you recieve the cheque.Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Engineer david woods

so, u guys think he is kegit or not? i have never dealt over the internet like this before, so i am not sure. thanks for the help

Kurt

insaneracin2003
09-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
ok, i posted my dirtbike for sale in another forum and i got a guy who wants it. no questions asked....i am not sure if he is for real or not. his offer sounds a little too good to be true, so i was wondering what u guys think. here is what he wrote.....

Hello,
My client saw your advert placed on www.thumpertalk.com and informed me that i should make more enquiries about the sales of the bike i will like you to know that my client is well satisfied with the advert price and present condition of the bike. I will like you to know that my client needs this bike fast so to buy it from you cos the bike is needed to shoot a film in canada which you will be invited to view the film in canada the ticket will ticket will be provided by the film industry.I will like to know if you will accept a cheque for payment if yes pls get back to me with the informations below so that the cheque can be send to you in the first class mail.so i will like you to mail me this informations below for the payment to be send to you asap.Also my client have already arranged for the shipping company that will come for the picking up of the bike and do the papper work too.
NAME TO BE WRITTEN ON THE CHEQUE......................
ADDRESS WHERE TO SEND THE CHEQUE TO.....................
mobile phone numbers...................
ASKING PRICE.............................
I will be looking forward to here from you soon so that my client can tell the shipping company to be ready and come for the shipment of the bike as soon as you recieve the cheque.Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Engineer david woods

so, u guys think he is kegit or not? i have never dealt over the internet like this before, so i am not sure. thanks for the help

Kurt
I would say get his phone # and talk to him personally. Get ALL his info while talking to him.Make sure the check clears before you load the truck with the bike. Just be very weiry <sp. about a deal like this. Some actually are legit but then you have the others.

insaneracin2003
09-15-2006, 09:48 AM
what are you selling may I ask?

krt400ex
09-15-2006, 09:55 AM
a 1986 RM 250. it is a 2 stroke dirtbike. i have it in the for sale section here too. i am parting it, but i will sell it whole minus any parts that have been sold already.

Aughtx
09-15-2006, 09:58 AM
It is a scam just stop communicating with them. They will send you a check for more than you asked for and ask you to return the money they over paid. Then months down the road you hear from your bank that the check is bad and they have removed the money from your account. So now you are out the money you refunded them and the amount on the check.

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Nigerian/counterfeit_cashiers_check_scams.htm

insaneracin2003
09-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Aughtx
It is a scam just stop communicating with them. They will send you a check for more than you asked for and ask you to return the money they over paid. Then months down the road you hear from your bank that the check is bad and they have removed the money from your account. So now you are out the money you refunded them and the amount on the check.

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Nigerian/counterfeit_cashiers_check_scams.htm
well shiot, cut all ties with this guy,thanks for posting that link Aughtx,I was not aware of this fraud.

RaptorRacer45
09-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Um I thought "Check was Spelled like that....not "Cheque!:huh

....LMAO that would be enough 2 make me say No!

09-15-2006, 10:11 AM
this is a scam that has been going on for quite a while now...hard to track, and hard to prosecute, but easy to fall for.

cheque is the french/canadien spelling of check

09-15-2006, 10:28 AM
tell him to pay cash!

LTZ400rider
09-15-2006, 11:31 AM
scam, especially when they are that professional. usually it would be like im interested in your dirtbike, can u meet me half way. that wouldnt be a scam

CHAR250R
09-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
tell him to pay cash!

Yep. That usually weeds out the scammers.