PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate TT setup??

xsr_racing28c
09-15-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm refurbishing my 450r TT bike for next season and have decided to go completely all out and just make it specifically for TT use only. I'm looking to get an idea of what kind of arms to use and also what kind of front shocks. Here is my current setup.

JD Performance LT arms
PEP Big Bottle ARC's
Standard length Swinger
Custom Axis Fully Adj rear shock
Lowering Link in rear

Here is what i've got for next season already (picking up next weekend)

JB Racing -2 Swingarm
PEP Big Bottle ARC rear shock
Custom TT linkage

So i need some setup options:
If you got something to show,please post pics and give detailed description of what it is. thanks, Jay

bradley300
09-15-2006, 09:37 AM
i would think that for TT, you wouldnt want LT a-arms. the whole point of a sway bar is to restrict travel, so i wouldnt think LT would be the way to go. a std. travel set up will also be lighter.

its my understanding that the only reason people use LT set ups in TT is because they are using mx quads converted to TT, and havent built an actual TT bike

xsr_racing28c
09-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Yep thats why i'm looking to switch over to different arms, and i'm going to be going over to St instead of LT...

The reason i have long travel is because on off weekends i love to ride mx, but now that i have a yfz setup for mx, i don't need my 450r setup for mx, thats why i'm switching.. ~Jay

Chino886
09-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Hey XSR,

Call Rath Racing, Daryl is a TT racer.....I am sure you could pick his brain for a while....

xsr_racing28c
09-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Yea i was just talking to my buddy Tony. We are either going to go with JB or Rath components.

I'm gonna try to talk to Daryl at the Paducah national and see what he thinks.. thanks, jay

Chino886
09-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Maybe you should trade me A-arms too, I have some ST a-arms......

Toadz400
09-15-2006, 03:00 PM
I would definately contact Rath Racing, he knows what he's talking about.

fandl450r
09-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Jay, Jody at JB definitely knows what he's doing. I've seen and ridden his TT stuff, same great quality as his MX stuff. Definitely go with STD travel.