PDA

View Full Version : Help. Does this sound legit

krt400ex
09-15-2006, 09:10 AM
ok, i posted a bike for sale on a website and a guy wants it ...no questions asked, but i am not sure if he is for real. here is what he said....

Hello,
My client saw your advert placed on www.thumpertalk.com and informed me that i should make more enquiries about the sales of the bike i will like you to know that my client is well satisfied with the advert price and present condition of the bike. I will like you to know that my client needs this bike fast so to buy it from you cos the bike is needed to shoot a film in canada which you will be invited to view the film in canada the ticket will ticket will be provided by the film industry.I will like to know if you will accept a cheque for payment if yes pls get back to me with the informations below so that the cheque can be send to you in the first class mail.so i will like you to mail me this informations below for the payment to be send to you asap.Also my client have already arranged for the shipping company that will come for the picking up of the bike and do the papper work too.
NAME TO BE WRITTEN ON THE CHEQUE......................
ADDRESS WHERE TO SEND THE CHEQUE TO.....................
mobile phone numbers...................
ASKING PRICE.............................
I will be looking forward to here from you soon so that my client can tell the shipping company to be ready and come for the shipment of the bike as soon as you recieve the cheque.Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Engineer david woods

do u hguys thik he is legit or not. i ahve never dealt over the internet before, so i am a little weary. thanks for the help.

81 clark racing
09-15-2006, 09:21 AM
nope sounds fishey i had that same thing said 2 me but it was about a race car i was selling when i emailed him bak he never responed i wouldnt do it

krt400ex
09-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by 81 clark racing
nope sounds fishey i had that same thing said 2 me but it was about a race car i was selling when i emailed him bak he never responed i wouldnt do it

i thought so, but i wasn't sure. then when i looked at it again, i saw that he was trying to sound real official, but he mispelled alot of stuff and he was not using proper puncuation. that does not sound very business like to me.

ImplodedMindZ
09-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey if the check clears then w/e i guess. Or see if u can get them to wire transfer the $$. Either way make sure the money clears and talk to the bank. b/c i know alot of people that have got burned on frauds where they cash a money order and think everything is good. send out the products or w/e their sellin and the money order is fradulent. Good luck and just be carefull.

krt400ex
09-15-2006, 09:40 AM
stupid question, but what does w/e mean?

ImplodedMindZ
09-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
stupid question, but what does w/e mean?
whatever, sorry i have horrible grammer

krt400ex
09-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by ImplodedMindZ
whatever, sorry i have horrible grammer

that's all right. thanks

redexrider
09-15-2006, 09:56 AM
It is deffinately a scam... was the site you posted at Craigslist? if not go to craigslist.com and read some of the sample scams that they have come across. This is deffinately a scam, do not even attempt to cash any check from this person.

Woodrowbt
09-15-2006, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't take a check unless you tell him he has to wait for it to clear the bank.

It looks like a scam to me.

You could tell him you won't take a check....but i doubt he will reply back.

GPracer2500
09-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Absolutely a scam.

krt400ex
09-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by redexrider
It is deffinately a scam... was the site you posted at Craigslist? if not go to craigslist.com and read some of the sample scams that they have come across. This is deffinately a scam, do not even attempt to cash any check from this person.

i posted it at thumpertalk.

gbcap
09-15-2006, 11:07 AM
mostly likely a scam. but i give theses guys one shot incase it isn't.

i tell them, yes, i will take your check and your shipping company can come pick up the bike when it clears after 10 days. most likely they will not respond after that but if they do then its prolly not a scam. take it to your bank, ask them to verify and deposit the check. when you have confirmation it is legit then send the bike.

you can also ask for a usps money order. it is a federal offense to forge one of these so it makes scammers wery of this method. if he isn't a scammer they won't mind doing this.

don't do a wire transfer. reason being. your giving them your routing number and bank account number to a 'possible' scammer. ummm...not a good idea.

like i said, i always give them one shot, incase it is legit. it sucks for some people, they only have certain ways to buy bikes and it might seem like a scam.

81 clark racing
09-15-2006, 03:22 PM
ya i wouldnt do it man

krt400ex
09-15-2006, 04:00 PM
thanks guys. i am not going to go with it. i got someone else who is inerested.

fastyz85
09-15-2006, 04:40 PM
krt don't.those people make me sick. you would think by now that they would learn.i mean its sooo old.but anyway all those are are one BIG SCAM!!!!! sell it locally where you can meet the guy who wants to buy it.

wysse
09-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by fastyz85
krt don't.those people make me sick. you would think by now that they would learn.i mean its sooo old.but anyway all those are are one BIG SCAM!!!!! sell it locally where you can meet the guy who wants to buy it.

Hes right about 2-3 years ago a buddy of mine lost a lot of money from some one who sent him a letter just like yours!

krt400ex
09-15-2006, 05:03 PM
thanks

fastyz85
09-15-2006, 08:38 PM
no prob;)